Find numerous Dermatologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Dermatologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dermatologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Laser Hair Removal
Mole Removal Procedure
Skin Care Treatment
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Skin Diseases Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Wart Removal Technique
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Stretch Marks Treatment
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Kethan ShahYour feedback matters!
My papa is having pain on back on both sides of backbone they are feeling that pimple is their but it is not seen, some red boils like also happened on the back, totally back and stomach is paining a lot, my papa was in army and now in police. please suggest.?
Chemical peeling is a skin treatment which involves the peeling of the old skin and its replacement by a new layer of skin. It is generally done on the face, neck or arms and the process involves the application of a chemical solution over the skin in order to improve the overall appearance. The chemical peeling process is generally used to treat common skin disorders like - acne, wrinkles, scars, and such others.
The chemical peeling process is mostly used to treat skin ailments in general. Some of the most common uses of a chemical peeling are as follows:
- Reducing fine lines on the face
- Curing and preventing certain types of acne
- Removing light to mild scars
- Treating wrinkles on the face
- Healing damages caused due to sun burns
- Reducing age spots, dark patches and freckles on the face
- Improving the softness and overall quality of skin
What should you keep in mind before opting for a chemical peel?
A chemical peel is a huge step towards the treatment of your skin, thus, you should always consult a dermatologist before actually opting for a chemical peeling process. It is a highly recommended measure because chemical peeling in some cases might not suit your skin. So, a complete skin diagnosis by a doctor helps to minimize the possible side effects related to the chemical peeling process. In general, this process is preferred in cases of people having a fair toned skin accompanied by a light hair growth. Before you get a chemical peel done, your doctor might just examine your medical history in order to stop certain medications that you are taking currently. Additionally, the doctor might also prescribe you certain medications, such as Retin-A, Renova, or glycolic acid to boost up the peeling process. The doctor may also prescribe antibiotics or antiviral drugs to ensure that the process is not having any side effects.
How is it actually done?
Chemical peels are usually done after a proper cleansing of the skin and then choosing the appropriate type of peel to suit your skin type. After cleansing of the skin the doctor usually applies a chemical solution such as glycolic acid, trichloroacetic acid, salicylic acid, lactic acid, or carbolic acid (phenol) - to small areas of your skin. The peeling process usually lasts for a few minutes and the chemical helps in making controlled wounds on the skin in order to damage the old skin and allow the new skin to grow.
Related Tip: 5 Foods for Great-looking Skin?
I have acne problem. Consulted a dermatologist. He prescribed clear gel and momestone furate cream. Result was visible. But once I stopped using it I'm getting small small acne all over the face. It's itchy. What should I do.
Gd evng sir. Frm my childhood I have crack on my leg and dry skin n legs. I used many ointments and ayurvedic things but it didn't work. Can you suggest me good medicine please sir.
I have black spots as well as chickenpox on my face. I used scar removal cream but didn't see any changes. What should I do?
Skin diseases occur due to a number of reasons and cause a bit of a nuisance if overlooked and ignored. While some of them is the product of hormonal imbalance, others rear their ugly head as a result of unhealthy modern lifestyle patterns. The body’s largest organ, skin is the most sensitive part of the body and is extremely susceptible to germs and infections. In youngsters, the incidence of skin diseases can be observed a lot more than in adults. This is primarily owing to their work, lifestyle and bodily changes. The most common diseases are eczema, acne, psoriasis, pruritus, and rosacea. They tend to be a lot more troublesome if not treated in the first instance itself.
Since skin affections and problems are predominantly local manifestations of any type of constitutional affection, they are in the most natural cases, the result of the body’s mechanism to get rid of a problem in the system. Homeopathic remedies therefore aim at abetting in this otherwise natural phenomenon, and with it, chalk out the dangers of suppression due to external applications. The most common homeopathic treatments are:
- Graphites serve as the magical solution to a number of skin problems. It essentially battles scruffy eruptions that manifest on the scalp, bends of joint, face, and in between your fingers.
