Find numerous Pediatricians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Pediatricians with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adolescent Problems Treatment
Limping Child Treatment
Management of New Born Care
Treatment of Newborn Jaundice
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Adolescent Disorders Treatment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Childhood Diabetes
Cleft Lip Treatment
Management of Postnatal Care
Child Growth Management
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Management of Childhood Nutrition
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Quad Screening Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Kirtane JyotsnaYour feedback matters!
Hi Doctor, My baby boy on 13th completed his 3 month. Last week he suffered from serious issue, in his poo I saw blood so I consulted with my paediatric Dr. he said it's fresh blood and it's because of infection, and he gave him Taxim-O-O syrup for 5 days. But still issue is remain as it is. But blood may comes in every poo it comes in mostly morning poo. 1 or 2 times. Along with that he also have congenital heart disease it's because of that. He is on medication like calcium syrup and tonoferon. It's because of this medication. Is this a serious issue what can I do for this pls help me Dr. His weight is 4.24 n it's low so Dr. gave him simyl MCT OIL.
Hello Doctor, My 2 year old son does not speak properly and fluently. He just able to speak few general words clearly e.g. Papa, mummy, mama, bike, dog, ball, bus. But not able to speak two words jointly. Also not learn new word easily. He not repeat any word behind you. He speaks only when he wants (Only few words). Please suggest if there any problem and what should we do in his case.
What is the reason behind that a baby below six month should be fed with breast milk only for the first six months before given proper food to him/her.
1) COLD & COUGH : Honey is highly soothing for temporary cough relief. You can prepare a warm drink with ginger, honey, and lemon juice to drink before bedtime. The ginger and lemon soothe the throat, and the honey loosens up mucus and also acts as a gentle cough suppressant. Don't give honey to babies ages one or under, though, due to the risk of infantile botulism. For the really little ones, a hot steam vaporizer usually does the trick.
2) NASAL CONGESTION: A stuffy nose is an added challenge with babies and toddlers, as they can’t blow their nose. Prepare a solution of salt in lukewarm water, put this saline solution into the nose, then let your baby lie down for a while, and use the aspirator to remove the loosened mucus. This remedy is safe for babies as well as toddlers.
3) STOMACH UPSET/VOMITING: Stomach aches or infections are the most difficult to get around and can be highly uneasy for the child. Try giving light liquids like dal/rice and vegetable stock, the best that works for everything is breat milk. If you can't breast feed, try to boil fennel seeds (sauf) in milk to make the baby's stomach feel better.
Click on Consult Privately to ask me a private question about your child's health.
From Lybrate: If you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones.
Hi doc. My daughter is 5 months old now. She is totally on formula feed. Can I start fresh milk or amul or mother dairy milk for her? and when I can start semi solids and what yo start the in semi solids?
If baby is having lots of diper rashes, and using rashes cream also but its not decresing and crying a lot for that while passing stool and urine Please suggest immediate relief for that ?
Please List the specific iron rich foods that I can give to my 17 month boy baby. What are the foods other than normal name like leafy vegetables, pulses, cereals. What are the iron foods?(give names).
Mera baby 30days ka hai since 4days usne motion nahi kiya. Aap suggest aur prescribe kare waiting for reply.
Hi, My 7 year old girl is so attached to us that she sleeps right in the middle of us and always puts us to sleep before she does. No matter what she doesn't want to sleep separately. And you know what. Also is this the right time to talk to her about sex and how much info should be given to her, considering some info could make kids curious and try to know more by experimenting and exploring that is way too unsafe. Please advise. Regards.
For children with normal separation anxiety, there are steps you can take to make the process of separation anxiety easier.
1. Practice separation. Leave your child with a caregiver for brief periods and short distances at first.
2. Schedule separations after naps or feedings. Babies are more susceptible to separation anxiety when they’re tired or hungry.
3. Develop a “goodbye” ritual. Rituals are reassuring and can be as simple as a special wave through the window or a goodbye kiss.
4. Keep familiar surroundings when possible and make new surroundings familiar. Have the sitter come to your house. When your child is away from home, let him or her bring a familiar object.
5. Have a consistent primary caregiver. If you hire a caregiver, try to keep him or her on the job.
6. Leave without fanfare. Tell your child you are leaving and that you will return, then go—don’t stall.
7. Minimize scary television. Your child is less likely to be fearful if the shows you watch are not frightening.
8. Try not to give in. Reassure your child that he or she will be just fine—setting limits will help the adjustment to separation.
Abnormal separation anxiety needs expert assistance. Consult a psychologist for advise and intervention.
My child is a 3 years a baby girl she is a normal child but she is so stubborn, but from past one week she is just blowing our minds with her stubbroness, she cross her hight of being stubborn, if she start become stubborn cry for alteast one hour , after becoming normal she feel headache, she will not listen anything and ask us to do nothing , for example - If we eat she ask us to stop eating, there are lots many instance , so will become so "Ziddi" from past one week so is doing twice a day or trice a day, we are very worried about our child , Need help on this suggest me whether we need to contact Pedio/child psychiatrist,
My 3 year old is sick with a temperature of 100 degrees she can not keep anything down including liquids. What should I do?
My 20 months baby is due for vaccination. Can anyone please tell me if pentaxim (painless) is still available with any Paediatric doctor in Pune?
My son aged 6 years old not talk with his friends & others as well as he feels very shy. He is not interested to play with friends. He only interested to watch cartoons in tv.Please suggest
If chewing food and retaining a sparkling smile is not enough for you, avoiding toothaches and a visit to the dentist could be reason enough to maintain healthy teeth. Ignoring your tooth health can lead to many problems. Answer yourself the following question. Would you like your teeth inside your mouth or in a glass tumbler beside your bed at nighttime?
If you opted for the former, then going through the following tips and advices will go a long way in helping you sustain healthy teeth. They are:
- Brush and floss twice a day: Brushing and flossing twice a day, on a regular basis will help you maintain healthy teeth and gums in the long run. The ideal time to brush your teeth is 20 minutes after a meal. Opting for a toothbrush with a small head and soft bristles gives you better access to even the deeper portions of your mouth, thus providing comprehensive cleansing to your teeth. Moreover, softer bristles are generous on your gums as well.
- Nutrition: Whatever you eat, either protects you or makes you more susceptible to diseases and disorders. This stands true for your oral health as well. As such, choosing the right foods early in your life is of vital importance. Foods such as cold drinks, cakes, candies and other such sugary substances facilitate the growth of germ and bacteria in your mouth, resulting in plaque and cavities. Choosing foods that are low in starch and sugar will reduce the development of germs and help eradicate cavities or plaque in the long run.
- Smoking: Even the pack of smoke that you buy endorses smoking is injurious to your general health. Smoking causes reduced flow of blood to the mouth, which resultantly leads to increased chances of periodontal disease and mouth cancer. Smoking, moreover causes a decline in the ability of the bones and tissues to revascularize (self-heal). All else apart, just stop smoking.
- Chewing gums: Chewing gums are highly beneficial especially after a meal. They not only increase the flow of saliva in your mouth, but also improves the flow of blood to your brain, thus enhancing your alertness by close to 10%. In addition, chewing gums help neutralize the acid in your mouth, thus helping you cleanse your mouth.