Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Karuna GoelYour feedback matters!
I touched my girl below, inside her shorts but just outside the underwear, and she is also wearing a pad, I also sucked her breasts, after that she gave me a hand job, and got some semen on her arm, she should be having her menstruation between 15 and 19, its already the 24th and still nothing, is there a possibility of her being pregnant? She had regular periods all her life, this is the first time it got delayed.
She missed her periods but she was sexual active before that and we needs to know the early pregnancy symptoms as we don't want a child right now at this time. We used precautions too but once conceive without but not down into.
Vitamin D is a vitamin that plays a critical role in maintaining the health of your bones, teeth and joints, as well as in assisting immune system function. But taking too much of it can cause Hypervitaminosis D, a rare but serious condition.
Hypervitaminosis D causes an exponential increase in the levels of calcium in your blood. And this can affect your bones, tissues, and other organs. The condition can also cause high blood pressure, bone loss, and severe kidney damage if not treated.
- You get Vitamin D from the foods you eat and by exposure to the sun. Still, there is severe Vitamin D deficiency in people living all over the world, including the tropics like India. These people are prescribed vitamin D supplements, a move which can misfire, causing hypervitaminosis D.
- Hypervitaminosis D occurs usually due to taking high-dose vitamin D supplements. The recommended dose for Vitamin D is 100 microgram per day. Anything over this, for several months, can cause Hypervitaminosis D.
- Some prescription medications used to treat high blood pressure and heart diseases can cause an increase in vitamin D in the blood.
- Oestrogen therapy for post-menopausal women is another cause.
- Taking antacids for a long time increases the risk for getting hypervitaminosis D.
- Isoniazide, an anti-tuberculosis medication, can also lead to elevated levels of vitamin D.
You are more at risk for developing hypervitaminosis D if you take vitamin D supplements and have other health problems, such as:
Vitamin D and Type 2 Diabetes - What is the relation?
- Vitamin D is most known for its role in bone health, but researchers are beginning to uncover its vital role in the function of the pancreas, the organ that secretes insulin.
- Doctors believe there is a link between vitamin D and Type 2 Diabetes as studies have shown that people who have the lowest vitamin D levels in their blood are at an increased risk of developing T2D later in life. Similarly, most newly diagnosed diabetes patients have lower vitamin D levels than people without diabetes.
- Vitamin D is prescribed by doctors in type 2 diabetes to help improve the body’s insulin sensitivity and thus reduce the risk of insulin resistance, which is often a precursor to type 2diabetes.
- Vitamin D helps your body metabolise sugar in your blood as well as it regulates calcium, which also helps manage blood sugar.
- The trick is to not overdo the vitamin D supplementation as it may cause hypervitaminosis D.
Now what makes hypervitaminosis D doubly dangerous is that it can cause raise blood calcium levels. This can lead to a condition called hypercalcemia which means that there is too much calcium in your blood.
The collective symptoms of these two conditions are:
- Loss of appetite
- Excessive thirst
- Weight loss
- Excessive urination
- Dehydration due to water loss
- Irritability, nervousness, confusion
- Ringing in the ear or tinnitus
- Weak muscles
- Nausea, vomiting
- High blood pressure
- Heart arrhythmias
If left untreated hypervitaminosis D can cause:
- Permanent damage to kidneys
- Kidney stones
- Kidney failure
- Excessive bone loss
- Calcification of arteries
So, be very careful while taking vitamin D, especially if you have an existent problem with your kidneys or heart. And don’t overdo the vitamin supplementation if you have diabetes- it can backfire. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Endocrinologist.
1.Continue Stretches for the spine in the morning
2 Breath Fresh Air and Practise deep breathing pattern
3.Use stairs always
4.Atleast one cardio activity every day like climb stairs fast brisk walk jog or make love
5.Maintain back straight always in walking sitting and standing
I had two time miscarriage. N my reports says I have rubella problem. That's why doctor give me rubella vaccine. And told me don't be pregnant for two month. Now my question is that after this vaccine can I be a pregnant if my first time Conceive or it take more times?
Not having much interest in sex. How can we increase her urge for sex, this is happening since many years and ruins our life.
2 months back i had done family planning operation but i want to become pregnant again can you send home treatment without any surgeries because i cannot afford costly surgeries please give answer is it any possible natural way of getting pregnant
I got yeast infection n doctor prescribed me candy cl tablet is this harmful for conceiving. and can I have sex during using this tablet.
I am having periods before time my due date is 11th july but I have started bleeding today I have taken unwanted 72 within 72 hours and previously I took pill when I earlier had sex .i want to know the reason? Am I pregnant? And I am also having diabetes.
I am pregnant with 21st week with 84 kgs but i am not gaining my weight from past two months. Please suggest a diet plan to gain weight.
I dint get my periods since 20 days. My period date is 17th. N my stomach started bloating. I don't feel comfortable.
We've probably heard about it, read it and even watched it a few times - devices like TV and laptop take a toll on our health. But are the studies backed with statistics applicable to us? What duration crosses the limit between acceptable and dangerous. Given that both these devices are entwined in our lives not only to entertain, but also make our lives easy, how much can you really avoid them? The reality is that you can't. So here is a quick look at what impacts you the most and how you can manage it best.
