Find numerous Pediatricians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Pediatricians with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adolescent Problems Treatment
Limping Child Treatment
Management of New Born Care
Treatment of Newborn Jaundice
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Adolescent Disorders Treatment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Childhood Diabetes
Cleft Lip Treatment
Management of Postnatal Care
Child Growth Management
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Management of Childhood Nutrition
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Quad Screening Treatment
My wife age 23, we have baby of 9 month, in this situation what type of medicine should take to avoid unwanted pregnancy?
Mera beta 2.5 saal ka hai uska body bohat thin hai khana thik se leta nahi hai agar morning ko khaya to din raat ko khuch bhi nahi khata khana khilane se rone start karta hai please doctor thora bata dijiye is problmko.
My child is diagnosed with adhd. He is 6 years old. Can this disease be cured completely. Doctor say that he did not get oxygen at the time of birth. But I don't agree with them. He is very hyper and speaks some words not sentences. Doctor is giving him atomoxetine hydrochloride-18mg, sizodon md 0.5 mg, coenzyme-10.(50mg. And carbamazepine.
Mouth breathing in children is very common and while a kid with open mouth might seem cute, it is not always the case. The parents need to be made aware that a child breathing through the mouth all the time is not normal and it is high time they find a way to manage it.
A little understanding of the effects of the mouth breathing habit on the child's health in general and oral health in particular can be an eye-opener for the parent. For an educated person, there are obvious symptoms, which indicate that the child is a mouth-breather.
These symptoms include:
- Dryness of the lips
- Crowding of the front teeth
- Sleeping with the mouth open
- Recurrent infections of the airways including sinusitis and middle ear infections
- Bad breath
Common causes include:
- Chronic nasal obstruction/congestion because of which the child is not able to get enough oxygen through the nose.
- Enlarged tonsils or adenoids
- Thumb or finger-sucking habit
- Recurrent respiratory infections
Effects of mouth breathing on oral health:
Mouth breathing may seem like a harmless habit, but has serious effects on the oral and dental health of the child. Some of them are discussed below.
- Dry mouth: A constantly open mouth can lead to drying up of the saliva. This in turn leads to reduced effects of saliva including the flushing effect on the bacteria and the food deposits. This leads to increased chances of tooth decay and gum diseases.
- Tooth decay: With reduced saliva, the pH remains acidic for a longer period of time, leading to increased chances of tooth decay.
- Gum diseases: Reduced amounts of saliva also leads to increased gum disease and periodontal disease as the bacteria are not removed and have a conducive environment to act upon.
- Facial development: A mouth breathing child maintains a different posture than a nose breather. This leads to a narrow and long face, flattened nose, smaller nostrils, reduced facial tone, thin upper lip, pouty upper lip, and a small lower jaw.
- Speech: An open mouth causes the tongue to thrust into the palate when talking. This leads to altered pronunciation of some sounds; especially and can cause lisping.
- Braces: Mouth breathing causes multiple challenges including prolonged treatment period, inability to close the gaps, reduced stability of the realigned teeth, and increased chances of relapse. The added complication of increased gum disease and tooth decay makes it worse. The habit needs to be corrected first before going in for braces.
If that sounds like a long list, they are not all inclusive. Early intervention in the habit can correct and negate all these effects. Talk to your dentist to know how to help your mouth breathing child.
I have started giving milk to my 13 month old baby starting 2 3 days he was drinking properly but whenever I feed her cerelac or their he vomits it from last 2 days kindly give me suggestions.
What are the symptoms of adult adhd and what are the treatments available and is there any permanent treatment available?
My 9 months old baby is suffering from fever since 2 days, one day I given fepanil but she has high fever 103.8 so I started metal p. After giving medicine in a hour temperature is reducing and ll be OK for 4 hrs. But still fever is there and I am out of station from my city. Here there is no good doctors. In fever she will be dull but once temperature come down she starts playing and very active too but in fever she'll be dull.
My daughter bshut roti hai Avi 4yera ki hone ja rahi hi fir avi v bahut roti hai Plesse koi upay bataye ki kya jare bahut presan rahte hai.
Hello, I had a cesarean delivery and have a baby of 45days old. I have to attend my pg exams. So how should I feed my baby is it safe to use any outer source. please suggest a good one.
My daughter is 1 month 17 days old. She always put her tongue out as if she feels retch or vomiting tendency. She do this always from birth. It increases after she is being feed. I also observed spit bubbles in her mouth.
Sir, My son is 14 months old and is under weight, he born on 29 june'14 with the weight of 2.40 kilograms and within an years his weight is approx 8.50 kilograms. Today he got a fever due to fickle weather suddenly a concerned doctor expressed his apprehension towards his head size and asked to measure it in inches from amid fore head to rear portion before neck. We measured the head with tape and got s reading of 18 inches and 3 cm's. Concerned doctor did not gave us a reason behind whereas our family doctor is different and he never showed any anxiety towards above recited things. My son behave always normal infect he is a very charming boy Kindly suggest suitable advise.
She do breastfeed her 10 month old child. The issue is her breast have become very loose. Please suggest some remedy for this.
My nephew, who is 9 months old, got hurt on his fore head by a tap. He has not been vaccinated with tetanus. Is it ok if he s not vaccinated with TT.
Are there any long-term effects associated with taking ADHD (attention deficit hyperactivity disorder) medications? If so, what are they and what medications are implicated?
Croup or ‘Kali Khansi’, as it is called in local parlance, is recognized by a loud cough that often sounds like the barking of a seal. It can cause rapid or difficult breathing, and sometimes wheezing. Croup is thought to be caused by a virus, but reflux acidity has been suggested as a possible trigger.
In gastroesophageal reflux disease, stomach acid causes swelling and inflammation of the larynx, which narrows the airway. It can trigger more swelling with any kind of viral or respiratory infection.
Identifying children with gastroesophageal reflux disease could help treat and improve recurring croup. It is unusual for a child to have three or more bouts of croup over a short period of time. These children need to be evaluated.
The same is true for adults also. Patients with non responding asthma should be investigated for underlying acidity as the cause of acute asthma.
YOu can ask me privately in any doubts