Find numerous Dermatologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Dermatologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dermatologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Chemical Peels Treatment
Derma Roller Treatment
Hair Mesotherapy Treatment
Nail Surgery Procedures
Restylane Vital Procedure
Vampire Face Lift Procedures
Facial Rejuvenation Treatment
Hair Restoration Techniques
Line And Wrinkle Smoothing Procedures
Mole Removal Procedure
Mole Removal Surgery
Skin Polishing Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Kethan ShahYour feedback matters!
What are the reason of hair loss (i know about dandruff is big reason) and joint pain (in every finger joint also, not shoulder and knee) Plzzz tell me what should I do.
Sir I am 22 year old & suffering a problem of greying of hairs. They are hiking very rapidly. As currently I am bald that's why I wore a hat 2-3 hors a day while going outside. Is this can be one of the reason? What should I do sir?
Hi I am 40 years. I am feeling itchy heels specially at night. Gets really difficult to sleep. I get pedicure once in every month. I still see crack in my heels since few days. Try using Vaseline every night. Please help.
I'm doing my degree and I'm so sad that all of my friends have a lot of moustache and they all are beard. I'm becoming a laughing stock because I have no face hair. So please prefer some medicines for facial hair growth. My skin is something rough one.
I have wheatish complexion with uneven tone, also the skin around lips is more tanned and dark, I want to improve my color tone and gt rid of uneven skin, please suggest what should I do.
I have a lot of acne and pimple in my face for more than a year. How to get rid of them completely. Please help me.
Who wouldn't want a seamless, spot free skin without having to undergo the trouble of enduring the endless assails by ointments, creams, oils and what not. Rashes, burns, abscesses, injuries, wounds, keloids and other skin traumas make the skin unsightly and rather troublesome. While skin eruptions like acnes and pimples are related to the hormonal balances in the body and the blood circulation, there are other skin blotches, which are caused due to external factors. For the formers, blood purifying medicines or palliative creams often abate the same significantly.
However, for the latter group of scars, specific treatments need to be meted out. A large variety of treatments are available for this purpose, however it is wise to first infer the nature and the source of the scar before adopting a given curative method. One practice that one needs to be mindful of is that the scars must be allowed to heal before being treated with any remedial procedures. While a large number of products and medical procedures are available for minimizing the scars, one needs to be discrete while choosing a particular product. Some of the common tactics of reducing or removing scars have been enlisted below.
- Silicone based ointments: Silicone is laden with skin healing properties and is extremely effective as an antioxidant. Thus silicone based ointments, gels or serums can prove advantageous for mitigating scars. One must use it for a prolonged period of time while at the same time taking adequate care to protect the scar from sunrays using SPF based sunscreen.
- Laser treatments: On certain occasions, one may need more than gels or creams to cure the scars. In that regard, there are a large array of surgical procedures available for grappling with specific types of skin ailments. These are most effective on indented scars. Dermal fillers, fraxels and fat grafting are skin treatment methodologies which can effectively remove scars and rejuvenate the skin.
- Letting the wounds breathe: Since a lot of wounds have an occlusive texture, piling them up with creams, oils and capsules often block the wounds and deter their healing process. Therefore, it helps to use a gentle cleanser to clean the affected area and letting air to circulate freely.
My hair is so rough n bushy like although I always apply oil before hair wash. What shall I do to have a silky n straight hair.
My hair is falling on head. Tried so many oil to prevent them but yet not prevented. Tell me what can I do.
Most women love the idea of having healthy and silky skin that feels smooth to touch. However, due to a certain reasons, some women can have excessive, unwanted hair on their chest, hands and face. The pattern is similar to what is seen in men. This can be a major psychological problem. Read on to know more about some of the common reasons for this and how it can be managed:
Common causes behind it
Hair pattern is largely determined by genetic makeup and hirsutism is often caused by genes, hormones, or medication which is another main cause is the excessive amount of testosterone in women. Conditions like obesity, polycystic ovaries disease, ovarian tumours, adrenal tumours, Cushing’s syndrome and drugs like Danazol can cause excessive androgen hormones. Women with this condition may also have a deep voice, huge breasts, enlarged clitoris, severe acne and may also suffer from hair loss. These symptoms are collectively referred to as virilisation.
Ways to control hirsutism
The treatment is aimed at removing the unwanted hair and treating the underlying cause. A combination of medications and procedures can help in removing the excessive hair.
- Weight loss: Reducing weight makes the body produce less of the male hormone, and so hirsutism is controlled.
- Female hormone replacement: Birth control pills are a good choice for women who do not want to get pregnant. They control the androgen hormone production and reduce hair growth and other characteristics.
- Anti-androgens: Spironolactone is an anti-androgen which counters the effect of testosterone; however, these have side effects and self-medication is not advisable.
- Topical creams: The face is the major area of concern and so creams like eflornithine are useful to control hair growth on the face.
Depending on the patient’s severity of the problem and expectations, the following procedural options are available. While some of these can be done at home, others might require a visit to a doctor.
- Shaving: To be done repeated as and when the growth occurs.
- Tweezing: Isolated strands of hair can be removed with a tweezer.
- Waxing: This is useful in removing hair from large areas (chest, hands, etc.)
- Bleaching creams or lotions: The hair stays in place but is lightened in colour to give it a camouflaged appearance.
- Depilatory creams, lotions, or gels: These break down the hair follicles and prevent hair growth.
- Electrolysis: A small amount of electric current is applied to the hair follicle to destroy it, thereby controlling hair growth.
- Laser hair treatment: A small beam of highly concentrated light is applied to the affected area to damage the hair follicles and control hair growth.
Hirsutism is definitely not desirable, but there are definitely ways to manage the problems and get back to having a smooth, silky skin.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.