Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy Procedure
Treatment of Lumpectomy
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Kidney Stones Treatment
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Accident Injuries Treatment
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Prostate Laser Surgery
Urinary Incontinence Surgery
Stem Cell Transplant
Post Induction Therapy
Post Induction Transplant
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
I am divya, a 20 years old girl I am facing problem of under eye dark circles which gives my face a vry dull look. I have tried depivite, kojivit and blossom kochar under eye gel in prescription of doctors BT to no avail. I would like to request you to kindly help me out of this problem as soon as possible it has been so long that I am trying to get rid of this.
When you run your hands over the soles of your feet, the surface should be smooth to touch. However, sometimes, the surface may not be so smooth. Piezogenic pedal papules are papules on the medial, posterior or lateral aspects of both heels and result from herniation of fat. These papules are usually asymptomatic and can range from a size of 2mm to 10mm. In some cases, they can be a little painful. This is seen commonly in large lesions. They become apparent when the patient stands with his full weight on his feet and disappear or shrink when the weight is removed. Piezogenic papules can also occur on the wrists. This is a fairly common condition that affects women more than men. Piezogenic pedal papules can occur at any age including infancy.
There is no known cause for the herniation of fat that causes this condition. However, there are a few factors that could increase your risk of suffering from this condition. These factors are:
- Orthopedic problems
- Flat feet
- Collagen disorders such as EDS
- Jobs which entail standing for long hours
- Excessive weight bearing
This condition can also affect newborn babies with no predisposition. The diagnosis of this condition is often confused with infantile pedal papules, xanthoma and tophi. Since they are prominently visible only when pressure is applied, it is essential for a doctor to physically examine the patient while he or she is standing. This condition does not affect the health of a person and is largely only a cosmetic issue. Thus treatment is not usually necessary but some of the things you could do to relieve the discomfort are:
- In cases where Ehlers-Danlos syndrome triggers the condition, patients may be recommended betamethasone and bupivacaine injections. These injections need to be administered repeatedly for complete pain relief.
- Orthotic soles or custom made inserts for shoes can help relieve the pain and distribute pressure equally.
- Heel taping
- Compression stockings
- Avoid excessive or prolonged weight bearing
- Avoid standing for extended periods and try not to run too much
- Rest the feet and keep them elevated to help alleviate the symptoms
- Lose weight if you are on the heavier side
- Electro acupuncture
Piezogenic pedal papules are benign and are no reason to worry. If they begin to affect the quality of your life, you could consult a podiatrist.
Erysipelas is an infection caused by bacteria that occurs in the upper portion of the skin. It is usually caused by the Streptococcus pyogenes bacteria. This bacterium is also responsible for causing sore throat. It is characterized by large and red patches on your skin.
The symptoms of erysipelas are -
1. You may experience chills and fever
2. Swelling of various glands in the body
3. Presence of red spots on the skin with raised edges
4. You may experience blisters on your skin
5. You may also feel lethargic and dizzy
This disease occurs when the bacterium makes its way through the upper layer of the skin. If you have cuts and bruises on the skin, then the bacteria may enter the skin, and thus lead to infection. However, they don't cause any harm if they are present on the skin. Erysipelas may also be caused if you have infections of the throat and the nose.
Some other causes of erysipelas are:
1. If you are bitten by an insect
2. If you have had a surgical procedure
3. Certain skin complications such as psoriasis may lead to erysipelas
4. It may also be caused by ulcers
5. If you are affected by diabetes which results in swelling of the legs
6. If you are a used of abusive drugs such as heroin
The age group that is at the highest risk bracket consists of older people and young children. The immune systems of older adults are weak; so the chances of infections occurring are higher. The treatments for this disease include consumption of fluids and keeping the affected part at an elevated position to minimize the swelling.
It is also recommended to use medications only after doctor's consultation. In serious cases, antibiotics are administered through the vein. If the disease causes deterioration of healthy tissues in the affected part, then surgery is recommended to treat it.
The preventive measures for this disease include keeping your wounds clean, maintaining good personal hygiene and using moisturizers to prevent the skin from drying.