1. Increased eye irritability: We are quite used to multi-screen viewing these days. We work on our laptops or iPads while we watch TV at home. While this may seem like a skilled process in multi-brain functionality, but it is subjecting our eyes continuously to artificial light, making us blink less often. Often extending to over 12 hours a day, a mix or laptop and TV viewing can cause dry eyes, irritability, and reduced vision problems.
2. Increased obesity: Having access to everything from groceries to jewelry online makes it unnecessary to move out of the house on a Sunday. This is a boon and a bane in its own right. Easy access means spending lesser time standing in supermarket queues but more time in front of the TV. This can lead to lethargy and obesity. This risk is very real in children and we are battling with an entire generation on the brink of obesity and related problems. Did you know that childhood obesity risk increases by 60% when kids watch one hour of TV! Don't even try the math for a year's worth of television!
3. Increased affinity for junk food: TV has more side effects than you think. It automatically makes us reach out for the most harmful foods that taste great but hardly have any nutritional value. From chips to pizzas to burgers to quick fix noodles some with extra cheese others with a copious quantity of salts slowly add harmful toxins to the body. The worst part is that we are so lost in our work or TV that we don't realize the quantity we are chewing down.
4. It affects your sleep cycle: Having these handy late in the night also confuses our body with artificial light, throwing our sleep cycle off balance.
5. The one-off cases are real for some people: We often hear horror stories about some 12 years old whose thighs burned up because of excessive laptop use. There are other stories about a man who came home after a workout and accidently touched his laptop's power cord to be electrocuted. There are other stories linking these gadgets to cancer risks. These stories may be played up by the media for viral effect but the fact remains that you never know when you can be that 'somebody'. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult a general physician.
I am 21 years old female. I have a problem of white water with stinky smell and every month my periods get 5-10 days late from the exact date. I feel like tired every time. My weight also increases day by day and now its 71. What is the reason and what should I do?
Hello Sir/madam, please suggest me the busy sexual position for getting my wife pregnant, please explain in detail, does sex on 15 th day of MC is really helpful for increasing chances of pregnancy, please guide me. I am 28 years old male.
i am female age 36 yrs. I had my second baby on June 6,2016. Unfortunately the baby died at the age of 6 months. I had cesarean baby and ligation was done to my tubes. Now I want to conceive again. How long I shud wait and wat are the right process to get pregnant again as naturally it can't happen.
My wife is pregnant (5 weeks). She has thyroid from long time and she is taking thyronorm 50 mg and her thyroid is normal. We have fixed thyroid specialist with whom we consult after every 4 months. We have consulted gynecologist post pregnancy news. Her t3 and t4 is normal now but tsh increased to 7.5.Now my gynecologist is suggesting it is not a big deal and he wants to increase the dose post a month after observing baby's situation, but my thyroid specialist suggested to increase the dose to 100 mg from now only. They both are not interested to listen each other. Please suggest what to do now. Whom should I listen? It is a very critical matter and I am tensed.
Hi, I had my last period on 6th may. Had unprotected sex on 12th may. Took ipill same day within 3 hours of sex. Got next period on 18th may till 21st. Again I had sex in 22nd (not sure protected/ unprotected). My next period is due on 6th june. Currently having light abdominal discomfort and leg pain. When will I get my period? Is it any chances of getting pregnant? Please help!
When a childless couple is not able to conceive, there are myriad paths that the couple may follow to obtain a solution. If IVF does not help the couple, then they can go in for surrogacy. In this method, another lady conceives, carries and gives birth to the baby created by the sperm and eggs of the intended parents. Let us find out more about surrogacy today.
Who can use it?
Surrogacy can be availed by couples who are not able to conceive due to many conclusive reasons including the absence of a womb or the malfunctioning of the same. Also, recurrent miscarriages can be one of the reasons. Further, a couple who has been through IVF or In Vitro Fertilisation implantation failure a number of times can opt for surrogacy.
How does it Work?
Full surrogacy, as it is known, is a process of implanting an embryo in a host body. This embryo is usually created using the egg and the sperm of the parents, or even a fertilised egg that has been donated by a donor, which is then fertilised using the sperm from the intended father. Also, this embryo may be created by using donor eggs and donor sperms. Partial surrogacy is also a method that may be used. When artificial insemination or intrauterine insemination (IUI) is used to create an embryo with the sperm from the intended father and the egg from the surrogate mother, then the process is known as partial surrogacy.
Chance of having a baby with surrogacy
The chance of having a baby with surrogacy depend on various factors. It depends on the ability of the surrogate to get pregnant, as well as her overall health. Before choosing a surrogate, it is important to put her through all the necessary tests to ascertain a good state of health. Further, the age of the egg donor is also a factor in such cases. The success of related procedures like IVF or IUI will also determine the chances of conception through this method. Furthermore, the quality of the elements used by the couple or the intended parents will also make a difference to the process and its efficacy. Yet, the most important factor includes the age of the woman whose egg is being used.
Difference between IVF and Surrogacy
In IVF, the eggs are gathered from the woman and the sperm is taken from her partner before an embryo is created and affixed in the uterus of the intended mother. In surrogacy, it is actually another woman who carries this lab-created embryo through methods like artificial insemination. The sperm may come from the father and the egg may be donated by someone else, in many cases involving full or partial surrogacy.