Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Mumbai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Kiran CoelhoYour feedback matters!
Using pregnancy kit my gf found to b pregnant, is there any other way of aborting the child rather than abortion?
My friend is having irregularities in her periods. She has consulted doctors before, and taken medicines for it, but there is no result. Is it a serious problem? Will it affect her during her pregnancy?
I have 2 kids. Now I don't want any new kid. What precautions my wife has to take to avoid pregnancy. Already 2 times she got abortion.
I am 20 years old. I am late on my periods by 5 days. Otherwise my periods is regular lasting for 3-4 days I never miss it. I did not have any sexual activity since past 2 months. I am having slight cramping in my waist and lower abdomen but periods has not come yet. When will it come.
Hi doctor I'm 28 week pregnant today I'm having vaginal pain at 22 week I have cervix stitch from past 3 week I'm on progesterone injection im taking susten 200, cc74, richer, ultra d3. Then why is vagina pain. Urine culture is normal, vaginal swab is also normal please help me out.
Vitiligo: 10 Important Facts
Vitiligo is a disease in which the pigment cells of the skin are destroyed in certain areas.
Symptoms and signs of vitiligo include loss of skin color in the form of depigmented, or white patches of skin in any location on the body.
Vitiligo can be focal and localized to one area, or it may affect several different areas of the body.
The exact cause of vitiligo is unknown, although mostly believe that it is an autoimmune condition in which the body's immune system mistakenly attacks and destroys certain cells within the body.
Most people who have vitiligo will develop the condition prior to age 40; about half develop it before age 20.
Vitiligo may have a genetic component, as the condition tends to run in families.
Vitiligo is not painful and does not have significant health consequences; however, it can have emotional and psychological consequences.
Some treatments can reduce the severity of the condition, but it can be difficult to cure.
There is no known way to prevent vitiligo.
There are some home remedies which may improve appearance.
I am female 28. I want to make my vagina color lighter. I am using clean and dry intimate wash but no effect. How to make vagina lighter in color.
Hi. I am 27 years old. Am diagnosed with Bilateral Polycystic ovaries. So I have been prescribed Regumet 500 mg (twice) tablets for 30 .I have been married since 8 months now. Will I be able to conceive? How long it will take for me to get pregnant? Please suggest me.
I HAVE SEX WTH MY HUBBY ON 8 june on the first day of my periods and my period last 6 days n after that I did not have my periods till now? Please tell me is m pregnant or nt? Why I missed my periods?
The last few decades have seen obesity has grown as the new social evil. One of the major culprits is the reduced physical activity and sedentary lifestyle that has become the norm. It is therefore not surprising that weight loss is on everybody's personal goals. In a lot of cases, ironically, the methods and techniques have involved turning the clock back, what was being done a couple of decades ago. Let us look at using stairs for example. From an engineering point of view, elevators and escalators were a major focus area in the 1900s and 2000s. However, now, stair designs that are easy on the body are the highlight.
Let us look at some facts related to weight loss and climbing stairs. These should provide you sufficiently good reasons to start using the stairs next time when you have a choice.
- Fact 1: Climbing stairs help burn more calories per minute than jogging. It is declared as a 'vigorous exercise'.
- Fact 2: Climbing a step helps you burn about 0.2 calories and going down burns 0.05, so to burn 1 calorie, all you need to do is go up 5 steps or go down 20 steps.
- Fact 3: However, though the number of calories burned is less by going downstairs, the muscles and joints used for getting down stairs are different. Using stairs to go up and down should be regularly practiced.
- Fact 4: Climbing stairs require about 9 times more energy than sitting and about 7 times more energy than required to take the lift.
- Fact 5: For going up or down 3 to 4 flights of stairs, taking the stairs helps save about 15 minutes of valuable time (most of it waiting for the lift to arrive).
- Fact 6: Regular use of stairs safeguards you against heart disease, diabetes, muscle weakness and stroke.
- Fact 7: Endorphins are released when you climb stairs, which also induce a feeling of well-being.
- Fact 8: Overweight people burn more calories by climbing stairs.
- Fact 9: Taking one step at a time in more beneficial than taking two at a time. Calories are burned gradually, but more efficiently.
- Fact 10: Climbing stairs is eco-friendly as well, as it reduces carbon emissions. Just another reason why you should avoid the lift!
Hello mera period 14th ko ata h but abhi tak nai aaya muje back me pain hota h morning me or vagina me halka pain kabi kabi hota h kya pregnancy ho sakti h?
Hot and cold therapy has a tendency to reduce pain, assist with tissue healing, control swelling, and increase flexibility if used appropriately after an injury.
