Find numerous ENT Specialists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find ENT Specialists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find ENT Specialists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Balloon Sinuplasty Procedure
Cochlear Implant Procedure
Treatment of Endoscopic Sinus Surgery
Treatment of Foreign Body in Eyes, Ears, Nose and
Hearing Aid Fitting
Treatment of Hearing, Speech Impairment
Nosebleed (Epistaxis) Treatment
Treatment of Throat and Voice Problems
Treatment of Tonsils (Tonsillitis)
Treatment of Nasal Disorders
Canalith Repositioning (Cr) Procedure
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Csf Rhinorrhoea Repair Surgery
Ear Microsurgery Procedure
Functional Endoscopic Sinus Surgery
Micro Laryngeal Surgery
Reconstructive Middle Ear Surgery
Revision Ear Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. Kanti PatelYour feedback matters!
Everyday morning after wakeup I feel that there is something sticked in my throat and when I cough nothing is coming out. I feel that some sinus getting sticked in my throat. What to do to overcome this problem please help.
I am 56 year old lady in india. Oweight-80 kg for 5'4' height. Sleep for 7 hrs, eat healthy, slightly stressed. Every 15 days to one moth I have cold and sore throat. I take azithral and become fine. I catch flue from anybody passing close to me. I breath through my mouth. What do I do to prevent frequent flue and today temp is 99. 8f.
Swallowing food comes naturally to human beings. But when there is a problem, it is usually called Dysphagia. Esophagus, a muscular tube-like organ located at the back of our throat, usually helps in swallowing food and transferring them to our stomach. When esophagus does not function properly, dysphagia happens. Patients suffering from brain or nerve disorder, seniors and babies might have this problem.
People with dysphagia might witness the following issues:
- Difficulty in swallowing solids and liquids.
- Gaging, choking or coughing usually occurs when trying to swallow.
- Experience pain when trying to swallow and also heartburn.
- Swallowed food might come back up either through mouth or nose.
- A chronic problem might result in weight loss.
There are 2 main reasons, why the Esophagus might become dysfunctional.
- Due to some medical condition the muscles and nerves that help the esophagus work have stopped working.
- The esophagus is blocked by something.
There can be a number of reasons for both the condition. Here are the reasons why the muscles and nerves might not work.
Certain diseases can create problems with your nervous system, which in turn can affect the esophagus. These diseases are polio, multiple sclerosis, muscular dystrophy, Parkinson’s disease.
- A brain stroke, spinal cord injury or brain injury can also affect swallowing.
- Polymyositis or Dermatomyositis are immune system problems that can cause swelling or weakness.
- The muscles of esophagus suddenly squeeze, which is called esophagus spasm.
- Scleroderma causes the esophagus to become thin and weak.
The esophagus might be blocked because of these reasons:
- Esophagus might have malignant or non-malignant tumours.
- Esophagitis is a medical condition when the esophagus is infected, got some allergy or even if a pill got stuck on it.
- People suffering from reflux diseases often experience the acid that backs up into the esophagus. This can cause an ulcer on it resulting in scars. Scars make Esophagus narrower, making it difficult to swallow.
- There are small sacs called Diverticula on the esophagus or the throat, often making it difficult to swallow.
- Lymph nodes, tumours, bone spurs can also obstruct esophagus and create difficulty in swallowing. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ENT specialist.