Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Keerthi VakeelYour feedback matters!
I have 35 days menstrual cycle, my first day of menses in this month is 20-09-2016. Let me know when should it intercourse to get pregnant as I tried in last 1st Sep and my last month menses date was 14th Aug. But I am failed. (age 28)
I go for ultra sound n report says G.A is 34 weeks 4 days with single loop of cord around neck. Is there any problem?
I am 14 weeks pregnant. But no symptoms. Sometimes back pain, abdomen pain. So I did use baby growth is too less. No heartbeat. But when I did hsg after 2 month baby heartbeat was 148. Doctor told genetic problem. Now hospital will do missed abortion. Future again I will get pregnancy or not.
Hello doctor I am 8 th month pregnant and my all report are normal but my alp is 110. Is that any problem please tell me what I do?
My periods date was 20th August. Till it is absent. I had done preg kit test on 24th August. It was negative. Usually my periods is very regular. Now I am suffering in white discharge and mild back pain. Should I wait for few days or check up gynecologist?
Chlamydia is a very common STI caused by bacteria. Those patients who are suffering from chlamydia usually don't see the side effects in the early stages, which makes it that much more difficult to diagnose it. Chlamydia can bring about a lot of severe problems in the later stages. These include not being able to get pregnant later or causing dangers in pregnancies. This disease is often easily spread since it shows no noticeable symptoms and can be passed on the partner very easily. 75% of the infection in women and 50% of the infections in men cannot be noticed and are without any symptoms.
Symptoms: Since the side-effects are not always visible, when they do happen, they are normally recognizable within one to three weeks of contacting and include the following:
In women these are:
- Vaginal discharge with strong odour
- Abnormal bleeding during periods
- Excruciating periods
- Stomach pain with fever
- Pain while engaging in sexual activities
- Burning around the vagina
- Pain during urination
- Cloudy discharge from the tip of the penis
- Excruciating pain while urinating
- Burning around the opening of the penis
- Swelling and pain in the testicles
Treatment: Chlamydia is easily treatable. Since it is bacterial in nature, it's treated with anti-infection agents. Following are some of the most common treatments for chlamydia in men as well as women:
1. Azithromycin is an anti-infection generally recommended in large dosage, yet the dosage may be spread out more than 5 days.
2. Doxycycline is an anti-microbial that must be taken twice every day for around one week. Your specialist may recommend different anti-infection agents.
Regardless of which antibiotic you are given, you should follow the dosage guidelines properly to ensure the infection is cured completely. This can take up to two weeks, even with the single-dosage medications.
Try not to engage in sexual relations while your treatment is going on. Unfortunately, you can get chlamydia again in case you're uncovered, regardless of the fact that you've had it and it was treated.
Women with extreme chlamydia infection may require hospitalisation, intravenous anti-microbial and painkillers. Your doctor might use a few tests to diagnose chlamydia. He or she will probably take samples from your urethra and cervix and then send it for further analysis. There are also other tests that include urine samples for presence of bacteria. Sometimes, even blood tests are taken depending upon your symptoms or in case the doctor is not able to diagnose it with previous methods and tests.
After taking the medication, individuals should get a follow-up on the treatment after three months to make certain that the disease is cured. This is highly important in case you are not sure whether your partner has been treated or not.
Yesterday night I tried to do sex with my gf. She was lying on bed ,i put my condom on and went up on her .when I started putting inside she started ignore for some time but I forcefully tries to put my penis inside but its not went inside ,only reached her wet pussy. That time my condom suddenly dropped off but I did not noticed dat and tried to put in .after few seconds I noticed .still my pennis not went inside but reached the pussy wetness .so this there any chance to get pregnancy .she is not ready to take pills. So suggest me some fruits or foods to avoid pregnancy.
Hello Dr. I am 23 years old female. My weight is 80kg frm last 2 yrs I m trying to loose weight by doing yoga, aerobic wlking n gym workout. It us very nuch hard to reduce. I have pcod due to which weight loss is difficult. Suggest any weight loss diet n excise.
Hello Madam, My wife didn't had regular periods since Feb 2014, we were married in July 2014 following which she consulted a local gynecologist who citing weakness recommended a tonic for regular periods. She had proper period till she stopped taking he tonic. Following which we consulted another doctor who suggested us to work towards becoming parents and gave ovulation injection in Feb 2016. But to her surprise the egg didn't burst bu gradually reduced in size, following which she stopped treatment and gave medicine for normal periods. During this period, we also consulted patanjali ayurvedic doctor who gave few Ayurveda medicines for normalizing period and create healthy eggs. But in september, my wife suffered heavy periods for a period of almost 20 days (we consulted doctor in between who gave medicine to stop bleeding, after which we went to govt hospital where USG was conducted and doctor informed us about PCOS and a big lump in right ovary. Doctor gave a course of overall-G for 3-months and few pain killers which stopped bleeding and regularized the periods. After 3 months USG showed that the multiple small cysts were gone but a large lump (size 60mmx54mmx62 mm) on right ovary was still their. An ultrasound conducted in Feb 16 suggested a slightly large right ovary (18 mm.) but radiologist said it is normal. Few days back we visited bansal Hospital, bhopal where sexologist and doctor diagnosed a lump in right ovary, but were unable to decide whether it is a cyst or some neoplastic? What should we do now? What is the best way to diagnose the nature of this lump in right ovary?