1. Get a goodnight's sleep -" poor sleep takes a toll on everything, from your job performance to your daily chores, and especially your memory, says Dr. Adarsh kumar, internal medicine, national heart institute. Sleep is a key time for the brain to solidify the connections between neurons, thus helping us remember more of our tasks. Rule of thumb: get 7-8 hours of sleep everyday. And yes, naps count. Experts are of the opinion that if you do only one thing to improve your memory, getting more sleep should be it. If you have trouble sleeping fast, drink a warm cup of milk a half hour before hitting the sheets. Yes, this age-old remedy actually works. Now stop staring at the ceiling, and slip into slumber.
2. Jog your memory - literally. Exercise increases your heart rate which gets blood flowing to your brain, thus keeping your memory sharp. Running, swimming, biking - any form of exercise - for at least 30 minutes helps enlarge the hippocampus, which is regarded as the'memory center of the brain. In fact, physical activities that require hand-eye coordination or complex motor skills are particularly beneficial for brain building. If you don't have time for a full workout, squeeze in a 10-minute walk around the block in your schedule or a few jumping jacks. It's enough to reboot your brain.
3. Quit multitasking - can't find your keys? it's probably because you weren't paying attention when you put them down. When you're juggling too many things, you're bound to forget. As it turns out, the brain doesn't actually multitask. Instead, it switches focus from one thing to the other, which is why it is difficult to read a book and hold a conversation at the same time. Multitasking will slow you down, so make it a point to concentrate on the task at hand. It's crucial. Studies suggest to say it out loud" I left my keys on the dresser, etc. So the brain can process it. Your brain actually need about eight seconds to commit a piece of information to your memory, so if you're talking on the phone and carrying groceries when you put down your car keys, you're unlikely to remember where you left them.
4. Go back to your roots - ashwagandha, a go-to choice in ayurvedic medicine, is known for promoting memory since it helps prevent nerve cell damage. Dr. Ashutosh gautam, clinical operations and coordination manager at baidyanath says" ashwagandha can be taken in the form of powder or tablet. It also improves the brain's memory functions like attention and concentration, hence helping with the symptoms of parkinson's, alzheimer's and other neuro degenerative diseases. Fish oil, has also been associated with encouraging the growth of neurons and lowering the risk of dementia. Fish oil contains dha, an omega-3 fatty acid which helps improve your memory power.
5. Use mnemonic devices - mnemonic devices are tools which help you memorize in an easier format - words, lists, concepts.
Acronyms: they are basically abbreviations used a word to help you jog your memory. For example: cart can be carrots, apples, raspberries and tomatoes, which can be used to remember your grocery list.
Rhymes: if you need to remember a name, get creative" mary loves cherry" or" simon is a fireman.
Acrostics: these are life savers during exams, especially. Whenever you need to mug up a sentence, combine the initial letters and use as a memory cue. For example: how we all remembered the 9 planets during childhood" my very educated mother just showed us nine planets.
6. Get organized - if your house is in a mess, you're more likely to forget things. Jot down tasks, declutter your home and note down appointments. Set aside a particular place at home to keep your keys, and limit distractions. Live by to-do lists, keep them upto date and check off the items you've completed. Physically writing down new information actually helps reinforce it.
7. Meditation is key - according to a 2015 study from the ucla brain mapping center, the brain starts to decline in your 20s and continues to decrease both in size and volume. Meditating regularly delays cognitive decline and prevents neurodegenerative diseases like dementia, alzheimer's and parkinson's. Meditation produces a positive charge in the brain's gray matter overtime, which is important for memory, learning and self-awareness. In addition, meditation has been shown to reduce stress, which can do a number on memory.
8. Stay mentally active - note: crossword puzzles and sudoku are your new best friend. Challenge your brain, take a different route to work, learn a new language, read a section of the newspaper you usually skip, do things out of the ordinary. Stay engaged, because mentally stimulating activities help keep your brain in shape - and might even keep memory loss at bay. People who are cognitively active have better memory as they age, it's true. So quiz yourself, flex your brain and improve your memory power.
9. Balance your stress - chronic stress and depression, both contribute to memory loss and the destruction of brain cells. One of the best things you can do is to laugh. Yes, it's that simple. Laughter engaged multiple regions of the brain and simultaneously reduces stress. Social interaction also helps ward off depression and stress, so look for opportunities to get together with family, loved ones, friends and work colleagues. When you're invited to share a meal or attend an event, go!
