Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Kaneez F. ShaikhYour feedback matters!
My friend is 37 yr old and got married 3 years before his wife is 29 years old now they want to conceive baby. My friend is having lack of sexual desire and always feeling dull and tired when He came from office. Frequency of sex is 3-4 times in month. He had a very less discharge of semen after long time during sex. He got his semen analysis it is found that sperm count are 2 million par ml. Please advise what to do to conceive baby.
My gf hasn't got her periods since last 35+ days and we are scared .all I did was finger her in the movies while she blew me. What are the possibilities or her getting pregnant over this .we are too scared and worried. I asked her to see a gynac but she is too scared to go with her mom and I am too scared to go with her. Please help me! We are just too young and naive to understand anything.
Hi Please give some hints We are newly married. If we use condom For sexual relation for every time at least upto one year 1) is there any problem ? Bcz we don't have any baby plan due to thyroid. 2) if we use coconut oil for sexual relation many times but not always . Is there any problem ?
Dr. Please help me my girlfriend took ipill because we were afraid of touching few drops of semen in vagina on 5th nov evening so on 6th nov at 9 am she took ipill and on 12th nov she had a bleeding which continued till 17th nov and 13th was her period date I am confused what was that is it period, ipill side effect or spotting and today is 26th december her period not came Dr. please help me that she is pregnant or not.
My wife is a cancer patient (osteosarcoma) her chemotherapy is completed on 25thFebruary 2016 and her period resume on June 23, 2016 and in next month is on 18th July, 2016. We have unprotected sex after 26th day is there any chances of getting pregnant or is it safe for her. please reply soon.
Hii doctor, I am 24 years old. I am married. Every time I had my periods on time and normal and there was no problem but in november 2016 I missed my period. I consult a doctor, had a pregnancy test also but I was not pregnant. Then he gave medicine then had period in december now this month january also I am not having periods. What can be the reason? Is it something to b worried about? Why m not having periods? Surely m not pregnant than what must be the reason?
Hi am married am suffering a white passing after periods time also entire day I met a doctor so they have provided a tabs no use. While passing this even am not able to stand for more time. Please suggest me something to cured.
Hi I am suffering from right breast pain to right hand from last one year and also consulted to the doctors they maid many tests like X ray and ultrasound even ecg but every thing is normal.
Diabetes during pregnancy is known as gestational diabetes. It is interesting to note that the chances of getting gestational diabetes, is one of the most common complication of pregnancy. It has increased by almost 40%. Also, gestational diabetes not only affects the health of the mother, but also the health of the baby. What usually happens with gestational diabetes is that the blood sugar level, of both the mother and the baby go above the normal level.
Ayurveda can help treat this disease. Here are the most common Ayurveda remedies for gestational diabetes.
- Gurmaar: Gurmaar, called "The Sugar Killer" is also known as Gymnema sylvestre in medical jargon. Gurmaar also contains gymnemic acid molecules, which are crucial because they have an anti-diabetic effect. They work by combining with glucose molecules, which are in the blood stream. These stop the glucose from entering the bloodstream.
- Karela: Karela is commonly known as bitter gourd and its biological name is Momordica charantia. It has anti-diabetic properties and also contains many other micronutrients, which are crucial in preventing the complications which arise from gestational diabetes.
- Vizaysaar: Vizaysaar comes from the bark of a tree whose biological name is Pterocarpus marsupium. It is very useful for diabetes. If you immerse the wood of Vizaysaar in water overnight and then drink it, your blood sugar levels are expected to fall.
- Saptrangi: Saptrangi is biologically known as Salacia oblonga. Just like Vizaysaar, it is a tree whose bark is immersed in water and then drunk by the patient suffering from diabetes. You will know that the water is ready for drinking when it turns brown, which usually happens overnight. It is also being studied in Western herbal schools in addition to Ayurveda nowadays.
- Tulsi: Tulsi is a holy plant in Hindu mythology and is known as Ocimum sanctum in biological terms. It is worshiped as a holy plant because it has tremendous medicinal properties including treating many types of cancers, cough, cold, sore throat as well as reducing blood sugar.
- Ashwagandha: The medical name for ashwagandha is Withania somnifera. It is another great remedy for diabetes.
I want to know is saheli a oral contraceptive just like ipill and unwanted. After searching from net I saw that one strip contains 8 tablets. I want to know how we take theseveral tablets. I mean to say before sex or after sex. Or we have to take these tablets for 21 days or only one tablet after sex.
I had a sex with my wife on her 5 day of her dates I had used condam is there any chance of pregnancy ?
Have missed my periods my last periods was on 2nd feb for this month I did.Not got my periods also had an unprotected sex but sure that m nt pregnant. What should I do as this happens to me in every 2 to 3 months?
I hav pcod. Using clomid for 3 cycles my husband reports are fine. My Amh, lh,fsh, levels are fine. Done hsg this month reports are normal, bt I'm not conceiving. What's the problem.
Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome or PCOS is referred to as a condition that leads to an imbalance in the hormonal levels of women between the ages of 18 to 44. Women suffering from the syndrome develop small cysts in the ovaries. These cysts might disrupt the normal functions of the ovaries resulting in hormonal imbalances. If you suffer from PCOS, the secretion of the male hormone androgen (which is present in a small amount in every female) increases abnormally, thereby causing a significant disruption of the ovulation process and the menstruation cycles.
Women suffering from obesity or who have a past history of PCOS in their families are at a higher risk of suffering from the syndrome.
The symptoms that one might experience along with syndrome are as follows:
Appearances of acne along with the development of excess body and facial hair.
Irregular or no periods.
Problems with conception and infertility.
Intense pain in the pelvic area and severe depression.
Homeopathic Treatment for PCOS:
Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome is curable with the Homeopathic mode of treatment. Homeopathic treatment for polycystic ovarian syndrome is very safe and free from any side effect.Which Homeopathic medicine is required to extract the disease from its roots varies from case to case. Both the physical and mental spheres of the patient are thoroughly investigated while prescribing the Homeopathic medicine. The complete cure of PCOS is a time-consuming process and it cannot be expected in a few days. It requires complete observation regarding the change of symptoms in the patient and frequent clinical follow-ups. Some of the most beneficial homeopathic remedies for PCOS are:
Sepia – Useful for the symptoms of severe pain in the lower back and abdominal areas along with abnormal menstrual periods.
Apis Mellifica –This homeopathic preparation is effective in relieving the symptoms of severe pain in the ovarian regions along with tenderness in the abdominal and uterine areas caused by PCOS.
Pulsatilla – This medication is very effective in treating symptoms of PCOS such as late and minimal menstrual periods along with rapid mood swings, irritation and a decreased sensation of thirst.
Sulphur – This homeopathic preparation is very useful if there is a presence of severely itchy and painful acne along with other skin related symptoms of PCOS.
Natrum Muriaticum – This homeopathic preparation is useful if you experience significant problems with conception along with irregularity in menstrual cycles, along with an excessive craving for salt in the regular diet, unwillingness towards sunlight exposure, and intense episodes of crying and uncharacteristic shyness.
Graphites – If you are of a stout build or are overweight and regularly suffer from constipation along with PCOS, graphites are one of the best homeopathic medications to relieve symptoms and treat this condition.
These are just a few of the commonly used Homeopathic remedies and are mentioned only to create awareness about the effectiveness of Homeopathic medicines for PCOS. It is not advisable to resort to self-medication for any disease. Consult an Expert & get answers to your questions!
My daughter is 50 years old and she feels extremely sleepy before her periods. Very difficult to keep awake. She feels very tired during periods and has a typical headache, in which it seems as if the centre of her skull is being pulled out by some force. This is affecting productivity at work.
If you have been trying to get pregnant for a long period of time, but not succeeding, it is time for you to see a doctor immediately. In case you have tried for pregnancy and not getting near it for a long duration, do not get disheartened and worried. There a lot of fertility techniques which have evolved over the time due to the advancement of medical technology.
If you have failed again and again, you should not wait anymore and visit a doctor. The doctor would help you locate the problem behind your failure and would provide you with other options of getting pregnant.
They are as follows:
- Fertility drugs: Fertility drugs are the primary remedy for women who struggle to get naturally pregnant as they cannot perform ovulation. Mimicking the body's own hormones, drugs such as Clomid work to trigger the ovaries into discharging eggs. This strategy prompts pregnancy accomplishment in a couple of months without further delay. Different drugs can, likewise, be utilized to control the menstrual cycle or thicken the womb's coating to set it up for pregnancy. Your doctor will prescribe you fertility drugs if you have an extremely irregular menstrual cycle and your ovulation is unusual, and you are not producing eggs. Sometimes, these drugs are given to women with pituitary failure.
- Intrauterine insemination: In this process, a tube which contains sperms of best quality is inserted into the vagina of a woman into the uterus via the cervix. This process is carried out during the most fertile period of the woman's menstrual cycle. It may be repeated for two or three days. Your doctor may recommend this method in case you have unexplained infertility, or if you have problems in ovulating. If your partner is impotent or in case that you do not have a partner, this process can be undertaken.
- In vitro fertilization: This treatment includes the preparation of an egg outside your body. Eggs are accumulated from a woman's ovaries and are blended with sperm. The fertilization process happens in a leveled, flat shaped glass dish. The prepared egg or embryo is then put back into the uterus, which is called embryo transfer. A solitary treatment cycle can take anything between six weeks and two months and involves stages where you need regular injections and general ultrasound observing. This will be recommended by the doctor if you have unexplained fertility or when your fallopian tubes get blocked.
If you are struggling to get pregnant for a long time, you should not wait and consult a doctor, who would provide you with alternatives.
If you want to discuss any other problem, Consult IVF Specialists.