Find numerous Psychiatrists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Sex Addiction Counselling
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Quit Smoking Techniques
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Memory Improvement Techniques
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Psychological Diagnosis (Adult And Child)
Submit a review for Dr. KeerthikYour feedback matters!
I am getting sex thoughts every day if I have seen a lady who seems sexy and I am unable to control. Please help.
My father has depressed from home problems. He always stays on bed nd have only one work to do mean thinking all time. Even at night he thinks negative. He thinks negative in all talk. Or work. He is also a heart patient. What should to do. Please recommend some medicine to calm down his mind.
Im a smoker. I smoke twice in a day! is it really dangerous to my health. If so. Hw mch cigarette should I? In a day.
Sir I am 47 year old I am suffiring with bipolar disorder from last 10-12 year now a days I am in depressive mode please tell me medicion regards.
My father has a very bad habit of chewing tobacco. He is of 50 years old. He chews around 25-30 packets daily. Please suggest me how to get him out of this bad habit ?
I am 25 years old boy . I am heavily emotional and sensitive type don't speak too much with others and at the same time I will quickly get angry within 5 sec even for small matters and later feel regret and start crying for the issues . Where I need to consult a psychiatrist for the anger management or I will get cure by medicines.
I am studying in kota from last year and I am very depress when I can't solve the question then my headache take place and I did not understand any thing please.
I have lost my best friend this january I want to know what problem he have please help me I very depressed.
Should be done by a diabetic to control the cholesterol and more danger for diabetic compared with common a man. And without eating fat foods also cholesterol will increase. And how much alcohol pegs should be drunk.
Patient is 30 year old qualified as B Tech and MBA but never attended campus placement interview because of either extreme reserve nature or social phobia. Did take up a job himself but left after few months and now does not want to do job. Last 4 years staying at home not interacting with outsiders. Only eating, sleeping and seeing mobile videos, songs etc. Of late has started talking to himself when alone but avoids talking in front of immediate family members. Does not care about personal hygiene, memory and logical thinking intact. Is he suffering from mental problem. If so whats treatment can be suggested.
A panic attack can start suddenly and may be caused due a variety of reasons. A patient of depression and anxiety usually goes through such attacks. The symptoms of these attacks include sudden and persistent fear, the feeling of losing control, the feeling of having a heart attack, palpitations, sweating, dizzy spells and more. It has been medically proven that most adults go through at least one or more panic attacks in their lifetime.
Here are a few ways in which one can stop a panic attack.
- Recognise the signs: Take note of the symptoms. From a feeling of choking to detachment, losing control, surreal experiences, dizzy spells, nausea, pain in the abdomen and chills, to tremors, and a fear of facing death, there are many symptoms that can put your body in a fight or flight response where things may suddenly seem terrifying, and without any reason at that.
- Breath control: Learn to control your breathing as soon as you begin to experience the symptoms. This will help in distraction even as it soothes and calms you down, thus forcing you to think rationally about the fear and helplessness that you are suddenly experiencing. Sit down with your knees bent and let your shoulders relax.
- Relaxation techniques: Learn and practice a few relaxation techniques during times like these. This may include simple things like rubbing your neck and more focused activities like talking to yourself and meditating.
- Continuation: Remember to hold your breath, let it out, and then carry on with the activity that you had set out to do. If you stop what you were doing, then the message going to your brain is loud and clear and you will panic even further. But if you relax and zone out before letting yourself go about the chore, however robotically, then it will have a positive effect on the messages that are sent to your brain.
- Medication: In the event that you are not able to fully control and relax yourself and your thoughts, then you may want to see a psychiatrist who can prescribe specific medication that will help in relaxing you. Sedatives and antidepressants may also be prescribed for patients who are going through severe episodes of panic with debilitating symptoms.
- Differentiate between stress and panic: Many times, we may feel like we are panicking, yet this may simply be a way of going through stress. It is important to focus on recognising events and reactions as stress or panic.
