Find numerous Cardiologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Cardiologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cardiologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Balloon Angioplasty Procedure
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Holistic Heart Wellness & Health Care - Ayurveda
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Treatment of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart Att
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Preventing Stent Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. KeshiwalaYour feedback matters!
I am 46 years old male having Green Tea without sugar and milk one cup twice daily for more than two years. Is it recommended or I will replace it by black tea? So far my knowledge is concerned that Green tea reduces the chance of cancer, especially lung cancer. Also I would like to know if it lowers blood pressure. I was suffering from hypertension and has taken Amlodipine 10 OD for 3 years. But from last year I had to stop medication as my blood pressure has come down to normal level. Is it due to consumption of Green Tea? Thanking you and waiting for your reply.
HER AGE 72, DIABIETES FROM 15 YEARS, TAKES ORAL MEDICINE SINCE 14 YEARS, RECENTLY STARTED INSULIEN 8/6 UNITS AS SUGGESTED BY DOCTOR, NOW SUFFERING FROM CHEST BURNING AND VOMITING PROBLEM CONTINUE AFTER STARTING INSULEINE, EATING AND DIGESTING IS MAIN PROBLEM. KINDLY SUGGEST.
My father aged 59 years was in good health but recently he met with an accident and has a mild fracture at ribs and back and has a minor problem with sugar level and Bp. He fainted twice due to sugar level or bp though he is a sugar patient ,he has no bp so far. While examining doctor has advised him Glimisave m2 for sugar, before he was taking glimi 2 (m2) and for bp doctor has given tab telma 20 and for cholesterol tab Tonact D (10. Is it ok to take cholesterol tablet? He don't have cholesterol problem. Do not know why doctor has advised him cholesterol tablet. Is it necessary to take that tablet? Please advice us. Thank you.
I am 19 years female. I having pain in my right chest. What are reasons of the pain. Please let me know.
Hii. I am 24 year old female. My problem is whenever I walk little fast I feel pain and tightness n my chest and pain in my lower back also with lightheadedness I fear it could be angina or any other heart disease. Please suggest me what should I do.
मेरे अंकल को लास्ट वीक हार्ट अटेक आया ह डा.ने बताया की बाईपास करना पड़ेगा सर उनकी मेन बेसल्स में कोई भी ब्लोकेज नहीं है please heLP me what should I do?
She is house wife but last 2 years her stomach was increasing too much and any time she fell very tired she try to do exercise but her heart pain and she can't what to do to weigh lose?
Hello doctor, my friend HB is 12.4. So he take merifor plus syrup, that syrup create stool dark blackness. What is solution for this side effect. Please tell me.
There are different types of heart problems like coronary artery disease, congenital heart failure and cardiomyopathy, but their warning signs are the same i.e. shortness of breath. This is the reason why shortness of breath should never be taken lightly and should always be investigated for heart diseases.
Why does shortness of breath happen?
You may not be able to get in enough air while experiencing shortness of breath. Known medically as dyspnea, shortness of breath is often described as an intense tightening in the chest and a feeling of suffocation. This is one of the most frightening conditions experienced by a patient. You can experience dyspnea without any serious medical problems in these conditions
- After strenuous exercise
- In extreme temperatures
- Due to obesity and
- In high altitudes
But if you are not in any of these conditions, then shortness of breath is a sign of a serious medical problem usually involving your heart or lungs. These two vital organs transport oxygen to the rest of your body and remove carbon dioxide; hence problems with either of these organs can affect your breathing. Shortness of breath that comes on suddenly called acute, can be due to other causes too like:
- Excess fluid around the heart
- Low BP
- Heart failure
- Blood clot in an artery in the lung
- Collapsed lung
If you have had shortness of breath that has lasted for weeks, then we call it chronic and its causes can be various diseases of the heart apart from asthma and COPD. There is no doubt that your heart may be in trouble, if you have chronic shortness of breath. You may be suffering from these heart conditions:
- Cardiomyopathy or problems with the heart muscle cause symptoms like shortness of breath after physical exertion as well as fatigue, and swelling of legs and abdomen. Patients suffering from cardiomyopathy are at risk of sudden death due to cardiac arrest.
- Heart arrhythmias is also called irregular heartbeat, and can cause slow or fast heartbeats. These also have symptoms like shortness of breath. Arrhythmias can cause strokes, heart failure and cardiac arrest.
- Heart failure occurs when the heart is unable to pump blood efficiently to meet the needs of the body. This is a potentially fatal condition. One of the most common symptom is shortness of breath with exercise and while lying down. Fatigue is another common symptom.
- Pericarditis or swelling of membranes around the heart is also characterised by shortness of breath.
Treatment of breathlessness can start after you are referred to a heart specialist for further tests to confirm the likely cause.
In today’s time, modern lifestyle certainly has made a living a lot simpler, but it has also invited early death rate.
What does study say?
As per the data made by the National Healthcare Center, it has been found out that over the past few years, the number of death rates is increasing due to heart attack and the prime reason for the same is stress and an unhealthy diet. Often we tend to search online for what things can be done to prevent such early death due to a heart attack. In that case, you have to make up your mind and ensure that the diet regimen, workout session and changes in lifestyle are followed in the right manner.
Preventive measures to reduce risk of a heart attack:
It does not matter what is your current age, looking at the changes that a human is going through with the lifestyle there is no doubt that even young people are prone to this problem.
Here are some important tips that can help you from a heart attack.
- A healthy diet is the best option: Avoid eating junk food, cholesterol based food, or the do no drink much as these slowly reduce your life quality. Cholesterol based or high-fat food increases the risk of heart attack. Junk food is all about taste, and there is nothing healthy included in it. Instead switch to healthy diet plan rich in fibre, vitamins, and minerals that can regulate the body. Choosing healthy meat with the leanest cuts and restricting down the sugar intake will have a good impact on your overall health.
- Workout is another answer for All Your Problem: It is always better that you are physically active so that you can keep the heart rate at a good speed. This will speed up metabolism rate, burn unnecessary calories, and increase the rate of your heart so that you can lose weight at the same time stay active. Besides, physical activities like aerobics and swimming are some high-intensity workout that reduces the risk of heart attack to a great extent. Right from kids to adults above 60 years of age should perform a workout of at least 30 minutes even a walk is fine, but staying physically active is extremely important.
These are just some of the tips that can help you improve your quality of life. Your doctor is your life saver. He is the one who can guide you at every step and help you understand the right way to stay fit and healthy in the long run. Instead of just ignoring the symptoms, if you notice any make sure you speak with your doctor about the same and take necessary preventive measures as advised.