- Thuja is another important remedy for age spots, acne, and warts. It prevents the incidence of soreness, burning, and itching on the skin. Its antibacterial characteristics effectively cure acne and blackheads.
- Rhus Tox is the most commonly prescribed remedy for Eczema. It particular, the effects of Rhus Tox are targeted towards the symptoms of swelling and itching.
- Arsenicum provides absolute relief against psoriasis and dry eczema, curbing rough and dry skin in children. In fact, it also drastically reduces swelling, skin eruptions, burning, itching, and scaly skin.
- Hepar Sulphur is often regarded as the best treatment in homeopathy. Signs of soreness, burning, and irritation are instantly relieved with the usage of Hepar Sulphur. Most symptoms of psoriasis and eczema can be effectively treated with it.
The basic idea at combating skin problems is to detect the signs at an early stage itself and provide adequate clinical attention to them. A homeopathy doctor must be consulted in the first place to ascertain the cause of the disease and circle on the most effectual treatments especially designed for it.
I'm 26 years old male, suffering from scrotum itching problem from last 2 years. I consult with many dermatologist and use many medicine as well as many ointment. But my problem is not cure permanently. Please suggest me some homeopathy medicine and ointment (if necessary) for permanent relief. I shall be highly grateful if you suggest me some permanent relief solutions. With warm regards,
Hi. I am really worried about growth of my beard. It is patchy and very very slow . Is there anything I can do about it. Please help.
I am 22 years old female. I have dark lips and dark mouth area. I tried all home made remedies. Nothing worked. What should I do now.
Skin itching, when I am using levocetirizine tablet one day relief then next day same itching please give the solution.
I met with an accident near about 2 years ago everything is fine but just it left the scars on my both hands what to do to get rid from this scars as it looks so bad.
My face is not clear with small moles and brown spots. One dermatologist assisted me with EGA cream, can you please help me if this useful or how can I get rid of those moles and how can I get a clear and transparent kin on my face. Also advise me what all I have to do to get the clear skin Thank you.
I have black sports as well as pimples on my face. I already used medicine for it during 4 month but something not happen. What I should?
My hair loss more then 100 per day I need to reduce my problem please help me identify solutions for my hair.
Acne, also known as pimples, is a skin disorder caused due to inflammation in the skin's hair follicles and sebaceous glands. Acne may also cause permanent scars on your skin. It usually occurs in teenagers going through puberty due to the production of high levels of hormone that clog pores. Many women also get premenstrual acne which, as the name suggests, are caused after ovulation due to excessive release of progesterone. Most pimples are found on the face, shoulders, back, chest and neck. Apart from hormones, pimples are also caused due to genes, amassing of dead skin cells, bacteria, birth control pills, certain medications, greasy medication and so on. Although acnes do not pose a serious risk to your health, it may cause scars and look displeasing. There are many different types of acne such as acne vulgaris, baby acne, acne rosacea, acne cosmetic, chloracne, acne medicamentosa, etc.
Homeopathy and Acne:
Since the causes of acne in people vary from person to person, homeopathy treatment for acne is one of the best options as the remedy for acne is individualized to the person. Homeopathy has a great success rate when it comes to removing pimples and eliminating the chances of reoccurrence. Homeopaths prescribe the treatments depending on the symptoms. Mentioned below are a few homeopathic treatments for acne.
- Sulphur: Sulphur is the most common homeopathic treatment for acne, especially if the skin condition is chronic. Apart from clearing your acne and giving you a glowing skin, sulphur also helps to remove your tendency to develop acne. It clears acne within a few months. Sulphur is usually the first choice because it treats almost all types of acne.
- Hepar Sulph: Pustular acne is the type of acne which is painful to touch and contains pus. They bleed easily and are very sensitive; usually forming a cluster on the forehead with discharges.
- Calcarea Sulph: Calcarea Sulph is used to treat severe cystic acne. This acne persists for weeks and heals at a very slow pace, following which, a creamy and yellowish pus is drained. These types of pimples are mainly found on the face, near the hairline as well as ears. Calcarea sulph is a very effective treatment.