10. Food for thought - did you know that the brain is an energy hungry organ? despite comprising only 2% of the body's weight, the brain gobbles up more than 20% of daily energy intake. So a healthy diet might be as good for your brain as it is for your overall health, and eating right may in fact be more important than you think. After all, you are what you eat. The brain demands a constant supply of glucose which is obtained from recently eaten carbohydrates like whole grains, fruits and greens. Because when the glucose level drops, it results in confused thinking. No, this does not give you the license to slurp on sugary drinks. Instead eat throughout the day to optimize brain power- not too much, not too little. Memory superfoods include antioxidant-rich, colorful fruits, green leafy vegetables and whole grains which protect your brain from harmful free radicals. Choose low-fat protein sources such as fish and drink at least 8 glasses of water daily since dehydration can lead to memory loss and confusion.
Vitamin c and b: vitamin c, found in citrus fruits, is associated with mental agility, whereas vitamin b is known to guard against age-related brain shrinkage and cognitive impairment. Load up on blackcurrants, fish, green leafy vegetables, mushrooms, peanuts, sesame seeds and eggs to rev up your brain power.
Nuts and seeds: a handful of seeds and nuts may help improve your memory power significantly. Pumpkin seeds are loaded with zinc that play a great role in sharpening your memory. Brain-shaped walnuts are a good source of omega-3 and other essential nutrients crucial for brain functioning and memory skills. Sunflower seeds are good sources of vitamin e, just sprinkle them on top of your salad to give your brain a boost. Even peanuts are packed with vitamin e, a potent antioxidant. Almonds and hazelnuts also help boost memory.
Berries: blueberries are the top source of substances called anthocyanins which are brain-boosting antioxidants. Eating blueberries daily can help combat against the onset of short term memory loss. Even strawberries, when consumed regularly can help delay age-related memory decline.
Green vegetables: broccoli, kale, collard greens, spinach - all green vegetables are full of iron, vitamin e, k and b9 (folate), and phytonutrients like vitamin c which are extremely important for brain cell development. Vitamin k is known to be helpful in cognitive enhancement and increasing mental alertness.
Avocados: enriched with vitamin e, avocados are loaded with antioxidants which help in keeping the brain healthy and alert. Creamy avocados are also associated with lowering the risk of alzheimer's.
Tomatoes: tomatoes are a good source of lycopene which acts against brain cell degeneration and aids in the maintenance and production of new brain cells.
Whole grains: whole grains are considered to be the powerhouse of energy and help you focus better. On consuming fiber-rich whole grains, energy is released in the body in the form of sugar which assists the brain in functioning properly, keeping us alert.
Fish: omega-3 fatty acids as well as dha and epa are essential for healthy brain functioning as well as for healthy brain neurons. Include salmon, mackerel, tuna and other fish in your diet. Vegetarian? you can substitute with soybean oil and flaxseed oil.
Red wine: resveratrol, a powerful antioxidant, predominantly present in red wine protects against cell damage and alzheimer's disease. So, consuming a glass of red wine a day may actually keep memory loss at bay.
Hey. I had sex on 31dec. Took an morning after pill immediately. On 7th Jan had some spotting. Doctor prescribed norethisterone for 5 days. Had spotting on 17th Jan again. Does it mean I'm pregnant?
I am 25 year old boy. Day 1 sunday -In morning, gave oral to my gf for the first time and had unprotected sex as well (i know her very well from past 1 year and she is perfectly fine) Same day - Met a stranger girl and did a bit of rough fingering to her and noticed some blood on my finger. No intercourse hapened Day 2 mon- but having fever .
My wife had her mensuration cycle over in wednesday. On thursday afternoon we had sex n I accidentally inserted my sperms into her, she went n peed right away n told that very little blood came out. Late that night we again had sex n I again accidentally inserted my sperms into her. She again went n peed right away telling that the sperm was out. Early morning on sunday she took unwanted 72 empty stomach, (from the 65th hour of first sex ). Its been monday today n so is there any possibility of her getting pregnant.
We all know that tobacco contributes to lung and heart disease, but many people don’t realize that it seriously affects sexual health as well. Smoking damages the arteries affecting blood flow to the genitals, and it leads to a loss of desire and arousal in both men and women. In terms of alcohol consumption, most of us know that having a drink or two before sex may help us relax and ease our inhibitions. But high levels of consumption can also result in sexual dysfunction. From causing the loss of erections to preventing your ability to get or stay aroused, alcohol disables the natural sexual response of the autonomic nervous system. Other chemical substances, like marijuana and cocaine, also have known links to low sex drive and sexual dysfunction.