Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Braces
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Kaustubh GandhalikarYour feedback matters!
I am 33 years old Married woman with 2 kids. Offlate noticed that my tooth is not in proper shape. Hence decided to wear oral braces. Would like to know has wearing oral braces at this age will it work out. Or do I leave it as it is.
I smoke regularly. I have noticed nicotine marks being formed on my teeth. How to remove them easily?
I am under procedure for dental implant for my left front tooth; my root has been removed for about 3 months now. But the problem I am facing is that my right side canine tooth is still milk tooth and the permanent tooth is developed and it is there in slant position under my gums. Therefore my doctor is suspecting that the tooth will grow diagonally and will push the other tooth in outside direction which might further disturb the implant. Doctor is suggesting me to wait or remove the canine tooth and pull the permanent canine tooth properly with braces but i read on internet that the tooth sometimes get embedded in the skull and never comes out so i suspect the same with my developed canine. Kindly suggest what i should do.
One of my front tooth and one tooth beside that underwent root canal 1n half years ago. 1 week ago, while eating. Some hard thing hitted one tooth that is beside the front tooth and it is fractured now. Is it obvious or it is a result of poor root canal treatment?
Sir, I have wound in my mouth and tongue, what is the reason? Any vitamins problem This wound come monthly.
Hi, I'm 25 year old & I hv dental problem since 1 year. I m taking regular treatment but the problem still same please suggest.
I brush daily twice from last 3yrs. And apply many homemade method to keep teeth white. But my teeth still yellow. What can I do for it?
A chipped or knocked out tooth can be a very painful condition. Tooth injuries are most often caused during a sports activity or when you take a nasty fall. And such accidents can hamper your general well-being, your ability to enjoy food, your appearance and your precious smile.
Different types of tooth injuries:
- A minor chip: A minor tooth fracture usually involves chipping of the enamel only
- A major chip: A deeper fracture can involve chipping of both the enamel and the dentin of a tooth
- A serious fracture that exposes the nerve and blood vessels in the centre of the teeth
- A fully displaced teeth: Here the tooth is forced upward, downward or to the side
- A knocked off teeth: One that lands in your hand or shatters in the ground after impact
- Trauma injuries: A more serious accident that involves head, neck and facial trauma
- Wear and tear: Cavities or chewing and biting on hard objects like pencils, ice cubes, or hard chocolates can also lead to tooth injury
- Fighting the fight: When 'I'll break your teeth' ceases to be an empty threat
How are tooth fractures treated?
Treatment depends on the extent of your fractures. A knocked out teeth can be re-implanted in many cases. A permanent tooth that is re-implanted within 30 minutes has the highest chance of success. Here's what you can do to save your tooth:
- Collect your broken tooth: Carefully collect the tooth fragments to not cause any additional damage which may prevent re-implantation. Avoid touching the root part of the tooth. Wash it gently in lukewarm water and keep it in a small bowl of milk. Avoid scrubbing or scraping to remove dirt.
- Reinsert your teeth if possible: Once you rinse your teeth, try to reinsert your teeth in the cavity. This may be a painful exercise, so proceed only if you think you can bear through it. You can store it between your cheek and gum to prevent drying or in a bowl of whole milk.
- Take care of yourself: If there is bleeding, give your mouth a good rinse to clear off the blood that is blocking the view. Identify the source of bleeding and press in with a sterile gauze or cloth.
- Give yourself a treat: This is a great way to get your mind off the pain and works wonders for children. Treat yourself with an ice lolly/ frozen pop to ease out the pain. If there is any cut on your gums or lips, another equally tasty home remedy is to cover it with sugar which will temporarily stop the bleeding and the sweetness will help you to forget the pain for the time being.
- Go to a dentist: Even if it is a minor chip, it is always advisable to see a dentist, as the cut may be sharp and can eventually end up hurting your tongue.
Your teeth need to last your lifetime, so take good care of them, especially when faced with an injury.
Ever increasing temperature during summers make it very essential to be hydrated with lots of fluids taken in a frequent interval. Proper hydration not only helps general health, it also helps the oral health by maintaining right moisture in the mouth. Natural juices like tender coconut, buttermilk, lassi etc make good choices while carbonated drinks should be avoided.