Find numerous Cardiologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Cardiologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cardiologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Balloon Angioplasty Procedure
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Holistic Heart Wellness & Health Care - Ayurveda
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Treatment of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart Att
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Preventing Stent Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. Khatija ChalwalaYour feedback matters!
I am 48 years old. I am a little bit fat. I will do so much work. I am house wife real estate agent. I have so much stress and I have diabetes a few days onwards my left knee is hurting and sometimes my heart is palpitating. Is it because of stress. Is it normal. Please help me.
Does eating more than 2 eggs with yoke increase the risk of high cholesterol? Those who do heavy weight training, need more protein, so how many eggs should they have in a day?
After a very normal stress test last year, the 2D Echo shows mild pulmonary arterial hypertension!I have absolutely no symptoms, am very active physically, just mildly allergic. How can this be possible? The cardiologist cum PH specialist says there is nothing to worry about the echo readings. What do I do?
Doctor I sometime feel pain in my chest. When we eat some oily food like puri. So My BP is little bit high I.e 90 to 135. So I want to knw wht was the reason for pain. Pliz advice.
Hi I am 2 mnth 6 days pregnant when I scan on 9 th it doesn't shown heartbeat some Dr. said to abort some said to wait and scan on 24 th I am confused what to do there is a chance kya that In next scan heartbeat can b detected. My periods are not regular. Pls help me.
Weather discontinuation of atorvistatin and aspirin tabs (which were advised by cardiologist) lead to develop any unwanted problems?
Non evasive method of getting your heart bolckage checked for perfect results ? Please do not suggest angiography.
Can a chronic anxiety cause heart problem or heart failure? I want to know the details pls to avoid it.
My husband died bec sudden cardiac arrest. May I know the reason as he was not having any heart problem and he was just 35.
They don't spend time with family and friends;
Don't exercise enough; don't eat right;
Don't sleep properly.
All these things reduce stress in your life, and that is critical to your health and longevity.
At age 28, when I randomly went for a health check up. I was bit surprised and shocked. My BP was on a higher side. 160+ / 84+ Doctor advised me for a detailed investigation/diagnosis of it frm a specialty hospital. My question here is what are the reason to have such BP at dis age ? I don't have any major health issues till now. What do I need to control this from now on ? What diet should I follow and does over masturbation (5-6 times a week) cause this BP to b always on higher side? Please advise.
I have low blood pressure for almost 30 days consulted a doctor earlier but did not help a lot please help me.
I had chest pain on left side all reports are normal ecg ech 2d doctor said my veins are week what kind of food I have to take.
I'm 27 years old I feel pain in right side of the chest. Why it is happening soo? It also a pricking pain, usually pain is on upper and lower chest above abdomen.
Hello doctors, I am 3o year male. From last night. I feel some pain when I pass chest bone right side. please tell me what is the reason please suggest me what should I do.
I am 22. My Blood Pressure has risen to 140/80. What could be the reason for this in such an early age? And is this normal?
High blood pressure is a condition which occurs when the pressure of the blood flow through the arteries increases, resulting in intense pressure. Hypertension occurs when the systolic pressure (pressure at which the heart pumps blood) and the diastolic pressure (pressure at which the heart relaxes) is more than 140 and 90 respectively.
Symptoms of high blood pressure are:
- Shortness of breath: If you have high blood pressure, then you may experience regular shortness of breath.
- Headaches: You may experience headaches on a regular basis.
- Weakness of the heart muscles: Hypertension results in a weak heart which may not be able to pump blood properly.
- Narrowing of blood vessels: Narrowing of blood vessels may lead to other complications such as failure of the kidneys, heart and brain.
- Vision problems: It may lead to vision problems as blood vessels in the eye may be affected.
The various causes of blood pressure are:
- Tobacco: If you smoke on a regular basis, you put yourself at an increased risk of getting affected by blood pressure.
- Lifestyle: Not exercising regularly, eating a sodium rich diet are all factors which can increase the chances of hypertension.
- Age: The chances of getting affected by hypertension increase as you age.
- Weight: Being excessively obese also increases your risk of getting affected by hypertension.
- Diabetes: Being diabetic makes you more prone to getting affected by diabetes.
- Hyperthyroidism: If you have an overactive thyroid gland, then it may result in hypertension.
Hypertension may result in various health complications in the body such as:
- Aneurysm: This is a disorder of the blood vessels which causes the blood vessels to bulge and weaken.
- Heart attack: High blood pressure causes the arteries to harden and thicken which may lead to a heart attack.
- Metabolic syndrome: This syndrome refers to a group of complications such as high and bad cholesterol levels and insulin levels in the body.
- Impaired brain functioning: It may also impair your ability to learn and impact your cognitive skills. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult a general physician.