Find numerous Orthopedists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Orthopedists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Submit a review for Dr. Kekoo M. KavaranaYour feedback matters!
I am 45yrs old male since last 5/6 months I am feeling numbness on my right arm' s three finger. It d' nt pain but feel uncomfortable. What is this? I don' t understand please suggest me.
Hi I'm 20 years old. I have been suffering from back pain for about 1 year. There is a small node on the left side of my lower back. It can't be seen but it can be felt.
I have neck ache since last 2 and a half year and I use to take naprosyn 500 so what to do to cure it.
My mom is having back pain from so long time doctors are unable to cure they say that disc is damaged in her back. And she is having thyroid due to which she gained weight in small time. She is having back pain from 3 years. Its difficult for her to stand while sitting and picking anything from ground and sitting in ground her age is about 44 yrs. Please help!
My father has 79 years he is suffering from vomiting and loose motion also feels muscular pain from one day. suggest medicine.
I am treated for a fracture for an accident on 30.03.2016 for lower end of fibula and and now I am able to walk normally but swelling appears at the end of day on lower part ankle but goes with sleep in night .How to deal with same.
My daughter is 17 year old and observed that both the foot near ankle area heavy swelling especially more in the months April and may. Kindly advice necessary diagnostic tests and remedy with details.
Dear sir, I am 69 years old male person suffering through acute pain on back, diagnosed as spondylitis in mri and also having persistent pain, tiredness and weakness in both legs, so morning walk is not possible and walking on foot for the distance like 200-300 meters is not easy for me. I also having cervical spondylitis for last 25-30 years, feeling slight pain on neck, shoulders and both arms. It is also difficult for me to have a good sleep in night or to lay down on back during rest in day time. However life is going on. I am not taking pain killers but taking gabapentin - 600 my mri report dt. 25/11/2014 read as under: 1. Vertebral bodies are osteoporosis. 2. Grade - I spondylolisthesis noted at l4 over l5 with anterolisthesis of l4 related to l5.3. Cord is low lying and terminating at l3-l4 level. 4. Diffuse posture-lateral disc protrusion at l4/l5 inter-vertebral level indenting the thecal sac, narrowing it with bilateral nerve roots compression. 5. Mid disc bulge noted at l5/s1 inter-vertebral level indenting the thecal sac & narrowing it. 6. Marked degenerative changes noted in form of disc desiccation & marginal osteophytes formation at various corners of lumbar vertebra. My question is there any remedy / treatment for my problem at your institute? are you sure or can you assure me for a perfect treatment to lead normal life, is my problem curable for certain? if yes, then who is the expert doctor to solve my problem, can you suggest me the name of doctor? hope to hear some positive answer soon. Kind regards,
Hi, I have pain on the top of the left foot for about 2 weeks on walking and when I touch that area but not on rest. I have flat feet. I used pain gel and wrapped it, which helped but again it started on walking. Please suggest.
I am 20 year old and my left hand fracture when I was 12 year old. I started gym last 3 days and I feel little bit pain in joint part of elbow than the other hand. So I should take calcium tablet or any other medicines please suggest me.
Psoriasis is a non-contagious common skin condition that causes rapid skin cell reproduction resulting in red, dry patches of thickened skin. The dry flakes and skin scales are thought to result from the rapid buildup of skin cells. Psoriasis commonly affects the skin of the elbows, knees, and scalp.
Psoriasis can be caused by a variety of reasons. Heredity can be crucial. If one parent is affected, then there is 15% of chances for the child to suffer from psoriasis. If both the parents are affected then the possibility of child getting the psoriasis is 60%. Consumption of opposite foods (such as fish and milk together), trauma on skin like cuts, bruises or burns, some medicines or skin irritants, excessive smoking, alcohol consumption and mental stress or psychological trauma can also be responsible for causing it.
- Loose silvery scales
- Itching or burning skin
- Raised pus-filled skin bumps
- Skin redness around pustules
- Restricted joint motion
- Emotional distress
- Skin pain and inflammation
- Skin blisters
- Dry skin patches
- Bleeding skin patches
According to Ayurveda, Psoriasis appears due to imbalance of two doshas - Vata and Kapha . Vata and Kapha doshas manifest in the skin and cause accumulation of toxins. These toxins accumulate in deep tissues like rasa (nutrient plasma), rakta (blood), mansa (muscles), and lasika (lymphatic). These toxins cause contamination of deeper tissues, leading to Psoriasis.
Purification of blood and tissues is the primary aim of Ayurvedic treatment in cases of Psoriasis. Toxins are cleansed from the body and the digestion restored to prevent further accumulation. Nourishing herbs are then administered to strengthen and tone the tissues to promote complete healing of the skin.
Diet & Lifestyle Advice
- Avoid consuming opposite foods.
- Do not control natural urges like vomiting, urination, bowels, etc.
- Do not take cold water bath immediately after a heavy workout, traveling, a long walk, etc.
- Take care not to consume foods which cause indigestion.
- Absolutely do not eat too much of salty, sour or acidic foods.
- Avoid sleeping in afternoons.
- Say no to radish, sesame, jaggery (gur), curds, fish and other sour foods.
- Cover the affected part with a fresh thin banana leaf.
- Take 15-20 sesame seeds and soak in a glass of water. Keep it overnight and drink on an empty stomach early in the morning.
- Take 1-2 cup of bitter gourd juice on empty stomach in the morning. Continue this for 5-6 months. Patient may add a tablespoon of lime juice, if they find it difficult to digest the bitter taste.
The knee is one of the largest and most important joints of our body. It is also susceptible to wear and tear as well as injuries. Knee pain can occur due to a variety of reasons starting from conditions like arthritis and osteoporosis as well as injuries that can affect the ligaments, the joint, the menisci and femur. These are the various parts of the knees, which can suffer from degeneration or even injuries. The best way to combat chronic knee pain is through rest, ice compress and with the help of pain relieving and anti-inflammatory medication.
While rest and ice compress for chronic knee pain and pain relieving and anti-inflammatory medication are the best ways to combat knee pain, orthopaedics also recommend the use of various strengthening exercises which can alleviate knee pain. Here are a few of the best ones!
- The Towel Hook: Lie down flat on your back and raise one leg, Hook a towel under the foot and press it against the towel as you pull both ends downwards, creating slight pressure. This can be done for a few seconds at a time. Remember to do this at least ten times for each foot and increase gradually. This exercise helps in strengthening your entire leg from the calf to the knee and even the thighs so that the pain subsides.
- Towel Roll: In towel roll exercise, after pushing knee, should do dorsiflexion and hold for 20 seconds.. Hamstring exercises are also given by placing roll towel under your feet, push down, dorsiflexion and hold for 20 seconds Adductor exercises are also given by placing small ball between your legs just above the knee joint, press and hold for 20seconds.
- Swing: For this exercise, you will need to sit down on a chair. Now take one leg and swing it up until it is in line with your hip. Hold it out like this before you slowly bring it down again. Do this at least twenty to thirty times for each leg and gradually increase the frequency and the number of seconds for which you hold the knee. This will also help in pain management.
- Knee Marches: You can also do knee marches by sitting down on a chair. You will need to march each knee up and down at least twenty to thirty times. You will need to do this for a few minutes every day and you can easily do it twice a day even when you are at work, sitting in front of a desk. You must ensure that your posture is straight and upright for this exercise. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Physiotherapist.