Find numerous Pediatricians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Pediatricians with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adolescent Problems Treatment
Limping Child Treatment
Management of New Born Care
Treatment of Newborn Jaundice
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Adolescent Disorders Treatment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Childhood Diabetes
Cleft Lip Treatment
Management of Postnatal Care
Child Growth Management
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Management of Childhood Nutrition
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Quad Screening Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Kamini C DaveYour feedback matters!
My son is suffering frm bad stomach. Ache during potty. And smelly to its not loose motion. Suggest remedy please.
My daughter has 45 days old. from 5 days she has constipation. And 4 days before she had her second vaccination. I give hot water with sugar syrup. .then also there is no motion passed out and she feed well and pass urine also.
My daughter 10 months old having temper tantrum since 2 months. Is it curable? Is it a sign of behavioral problem? What should I do?
My daughter is around 2 years old but she is just 9 kg in weight and she is so lean and I can see her bones ribs easily. Though we follow doctor's advice on food there is no improvement. Is it something need to worry much? Can we give junior Horlicks now and will it help much in gaining weight?
Hello! My son is 5 years old, he was very healthy at his early ages, but now he is becoming very thin. He is suffering from adenoids problem, due to which there is recurrence of cold and cough. Some time he tells pain in his leg also, after playing outdoor games. He is used to ask sweets 10-15 minutes. Please guide me his diet plans, so that I can manage proper nutrition in his food.
During the early growing years, children are prone to a lot of airway problems, including asthma, tonsillitis, and sinusitis. Their immunity is also low, which contributes makes them prone to develop these infections very easily.
Homoeopathy is believed to be a milder form of treatment with minimal side effects and also get rid of the underlying medical condition and also improve their immunity. Read on to know more about these conditions and what products homoeopathy uses.
- Asthma: Asthma is a common condition with wheezing episodes and difficulty breathing. Asthma attacks can be triggered by emotional stress, change of weather, occupational effects, family history of atopic diseases. Some of the commonly used homoeopathic medicines include Ipecac, Arsenicum, Nux Vomica, Natrum sulphuricum, and Kali bichromicum. The weather of the place you reside and the time of the attacks also have a major role to play in choosing the right component.
- Adenoids: This is the group of lymph tissue that is hidden behind the roof of the mouth. Their infection causes pain, fever, difficulty breathing, sinus infections, and snoring. Hydrastis, Calcarea phosphorica, Agraphis nutan, Tuberculinum, and Cistus Canadensis are some of the most frequently used compounds to treat enlarged adenoids. Managing adenoid infection can be useful in preventing adenoid surgery, which is very frequently done.
- Nasal Polyps: These are overgrowths of the nasal mucosa, and they lead to blocked nose, frequent sneezing, and nasal voice. The associated symptoms of loss of smell, bleeding, nasal obstruction, distension of the nose, will decide the right compound for you. Calcarea Carb, phosphorus, conium, Teucrium Marum Varum, Hekla Lava are commonly used to manage nasal polyps without having to go through surgical removal.
- DNS: The right and left nostrils are separated by a thin layer of bone and cartilage called the nasal septum. When this layer is not at the centre, but deviated to the right or left, it can cause breathing problems, nasal congestion, and sometimes pain and nosebleeds. In some people, this could also be a cosmetic issue with the external nose also looking crooked. Sangunaira, Aconite, Ars alb, Thuja, Tuber, Teucr mer are some compounds which produce good results.
- Tonsillitis: The tonsils are lymphatic tissue in the back of the throat, and due to various reasons, there can be attacks of acute or chronic tonsillitis. Baryta Carbonica, Calcarea phosphorica, Bromine, Calcarea iodata, and Lycopodium are frequently used to manage tonsillitis without having to remove them.
- Sinusitis: There are 4 major sinuses in the facial region and depending on the sinus affected, there can be heavy-headedness, blocked nose, facial bone pain, runny nose and pain between the eyes. Silicea, Merc Sol, Belladonna, Pulsatilla, and Kali Bichrome are effectively used to treat chronic sinusitis symptoms.
Most of the airway passage conditions in children can be treated with homoeopathic medications with minimal side effects and reducing the need for surgery. It is very important to understand that each child is unique and the right regime will be drawn up after a detailed discussion about history, accompanying symptoms, and predisposition to the condition. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a homeopath.
Asthma is a respiratory disease that takes place with a variety of symptoms including breathlessness, wheezing and coughing. It usually occurs when the airways get obstructed, which in turn leads to inflammation of the tubes. So how can you recognise the signs and symptoms of asthma? Here is a list of ways!
- Risk Identification: It has been observed by doctors and medical science that there is no specific reason for the onset of this ailment. It can be caused due to genetic as well as environmental factors. So, in order to recognise the symptoms, you will first of all have to take stock of both these factors. Find out if you have any blood relatives who have suffered from this ailment and try to find out how it started and at what age, so that you can watch out for the same warning signs. Also, if you are more prone than others when it comes to allergic conditions like rhinitis and atopic dermatitis, then you are at risk. Other risk factors also include living in a high pollution zone, as well as being overweight, smoking, working within close range of exhaust fumes and other chemicals, and other such factors.
