Find numerous ENT Specialists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find ENT Specialists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find ENT Specialists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Kisan H Mustakali
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment of Tonsils (Tonsillitis)
Hearing Aid Fitting
Treatment of Throat and Voice Problems
Earlobe Repair Procedure
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Nose Reshaping Procedure
Hearing Testing Techniques
Nasal And Sinus Allergy Care
Cochlear Implant Procedure
Ear Micro Surgery
Treatment Of Hearing Deficiency
Submit a review for Dr. Kisan H MustakaliYour feedback matters!
The nose for sure must be one organ that most people are unhappy about. Almost everybody has a complaint about the way the nose looks sharp, rounded, blunt, too short, too long, the list can be quite long. Now everyone with these complaints has a reason to cheer and that reason is rhinoplasty. Corrections of the nasal shape or rhinoplasty is one of the most common cosmetic procedures and is extremely common.
If you are unhappy with your nose, read on to know more and then decide if you want to go for it.
What is it?
It involves modifying the bones and the cartilage (in the upper and lower parts) of the nose to achieve desired and improved aesthetic results – narrowing it, heightening the bridge, refining the tip, removing bumps, etc. This correction is done either through an incision in the inside of the nose or the outside so that cartilage and bone can be manipulated to achieve the desired shape. Additional cartilage can be used either from the septum or the back of the ear or very rarely ribs to fill and make it longer.
There are some things to consider before going for a nose job
- Do it for the right reasons: Psychological disorders where people are obsessed with their appearance is not a reason for going under the knife. Then there will be another body part which is not perfect; it will just go on. A better-looking nose can definitely improve the appearance, but remember that perhaps that long pointed nose that you admire may not look good on your face.
- Set expectations: Talk to your surgeon about what will work best for you and have a detailed discussion. Else, you might have to go for a second surgery (what is known as secondary rhinoplasty, which is also quite common)! Remember that the result of the correction should be an improvement from what it was and not a perfect nose.
- Age: Skeletal development should be complete before going for a nose job. This means girls no younger than 17 to 18 and boys no younger than 18 should go for it. Although obsessing with looks starts quite young in life, wait for nature to run its complete course of growth before going for manual intervention.
- Cost: Done purely for cosmetic reasons, health insurance does not cover nose jobs, and prepare for the cost.
- Recovery: The first week after surgery, you would be using a nasal pack or a splint. There could also be facial swelling and discomfort and restrictions on going out in the sun, exercise, and contact sports. So, plan for it accordingly.
Have an open heart talk with your doctor about the entire procedure before going for it! If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Cosmetic/Plastic Surgeon.
Hello, I suffered with pilonidal sinus 2 years ago nd got treatment through Ayurveda medicines and wound on butuck was cleared. Last night been to a movie I am getting back pain like how faced a problem 2 years ago. I felt that sinus is not cleared so pls help me.
I have throat problem some times I feel some itching in throat and at the same time tears come in my eyes it is from last 4 days also at night my nostrils block. please suggest some medicine.
Sir I was cut on my neck with a major by a barber after 5 week I felt flu like symptoms and sore throat for a long time help me.
Tinnitus is when you think that there is noise when there really is no sound. It is very common and is not very serious either. It affects about 1/5th of the population. It is worth note that tinnitus is not a condition. Instead, it is a symptom of having a condition. These conditions range from hearing loss, an ear injury or even a circulatory system disorder. Even though tinnitus does worsen with age however, it can also improve with treatment. If you know the cause of tinnitus, it does help treat it. Here is everything you need to know about tinnitus.
Symptoms of Tinnitus:
As mentioned earlier, tinnitus is a ringing, hissing, clicking or buzzing sound which only you can hear and no one else.
Causes of Tinnitus:
There are many common causes of tinnitus including:
- Age-related hearing loss: Tinnitus is commonly caused due to hearing loss.
- Meniere's disease: Meniere's disease is a type of inner ear disorder. It is when there are abnormalities in the fluid pressure of your inner ear.
- Medications: Many medications have a side effect of tinnitus as well including certain antibiotics, antidepressants, cancer medications and even aspirin.
- Loud noise exposure: Exposure to loud noise once in a while will not cause tinnitus. However, constant exposure to loud noise might cause tinnitus.
- Changes in the shape of your ear bone: Otosclerosis is an abnormal bone growth which results in the bones in your middle ear stiffening.
- Acoustic neuroma: There is a nerve, which goes from the brain straight to the inner ear. When this nerve develops a tumor, it is known as acoustic neuroma which is a common cause of tinnitus.
Treatment of Tinnitus:
Tinnitus can be only be stopped if the underlying condition is treated. However, there are certain electronic devices, which help suppress the noise including:
- Hearing aids: Hearing aids are already helpful for people who have hearing loss; however they can also help reduce tinnitus.
- Masking device: Wearing a masking device which continuously emits a low-level noise helps stop the buzzing, clicking, hissing or ringing sound which comes with tinnitus. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can ask a free question.