Find numerous Dentists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Dentists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Braces
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Kirti DaanandwalaYour feedback matters!
I am a 23 year old girl. I am having a tooth ache since two days. Even after minimizing the intake of sensitive drinks, the ache continues? Can you help me out?
My father is 67 years old and he has no teeth. He need to reliable and economical solution as he did not take any food due to same issue
I have mouth ulcer since many years, mostly around the tongue and am hardly ever without these painful symptoms. All the ointments only hold the pain down for little time, but never solve the problem. Would an ayurvedic treatment help? And if so where should I go? Thank you
I have problems with teeth. My last two teeth does not come out properly. For that any food goes into that teeth. Then the teeth get infected and pain starts. Can't sleep at night also.
I have a peoria dental problem since 2 years back now I my age is 29. Sometimes it bleeds and the gums are damaged I need to know what is the proper medicine name to cure this.
I have teeth with black colour. Im irritating with this. How can I make my teeth neet and pure white?
Hello m 20 year old male and I want to know how to clean teeth and do them white if they are yellow and became bad because of water.
I have bad breath. Is this due to my stress n anxiety .Due to my stress and anxiety I don't do proper breathing. Could this be the reason for the bad breath.
Hi I'm a boy or male if we go to sleep early in the night by 10 thn wat time or how vill brush our teeth in the night what is the right time to brush our teeth in the night what time should we go to brush our teeth in the night please tel me plz.
Lots of saliva coming out of mouth while sleeping that it wets the pillow when in sleep. Please help.
While the mouth has the maximum amount of bacteria in the body, the highest concentration of bacteria in the mouth is on the tongue. It is therefore important to keep a clean tongue to avoid dental issues, starting from plaque formation to severe dental and oral infections.
Why clean the tongue: Before talking about how to go about keeping the tongue clean, let us look at why it should be done.
- Tongue cleaning is one of the main steps to maintaining a good oral hygiene.
- The bacteria that cause tooth decay and gum disease reside on the tongue, and cleaning it can remove the bacteria and therefore reduce tooth decay and gum disease.
- The bad odour produced by decay and gum disease can be avoided.
- Detoxifies the body - it is believed that toxin accumulation happens on the tongue, so daily cleaning helps detoxify the body.
- A cleaner tongue exposes the taste buds, thereby improving the perception of taste.
- Stimulate various other organs -The tongue has like pressure points that connect to various other body parts, and cleaning it helps stimulate these. The tip of the tongue activates the heart; the sides are connected to the spleen, liver, and gallbladder; so on and so forth.
- Cleaner looking tongue - Various food habits tend to give a color to the tongue. Caffeine, for instance, produces a yellow coating, which can be removed by regular brushing.
Choosing a tongue cleaner: Decide on the material and the type of the instrument. Either a plastic or metal or silicone cleaner will do the job equally well. In ancient times, gold or copper scrapers were used as it was believed to be good for health. Pick one of the three -tongue scrapers, tongue cleaners, or tongue brushes. All three are equally effective in cleaning the tongue of the bacteria. If required, motorized tongue cleaners are also available.
- Timing: Good to do it first thing in the morning. Overnight, there is a thick coating of bacteria on the tongue, and therefore cleaning the tongue in the morning is a good habit.
- Swish warm water: Begin with swishing your mouth with warm water, which loosens up the microbial film and thereby making it easier to remove.
- Scraping/Cleaning: Extend your tongue and start from the back of the tongue, as far back as possible without gagging. Toothpaste can be used on the scraper or cleaner if required. With slow, sweeping strokes, clean all the way to the front and then sideways.
- Duration: It is good practice to brush the tongue for about 90 seconds per day.
Tongue cleaning is a simple and effective way to maintain oral and general health. If you wish to discuss about any specific dental problem, you can consult a specialized dentist and ask a free question.