- Symptom Identification: To be able to identify whether or not you are at risk, you must identify the potential symptoms including persistent shortness of breath, which may strike regularly. Also, another symptom is not being able to sleep comfortably due to excessive coughing and breath shortness as well as shallow breathing and wheezing. You may also experience some amount of chest tightening or constriction. These symptoms will usually get worse if you happen to be suffering from the flu or a cold.
- Respiratory Health: If you are suspecting the onset of this disease, it would be a good idea to watch your respiratory health by observing the rise and fall of your breath when you are doing energy consuming and strenuous activities like exercising or other such tasks. Sports induced asthma is an actual condition that can get worse when your lungs are faced with cold and dry air. Also, if you are facing exhaust fumes and chemicals as a part of your job, then you are at risk of occupational asthma, in which case you should watch your respiratory health very closely. These symptoms can also get worse when you are around animals and pets due to the allergens that may trigger wheezing and coughing. A lung function test can be conducted by the pulmonologist in case you are suffering from any of these symptoms and conditions on a persistence and prolonged basis.
Knowing and reporting your symptoms to the doctor is important for getting timely treatment.
On the occasion of World Asthma Day (3rd May, 2016), I would like to break a few myths related around Asthma which otherwise people generally believe to be true.
Myth #1 - Asthma is a communicable disease
Fact #1 - Asthma is an allergic disease and is neither contagious (infectious) or communicable (passed on from one person to another)
Myth #2 - Inhalers are addictive
Fact #2 - Absolutely wrong! Inhalers are not addictive but it is a good habit to keep control over asthma and use your inhalers as prescribed by your doctor. Also, contrary to popular belief that using inhalers on a regular basis reduces their effectiveness, inhalers continue to be equally effective on a regular basis.
Myth #3 - Inhalers are expensive
Fact #3 - Again, absolutely incorrect! Inhalers are in fact cheaper when compared to other drugs.
Myth #4 - Inhalers are given to patients who face Chronic Asthma
Fact #4 - Wrong! Inhalers should be used from a very early stage itself to prevent progression of the disease.
I hope this tip helped bust atleast a few notions that most people have about Asthma and that you are now better informed about this condition. In case you would like to ask me anything or discuss your or your loved one's case in detail, feel free to 'Consult' privately with me.
My daughter is 1 years 5 months old. She passed the loose stool in mustard color n I think with mucus also. please suggest me medicine. Passed two stools in 1 hr.
Sir my male baby 9 months old today having cold & cough. But one of my village Dr. Advice for ce merit cl-dry syrup & cetramac syrup, but I am not sure that the medicine's are for paediatric use. So kindly suggest shall I give the syrup to my baby? pls. Help out me.
In the case of born baby (10 Days) they have normal variations in thyroid level, the physician prescribed thyroid tablet (1/4)/Day, I confused about that and the baby body how accept that tab and any problem to future? Pls help me.
Hello Doctor, I am 35 year old male working in company and having 8 hours deskjob. I am taking Pentacid since 2010 for GERD. Does it has any side effect as within 4-5 days after withdrawal of drug I start feeling stomach pain. I don't drink and smoke. Shall I continue pentacid.
Hi Doctor. I have 7 months old baby, for the past three days I have chickenpox symptoms (a small bubbles arises) please suggest me what your do. (since my baby is n breastfeeding)
Migraine is a complex disorder characterized by recurrent episodes of a headache, most often unilateral and in some cases associated with visual or sensory symptoms collectively known as an aura that arise most often before the head pain but that may occur during or afterward . Migraine is most common in women and has a strong genetic component.
Signs and symptoms
Typical symptoms of migraine include the following:
1.Throbbing or a pulsatile headache, with moderate to severe pain that intensifies with movement or physical activity
2.Unilateral and localized pain in the frontotemporal and ocular area but the pain may be felt anywhere around the head or neck
3.Pain builds up over a period of 1-2 hours, progressing posteriorly and becoming diffuse
4.Headache lasts 4-72 hours
5.Nausea (80%) and vomiting (50%), including anorexia and food intolerance, and light-headedness
6.Sensitivity to light and sound
Features of migraine aura are as follows:
1.May precede or accompany the headache phase or may occur in isolation
2.Usually develops over 5-20 minutes and lasts less than 60 minutes
3.Most commonly visual but can be sensory, motor, or any combination of these
4.Visual symptoms may be positive or negative
5.The most common positive visual phenomenon is the scintillating scotoma, an arc or band of absent vision with a shimmering or glittering zigzag border
Physical findings during a migraine headache may include the following:
*Cranial/cervical muscle tenderness
*Horner syndrome (ie, relative miosis with 1-2 mm of ptosis on the same side as the headache)
*Tachycardia or bradycardia
*Hypertension or hypotension
*Hemisensory or hemiparetic neurologic deficits (ie, complicated migraine)
*Adie-type pupil (ie, poor light reactivity, with near dissociation from light)
Homoeopathic constitutional treatment cures this malady completely since it goes to the root of the disease and removes this tendency permanently.
Some of Homoeopathic remedies used for treating migraine are Belladonna,Spigelia,Sanguinaria,Glonoine,Natrum mur,Phosphorus, Tuberculinum, Iris versicolor,medicine should be strictly selected based on symptom similarity only to get permanent cure.