Not allowing yourself run away from a situation is a sure shot way of dealing with panic as this condition the brain to be more accepting and resilient.
When I smoke my heart rate increases and I feel heavy and very fatigued even after a smoke. Joints in my hand pain once I smoke. I smoke 2 to 3 cigarette s a day. I'm 27 and have been smoking for 6 years.
Hi sir. My mind is so disturbed sir, because am in a relationship ith a girl for the last 8 years, we are so closed, but now she says that she is only hav friendship ith me, she dont want to marry me, I am so upset doctor, I lose my mind control, I dont kno doctor what happened to me.
He is complaining about some chest pain and high blood pressure from yesterday. Actually he is taking stress of family and work. How can I help him beside supporting him. Also he is having quick mood swings sometimes he is good and mostly too aggressive also he is continuously say about suicide and death. I am getting too much worried. Please tell.
I have red eyes over 3 days including body pain and what should I do to avoid farts unnecessary because I have a healthy diet I don't understand why does it happens so.
I am a CA Student and I've a friend and she is also with me in CA we are students of IPCC level. She is having problem from past 15-20 days that she has got afraid from studies although she is a very good student in studies. She is saying that she could not find any reason now for doing CA and has started thinking negatively. We had tried her too motivate her and then she says she will resume in classes from tomorrow but in the morning she could not come to class and says that she is not having courage to come in class.
My girlfriend cheated with me before 3 months. After our break up i'm feeling very lonely. Can you help me?
Hi, Please suggest me best medicines for treatment of OCD sexual thoughts problem among these----- Chlorofranil 25 mg, cap prodep 25 mg, toficalm 40 mg which medicines will work fast and tell me only the list of best medicine if you know very well about this problem please tell some other medicines.
Dementia is a general classification of a brain disease that causes a long haul and frequently steady abatement in the capacity to think and recall that is sufficiently incredible to influence a man's everyday functioning. Other normal manifestations incorporate passionate issues, issues with dialect, and a lessening in motivation. An individual's awareness is not influenced. The most common example of dementia is the Alzheimer's disease.
Physiotherapy for Dementia:
A patient with dementia can benefit from physiotherapy regardless of the possibility that the patient can't perceive their own family. Physiotherapy, notwithstanding, can be of good advantage to the individual who has dementia and also their family and parental figures at different stages. The principle explanation behind this is that recovery administrations can help the dementia patient to be as utilitarian as would be prudent for whatever length of time that is conceivable. Here are 5 ways physiotherapy benefits an Alzheimer's patient:
- Physiotherapy can keep up the Alzheimer's patient's freedom and mobility as much as one could expect reasonably. A physiotherapist can outline a home activity program and work intimately with relatives to administer to the Alzheimer's patient.
- Physiotherapists, as independent experts, embrace much detailed, separately custom-made appraisals of the disorders, action confinements and restrictions imposed upon individuals with dementia.
- The caretakers of individuals with dementia regularly show weakness when contrasted with their same aged companions. Physiotherapy helps with diminishing the weight of consideration by instructing caregivers to provide encouragement and upliftment to individuals with dementia.
- Patients with dementia are always at a risk of falling down and hurting themselves. Poor balance accounts for the danger of falls. This can be worked upon and improved by physiotherapy driven exercises. Exercise can have a huge and positive effect on behavioral and mental indications of dementia, enhancing psychological capacity and mindset, which can decrease the doses of strong medicines. Special exercise routines are assigned to the patients which help improve their body balance while walking.
- Physiotherapy has crucial influence in advancing and keeping up portability of individuals with dementia. It assumes a basic part in the end of life consideration by overseeing situations, seating and complicated muscle contracture. Individuals with dementia regularly experience issues in communicating pain. Pain influences cognizance, inspiration and reaction to any intervention. Physiotherapists are specialists in recognizing and treating pain in dementia patients and give training to care home staff and caregivers of the patients.
Physiotherapy is very important for dementia patients. Regular physiotherapy sessions are beneficial for patients for improvement in condition. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a physiotherapist.