Hiee. M 26 years old. Pls give me some tips or guidelines for intercourse 2 get pregnant fast bcz m facing d prob 2 get conceived. Suggest sum guideline 2 follow.
Hi, Asking this question is on behalf of my friend. He recently (7 days before) had unprotected sex with his girlfriend, even then also he did not release any thing inside. And this happened after 21 days of her periods. And she has been eating papaya, pineapples and other homely items to stop it. Now they are worried of this situation and trying to take some action before anything happens. Is there any way to stop pregnancy naturally or by using pills. Please suggest. Thanks.
I am 30 year old. Married in 2011. My wife got pregnant 3 times but she lost conceive 1 or 2 month after concievness every time. Every time doctor clean her every. 1 month before I continuously had sex with her between d period from starting to end and even during d period also. But she could not conceived.
Cananbis Sativa is a hemp plant, which creates a variety of drugs including marijuana. This plant has an active ingredient known as THC that makes a person feel high upon ingestion. The compounds of this ingredient can also affect the way a person's body functions. Usually, high doses of this can cause potentially life threatening effects on the person. It is mostly ingested in the form of dried leaves, flowers, stems and seeds. People also mix it in vapourisers, or brew it as tea. It may also be baked as cookies.
While the physical side effects are many, smoking or ingesting this substance can also lead to many mental side effects. Let us find out more:
- Physical Side Effects: As per various medical studies, the inhalation or ingestion of Cannabis can take your heart rate to an increased level of two times its normal rate. This state can last up to three hours. Also, people who have had very high doses or suffer from this increased heart rate for a prolonged period may die due to a sudden cardiac arrest. Dizziness and shallow breathing are also a part of the side effects while dilated pupils and red eyes may also be seen. Further, a sudden spike in one's appetite and a dry mouth are some of the other side effects.
- Cravings: A person who has ingested Cannabis may experience many side effects that are on the mental and emotional side. The more mild side effects include the experience of cravings for certain types of food, as well as an increase in one's appetite where the person does not manage to keep track of what he or she is eating, and in what quantity. Also, sleeplessness and irritability may set in.
- Mind and Mood Changes: After Cannabis ingestion, the person may feel extremely happy or extremely sad. Either which ways, the patient will feel a sense of detachment as far as reality goes. While he or she may not be acutely aware of the same, the people around the patient will be able to sense this with the words and actions of the person. The patient may also experience a distorted sense of time and motion, while depression and anxiety may also set in with prolonged abuse of this drug. Short term memory impairment may also take place, which can lead to forgetfulness regarding important details. Also, random thinking and strange fears may begin to plague the person in question.
Sir/madam my wife is first time pregnant and she do not know what are the symptoms for delivery .what type of pain arises or som other symptoms please help her date is on 20 july.
Disabilities can occur due to injuries, infections, or old age. Whatever the reason, the person has limited movement and suffers from pain and stiffness during this period. In addition to surgery and antibiotics, occupational therapy (OT) helps the patient immensely by providing complete rehabilitation and to help recover completely. Many who do not respond well to medications have benefited from occupational therapy and have had complete functional recovery. The occupational therapist helps patients to improve and maintain skills so they can perform their daily chores on their own.
The benefits of occupational therapy are too many and would depend on the setting in which it is used:
- In the elderly: With age, general movement is reduced and OT can help improve overall movement and quality of life, thereby enabling them to lead more independent lives.
- In mentally disabled: Occupational therapists work with people with emotional and mental limitations and teach them the necessary skills to be able to perform their functions in society. This can even enable them to take up a job and lead healthy, positive relationships.
- In physically disabled: OT can help them teach to perform their chores and socialize at school and home. There is a great deal of facilitating age-appropriate social interactions, thereby improving the chances of social acceptance of the affected individual.
No matter what setting Occupational Therapy is used in, the following are definitely some benefits:
- Improves range of motion: The person undergoing OT will see better movement of the affected parts, especially in old age where some joints are more involved than others.
- Increases mobility in injured or disabled patients: Disability or injury can lead to reduced mobility and OT can significantly improve this.
- Helps the body heal naturally: The body is not being subjected to any external chemical, and only natural movements and exercises are done, which is beneficial for the person.
- May reduce or eliminate muscle spasms: Pain and disability can lead to reduced mobility, which can cause muscle spasm. OT can help reduce and in some cases completely reverse the muscles spasms that may have set in. Can be supplemented with thermal modalities and treatment to reduce pain: Adding heat packs and moist heat to the regimen will produce better results.
- Treatment is customized for the individual: Each person is different with the cause and the effect of disability. The therapist will customize the program based on the person's needs and therefore will benefit the patient.
- Can boost self-esteem and promote feeling of well-being: The mere thought of being independent gives a big moral boost to the affected person, thereby improving quality of life.
Occupational therapy forms a part of the holistic regimen and can, therefore be integrated along with physical therapy to reap benefits.