Find numerous Dentists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Dentists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Submit a review for Dr. Kanika AgarwalYour feedback matters!
Hii sir I am 23 years old and I usually chewing tobaccos like pan masala but now I have mouth problem I can't eat hot and spicy food. So please suggest me some easy solution to overcome from this problem.
Odontalgia or severe toothache is characterized by extreme pain or inflammation of the tooth and its surrounding areas. The excruciating pain that you might experience may stem as a result of gum infection, tooth decay, infection of the dental pulp, abscess and due to certain other reasons like extraction or filling of the teeth. Another key reason for extreme toothache is the fact that a number of heart problems, such as myocardial infarction and angina tend to affect your dental health negatively.
While some toothaches might occur sporadically, they might pose a danger against your overall well-being in the long run, if the condition is left untreated. Homeopathy can serve as the perfect antidote to your toothache problems and its effects are noted to be significantly higher when it comes down to the question of long-term consumption. Here is a list of homeopathic medications that might prove to be a pain alleviator for your dental complications:
- Hepar Sulph and Silicea: Root abscess responds positively, to both Hepar Sulph and Silicea. For fever accompanied with occasional chills due to severe toothache, Hepar Sulph is considered to be the perfect remedy and tends to significantly decrease the level of swelling and pain. On the other hand, if your face swells and there is an incidence of gum inflammation, Silicea must be used to numb the effects of root abscess.
- Plantago: Plantago is noted to be the most commonly prescribed medicine for toothaches and for treating sensitivity. The pain extending to the ears from the teeth receives maximum relief due to the effects of Plantago. It might have to be taken internally or applied externally depending on the severity of the toothache and its accompanying conditions.
- Staphysagria: Sensitivity is best taken care of by Staphysagria and resolves the problem of worsening of toothache, when any drink or food is consumed. Bleeding gums and excess salivation is also another aspect that is looked after by Staphysagria.
- Arnica: Tooth extraction and filling may often lead to the consequence of nerve-wrecking pain in the gums and the affected area. For this, Arnica is prescribed to assuage the nerve pain and must be taken in along with Hypericum, another homeopathy medicine, for best results.
- Merc Sol: Problems of halitosis and excessive salivation that tend to occur simultaneously with toothaches can be solved by a dosage of Merc Sol. Bleeding gums, looseness of teeth and sensitivity are all taken care of by the same medication.
- Hecla Lava: For jaw swells along with toothache, you must always opt for Hecla Lava. The effect is instantaneous and relieves both swelling and pain.
- Chamomilla: Chamomilla serves as the best remedial homeopathic medicine for easing heat sensitivity that is likely to worsen the existing toothache. Drinks and food, either hot or cold, can then be consumed easily because of the numbing effect of this medicine. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult a homeopath.
I am 30 years old. I have a problem while eating spicy food. Burning sensation or feeling around wisdom teeth area. Rest of the area in the month is fine. Please suggest.
I am 24 years old. Yesterday a small part of my front tooth suddenly broke. Is it serious thing to concern or is it normal?
I'm facing issue with mouth odour. I've tried many pastes but not working out. Mouth washes are not longing for long time.
Hello friends, my name is Dr Aishna Sharma, today I am going to discuss about the topic that is very common and in general everyone suffers from it and that is, tooth sensitivity.
Tooth sensitivity is basically any kind of pain due to extremes (hot and cold) food or drinks or even with a blow of air. Now first of all going deep into this topic you musyt understand the tooth structure, that is a tooth it consists of three layers;
- The outermost layer enamel, that is considered to be the hardest substance on the eart, other than the diamond.
- Now, after enamel comes dentin. Dentin is considered to be the softer substance.
- It has tubules in it. Tubules that starts from the outer layer of the dentin and ends up to the pulp.
This dentin and inside dentin is the pulp. The pulp or the nerve tissue, this nerve tissue consist if sensations, and with whatever we eat whatever we have all the sensation is passed through the nerves and it reaches through the dentin and then it reaches to the enamel. Now whenever we have sensitivity it means that the tooth structure is lost because of many reasons. Now first and foremost reason is the loss of gum tissue. The loss of gum tissue can occur when we take some very acidic things like pepsi, coke or any aerated drink. So in that case our gum tissues are soft in nature, that gets lost. So when it gets lost the lower part of the tooth that is the root of the tooth, it gets exposed and it is sensitive in nature so obviously you will have sensitivity in that area. The sensitivity is not in the tooth structure it is in the root area. Now, other reason of sensitivity is decay. Decay is the most common.
When you will have decay?
First and foremost you will get to know about decay when your food will get lost when the food will get lost only in the outer surface of the tooth, that is the enamel, you won’t have any sensitivity you will just have the complain of getting the food lost, but when it reaches the dentin, you will definitely have sensitivity. The first sensitivity you are going to have is cold, after that hot and after that when it is very near to the nerves, you will have sensitivity to sweets. Now, this is how this process of decay stats from sensitivity and ends up in pain because when you reach the nerve, you will experience pain. Other reason of sensitivity is fracture, when the tooth gets fractured, so obviously in fractured case also the dentin is getting exposed and even at times the pulp or the nerve tissue gets exposed. So all the sensation, whatever you eat or drink gets passed on to the tooth directly to the inside of the tooth directly and you will have sensation of hot and cold, even to sweets.
Now, what is the treatment line for tooth sensitivity?
The first and foremost line and the most common treatment line people do at home is the desensitizing paste, nowadays there are so many advertisements coming on national television. So, desensitizing paste is something that you have to use regularly and slowly you will attain the result. But, ya if you don’t get results with the desensitizing paste, you have to come to the clinic. To the doctor’s place and you have to get the treated by the fluorited toothpaste that the doctor will recommend. Even after that if you are not getting relieved, then you haveto go for the filling that filling is medicated filling. Even at times if it is your bad luck that you don’t even get relief with the filling then you have to go for the root canal only after that the sensitive tooth will be relieved.
For further detail on this topic, you can call me and chat with me. There is live chat option also on librate.com and you can visit our clinic that is Rohini Dental Care and it is in sector 31 Gurgaon. Rest, you can get from the Lybrate.