Find numerous Dermatologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Dermatologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dermatologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Laser Hair Removal
Mole Removal Procedure
Skin Care Treatment
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Skin Diseases Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Wart Removal Technique
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Stretch Marks Treatment
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Kavitha SainaniYour feedback matters!
Iam 25 years old my breast size is very low I face lot of problems and upper lip hair growth is high what is the problem how to I solve.
Loss of hair from the scalp, one of the most common problems plaguing the world today, can be caused by a variety of factors such as genetics, nutritional deficiencies and environmental factors. There are several homeopathic medicines that are used to treat hair loss. Homoeopathic treatment focus on the cause of the disease rather than just treating the symptoms.
Common reasons that can lead to hair loss are:
- Heredity factors
- Major illness like TB, Hypothyroidism, Diabetes can lead to hair fall
- Hormonal imbalance such as in case of PCOS can also lead to it
- Skin diseases of scalp such as fungal infections, eczema.
- Deficiency of vitamins and mineral
- Protein deficiency
- Severe emotional stress or grief
Hair loss can be classified as:
- Telogen effluvium: This is temporary hair thinning over the scalp that occurs because of changes in the growth cycle of hair. Many hair enter the resting phase at the same time, causing hair shedding and subsequent thinning.
- Alopecia areata: This is an autoimmune disorder where the immune cells of the body mistake the hair cells as a foreign body and start destroying them. In this pattern, the hair loss occurs in patches.
- Androgenic alopecia: Androgenic alopecia is a genetic condition that can affect both men and women. Men with this condition, is called male pattern baldness It's characterized by a receding hairline and gradual disappearance of hair from the crown and frontal scalp. Women with this condition, called female pattern baldness, don't experience noticeable thinning until their 40s or later. Women experience a general thinning over the entire scalp, with the most extensive hair loss at the crown.
The various homeopathic treatments for hair loss are:
- Fluoric acid: Medicine for hairloss in patches.
- Phosphorus: Phosphorus is another homeopathic treatment that is used to treat hair loss. It promotes hair growth in spots where hair loss has occurred.
- Kalium carbonicum: This is used for brittle and thinning of hair, as it enhances hair growth. It is usually recommended for people with various forms of alopecia.
- Lycopodium: This is prescribed for people who suffer from premature baldness and greying hair.
- Natrum mur: This homeopathic remedy is made from sodium chloride and is used to treat hair problems resulting from skin complications and in women having hair loss after childbirth. It treats dandruff and hair disorders due to hormonal imbalances.
- Sulphur: It is an excellent homeopathic remedy to treat hair loss as it promotes hair growth. It should be considered in cases of long standing skin diseases and is specially indicated for hair loss in diabetics. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Homeopath.