Find numerous Dentists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Dentists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Submit a review for Dr. Kevin DesaiYour feedback matters!
I am 23 and male my mouth smell badly even after brushing my teeth twice a day and I am feeling bad to talk with even my friends.
My question is like what we have to do if I get blood in my gums and teeth and also they smell bad because of the blood. Even I couldn't eat apple, banana etc, so, please suggest me a good solution for this. I really want that my gums get healthy and also not smelly as fast as possible. It would pleasure if you suggest me any suitable option for all this regards
I am 55 years male, I had prolonged use of antibiotics on acct of frequent and acute dental problems and surgeries / treatments. I am now suffering from Geographic tongue. There are deep cuts/ fissures on tongue. Eating little spicy foods causes burning sensation. My ENT specialist says there is no remedy for this and has prescribed two tablets, one is omeprazole to be taken daily forever. (a) Is there no treatment (b) can Change in dietary habit help (c) is the prescription correct (d) any side effects.
Am 21 years old. 4m last I can feel an tooth s develops in my rite side of my mouth nd its quite painful. Its really hard to handle it. Wat s the reason fr its appearance nd how to reduce its pain.
Hi , I am 21 year old , my jaw is not open perfectly, I chewing tobacco, so please tell me treatment.
Hello, Mujhe 2 years se Plunging Ranula hai and it is increasing fastly under my throat and mouth. Maine bahot sare doctors se consult kiya hai par sabhi ek hi baat bol rahe hai ki mujhe operation se ranula nikalvana padege. But I am afraid ki operation se mere face me koi kharabi naa aa jaye. So please tell me is there any natural way to cure ranula?
I have teeth problem like Smell and One of the teeth is damaged.And what type of toothpaste used by these problems and give me suggestions what i will do ?
I'm a 23 year old male and I'm having pain in my gum since yesterday. While it may be wisdom tooth, should I consult a doctor?
Hello Doctor, is it ok for me to let the wisdom tooth come out through my gum. I noticed last year in august that it is coming out through my gum. I don't know why it is taking so much time to properly come out like the actual teeth. 50% is still left to come out and the way I touch it through my tongue I feel that it will come out by next month. I felt the symptoms of mostly fever, cold and cough when it was on the way to come out. It will be my 29th tooth coming through the top left most corner. So please I need some good advice over this.
Dental care is a part of human health which is often overlooked by a majority of the population. Teeth form a very important part of our body and not just for cosmetic reasons but for utilitarian reasons as well. It is important to maintain the health of our teeth at all times.
What is Tooth Enamel?
Tooth enamel is the tough outer covering of any teeth that is visible outside the gums. This is the layer which protects the nerve endings and is one of the strongest materials in the human body. This part of your teeth is especially susceptible to stress. While we eat, drink, chew, this is the layer that most exposed to damage and if eroded can cause permanent damage as well. Tooth enamel decay is mostly caused by a diet high in starches and sugar, excessive consumption of soft drinks, and excessive alcohol consumption, to name a few.
How can you keep your tooth enamel healthy and strong?
You can restore the health of your tooth enamel by implementing the following habits:
- Changing to a healthy diet - Changing to a low sugar diet will definitely improve the health of your enamel besides providing fewer chemicals, which are mainly responsible for tooth enamel decay.
- Using straws while consuming highly acidic drinks such a fruit juices - Straws are a great way to have highly acidic drinks like fruit juices without bothering your teeth and thus keeping enamel protected.
- Keeping the body hydrated - It is also important to keep the body hydrated to allow the formation of saliva properly. People with dry mouth often suffer from issues related to the tooth enamel and the best way to prevent it from happening this is by drinking plenty of water.
- Using a fluoride toothpaste and mouthwash - Using mouthwashes and toothpaste containing fluoride helps in building up tooth enamel as well helps in keeping teeth healthy.
Related Tip: The Chemistry between Calcium and Teeth
I lost my front teeth but now its get crowned. But the problem is I don't like the crown. The crowned teeth was so much bigger than next one. B'coz he do some crown lengthening for that teeth. Now he removed the crown last week. He asked to look for 1 Month for growing gum. Is it possible to grow gum back?
I ate an entire radish, now I have no taste in the front part of my tongue, it's been around 48 hours since this happened. What should I do?
I am suffering from mouth ulcer, frequency is very fast its come in twice a month for week or 10 days please suggest.
Some women have dental problems such as gum disease and tooth decay, during pregnancy. The increase of hormones during pregnancy can affect the response of the body to plaque, which is the layer of germs on the teeth.
It is not true that the teeth are automatically damaged due to pregnancy. In case the calcium intake of the mother during pregnancy is not enough, the bones provide the growing baby with the calcium that it needs. When the breastfeeding is stopped, the calcium is replenished quickly. Nonetheless, the high demands of pregnancy can prompt specific dental issues in a few females. With professional help and appropriate cleanliness at home from your dental specialist, your teeth ought to stay healthy during pregnancy.
It is possible that a dental disease might affect a developing baby. Premature births have a risk of developing health problems such as cerebral palsy and issues with hearing and eyesight. Research has shown that around 20% of all premature births might be caused due to periodontal disease. It is an infection of the gums which is chronic in nature. The risk of premature birth can be reduced by providing the expectant mother with the required dental treatment.
Some of the common causes of dental problems which occur during pregnancy include:
1. Gum Problems: Women become vulnerable to gum problems due to hormones which are associated with pregnancy. These include gingivitis, pyogenic granuloma or pregnancy epulis and untreated or undiagnosed periodontal disease.
2. Vomiting: The ring of muscles which are used for keeping the food inside the stomach are softened due to vomiting. Vomiting or gastric reflux, which is associated with morning sickness, causes the teeth to be coated with strong acids.
3. Retching: Provocation of retching is caused in pregnant women while they brush their teeth, especially the molars. Not brushing the teeth regularly can cause tooth decay.
Things to remember:
- The demands of pregnancy can lead to particular dental problems in some women.
- You are less likely to have dental problems during pregnancy if you already have good oral hygiene habits.
- With proper dental hygiene at home and professional help from your dentist, your teeth should stay healthy during pregnancy.