Find numerous ENT Specialists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find ENT Specialists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find ENT Specialists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment of Tonsils (Tonsillitis)
Hearing Aid Fitting
Treatment of Throat and Voice Problems
Earlobe Repair Procedure
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Nose Reshaping Procedure
Hearing Testing Techniques
Nasal And Sinus Allergy Care
Cochlear Implant Procedure
Ear Micro Surgery
Treatment Of Hearing Deficiency
Submit a review for Dr. KheedikrYour feedback matters!
I have a problem of sneezing I the morning right after waking up in the morning from almost 6 months. As soon as I open my eyes in the morning sneezes are started back to back 14-16. I suspect I have some kind of allergy but I don't know why it happens only in the morning. Kindly let me know if I need to visit a physician or need some kind of tests done.
I am 35 years old and my report of nasal drainage for fungal culture report shows aspergillus species found in culture. Sir is this any infection or not?
I have sinus allergy for many years. From last few days, my ear is aching a lot and itching and irritation persisted. Please suggest any medicine for curing allergy and itching in ears.
Irritation in right ear due to sound ,right side head pain ,pressure on eyes are they co-related Reply soon.
My mother is 47 years old. She has snoring problem. She snores loudly when asleep. And her throat and mouth becomes dry often when she is asleep. She tested for thyroid and blood sugar but everything is normal. She has blood pressure problem from last twenty years. She opted for homeopathic treatment for a long time but nothing happened. Doctor suggest something.
Enter questions for me I am 20 year old boy having running nose at least 2 times a month. Give me some step to stop this.
Mene nose me left side ke jo hole hai wo bahut chota hai jis wajah se saans lene me problem hoti hai.
I am suffering frm ear pain frm 1 week. It seems that some small wound/boil had emerged inside ear which pain on touch the ear. I am using ear drop otocin-o which is not much of relevant. Please suggest what to do. Is it serious that I should consult an ENT specialist or it will disappear by its own.
I am suffering from vertigo since last 4 months the reason being not yet figured out.Usually I feel good when I wake up with nothing at all but as they day proceeds the vertigo increases. Sometimes I feel fullness in my ears with a sensation of closed ears while speaking.I am also having a choked nose since then.I am not into any medication for this since the problem is not yet figured out.
I have damaged eardrums and have some sound in my ear all the time. Is there any solution to cure my ear pain and plenty of sounds inside the ear.
The tonsils are soft tissue masses which are located at the back of your throat, usually at the pharynx. The tonsils are masses which are part of the lymphatic system that helps fight infections. However, tonsils can themselves become inflamed and cause a lot of pain. Tonsillectomy is a procedure to remove the tonsils and relieve pain.
Why is tonsillectomy performed?
A few decades back, tonsillectomy was a routine surgery performed to relieve any pain within the tonsils. This method of treatment however has changed over the past few decades as pain medications for inflammation have improved vastly. However, tonsillitis is still performed in many cases wherein it tends to cause acute problems. Some of the cases it is applicable in are:
- Chronic bad breath problems caused by recurrent inflammation of the tonsils
- Recurrent sore throats caused by tonsillitis
- It is also done along with dental surgery for correcting teeth with imperfect positioning
- Abscess formation in the mouth
- Upper airway being obstructed due to inflammation, thus causing difficulty with sleeping, snoring, or causing sleep apnea (irregular breathing during sleep)
- Ear infections being regularly caused by inflammation of the tonsils
Other reasons why it may be recommended
Tonsillectomy may be also be recommended when there are no indications of problems but tonsillitis and other infections keep cropping up too regularly. This affects children and can make them sick or keep them in pain regularly. Some of these other indications are mentioned below:
- Tonsil infections and inflammations happening too frequently within a year
- Tonsillitis is caused by bacterial infection wherein the antibiotics aren’t effective
- Formation of pus in the form of an abscess within or around the tonsils which keep forming even after repeated drainage or administering antibiotics
Possible complications and risks
Like any other form of surgery, tonsillectomy has certain risks associated with it as well. However, these are very rare. Some of these risks and complications are mentioned as follows –
- Swelling of the mouth: The tongue and the soft palate or the roof of the mouth may swell, resulting in breathing difficulties an few hours after the surgery.
- Infection: As is the case with any surgery, infections may occur in rare cases, which may require further treatment.
- Adverse reactions to anesthetics: Many patients exhibit an adverse reaction to anesthetics and may develop symptoms such as a headache, nausea, muscle soreness and frequent vomiting.
- Bleeding during surgery or healing: Although it is rare, bleeding during and after surgery has been reported after all sorts of procedures and it may occur with tonsillectomy as well. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ENT specialist.