Find numerous Pediatricians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Pediatricians with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adolescent Problems Treatment
Limping Child Treatment
Management of New Born Care
Treatment of Newborn Jaundice
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Adolescent Disorders Treatment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Childhood Diabetes
Cleft Lip Treatment
Management of Postnatal Care
Child Growth Management
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Management of Childhood Nutrition
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Quad Screening Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. KalvariaYour feedback matters!
I am 15 years old boy I want to grow height to reach my goal what to do and I have right hand finger pain so I need a solution.
My Son is 3 years and 6 months old. He is not eating anything .his only food is complain and sometimes he eats chips or chicken soup. But he is just 10 kgs now .we are very worried and doctor told to give infagrow and some vitamin syrup .he does not take these instead avoids if forced he takes and vomits. Please advise me on this.
Ongoing monitoring is essential to maintain and establish the lowest step and dose of treatment to minimize cost and maximise safety.
Typically patient should be seen one to three months after initial assesment,and every three months thereafter.After an exacerbation.the patient should be assesed within two weeks to one month.
At every visit the patient inform the doctor following.
Use of short acting B2 agonist
Night awakening due to cough/breathlessness.
Interferance in day today activity by cough/breathless.
Any triger observed by patient.
Any concern regarding drug use.
On the basis of above information ,doctor can step up,step down or continue same treatment.
If asthma not controlled,then step treatment
If asthma partly controlled ,then consider stepping up treatment.
If asthma well controlled for three months ,then step down treatment is recommended. The goal is to maintain control with minimum treatment.
Monitoring is still reccomended even after control is achieved,as asthma is a variable disease,treatment has to be adjusted periodically.
My 6 months old daughter is pooping 7 times a day. Little by little. I'm giving her cerelac rice, nan pro 2, apple juice. Wat should I do?
My children 6, 4 years old girl and boy they aren't eating properly not interesting to eat food, fruits. What can we do?
What is the correct age for babies to stop breastfeed? does weaning increase weight? best solid food for babies?
Hai doctors, my baby is three and half month old. Always he is keeping his leg fingers are bend. Is it normal. When I checked wth doctor he told it will be normal. I'm realy worried. Please suggest me.
Hi, My daughter is 8 years old and she is too adamant and not at all listening to us these days. As she is only child we ourselves gave her of freedom initially before 5 years and get whatever she wants. But it came back to us now. That too, My husband will be out of station most of the times and handling my daughter being working mother is too difficult and it is very hard for me to try different things to calm down her. Also, she is behaving in the same way in public and keep up on crying. I have avoided these days to go out these days. Not even one day w came back home in happy mood. She will be very good and suddenly, she will tell that my legs are paining and will start to cry. I will try a lot top convince her but she will not. Do not know how to proceed and her studies is also getting affected because of this. Please tell me some ways to handle her or do we need to consult doctor?
Sir,my 2 years old daughter start crying at midnight daily we don't know the reason for that ,please give some treatment for this problem ?
My 1 yrs & 11 month child suffering congenital torticollis in right neck please advised any non surgical treatment for recovery. Regards
My wife gave birth to male baby two weeks ago but baby is dead 2 day ago her breast is pains to much because of milk she don't want to take out the milk with any another process she want me to take feeding from her breast ,she say that she well feed me with her breast milk is it ok to take feedings from her breast? It urgent answer me fast.
You look your best when you wear a smile on your face. Everyone prefers a smiling face over a frowned one. Since we are talking about smiles, one can never underestimate the role that teeth play in the beauty of a smile. Dental hygiene and care is mandatory if you wish to secure your beautiful smile for years to come.
However, the global statistics for dental care suggests that we do not care enough for our teeth. 60-90% of children who are in school and almost every adult suffer from dental cavities. Dental cavities are pretty common nowadays. And yellowing of teeth can now be seen in almost every other person. It spoils the smile and makes people conscious. By ensuring a few dental care habits in your daily routine lives, you can avoid yellow teeth.
Let us discuss the tips and tricks to avoid yellowing of teeth:
- Say no to specific foods: Yellowing of teeth is caused by food choices including coffee, red wine, sodas, juices, sports drinks, white wine, coloured candies and other artificially coloured foods. It will help if these foods are consumed in less quantity and frequency as they are the major contributors towards discoloration of teeth.
- Water after every coloured drink: Here is a habit that you must inculcate in your routine, whenever you consume any of the above mentioned food items. Post every drink or food intake which can cause tooth-staining, top it up with a glass of water. When you swirl or gargle the water in your mouth, you remove the acids that get accumulated in your mouth. It is one of the simplest preventive measures one can implement to avoid tooth stains.
- Dental Hygiene: Our parents and dentists kept reminding us all the time to brush twice a day and gargle with water post every food intake but did we listen to them as kids? No we did not. Proper brushing, flossing and going for dental checkups at regular intervals are sure shot ways to keep your teeth healthy for majority of your lifetime. One must develop these habits quite early in life to gain benefits from it.
- Whiten those Yellow teeth: You might be at that stage of your life where inculcating the above mentioned habits won't do much good. The damage might already have been done. Your teeth are probably yellowish already and you have a history of dental cavities. In this 21st century, there are ways to whiten your teeth artificially with the many alternatives available in the market. One can opt for a solution, which can be done at home itself or go for a laser whitening which is now possible at a dentist clinic.
So there is still hope for those who are unable to share that smile with the world due to the yellowing of teeth. Nothing is irreparable here and the health of your teeth lies in your hand.
Are you looking for an ideal treatment and management for various kinds of headaches? Do you suffer from migraine headaches? You should opt for Ayurvedic treatment, which is considered to be very effective in dealing with headaches of various types.
Migraine is a form of headache that is known as Sooryavata according to Ayurvedic principles. Such headaches worsen during sunrise, peak during the afternoon and tend to reduce during evening. Migraine occurs because of an excessive stimulation of blood vessels in the brain. A person affected with migraine is likely to experience nausea and vomiting, along with a throbbing headache on one side of the head. Migraine headaches can be caused due to hormonal changes, allergy from certain food items or excess stress. Apart from regular exercises and a proper diet, the most effective Ayurvedic remedies for dealing with migraine headaches are as follows:
- Shirolepa or the applications of herbal pastes on the head is effective for pacifying pitta dosha. Camphor, jatasmansi, and sandalwood are also effective.
- Shiro Dhara, an Ayurvedic therapy, where a thin stream of liquid is poured over your scalp is helpful.
- Taila dhara is effective for migraine headaches as well, in which oils such as chandanadi taila and ksheerabala taila are used for treatment.
Cluster headaches refer to headaches on one side of the head. It is known as Suryavartham according to Ayurveda. These consist of a series of short, but painful headaches, stretched over weeks or months together. Such headaches occur because of disruptions in the nervous system. Usually, the pain starts early in the morning in the eyes. There are several Ayurvedic remedies for the management of cluster headaches. Some of them are as follows:
- Use an ointment or paste made of dried ginger and Kermpferia.
- Use a paste of Indian aloe vera, asafoetida and coriander for pain relief.
- Grind cumin seeds and mix it with lemon juice. Keep the mixture on the painful area of your head for quick relief.
- Have coconut water.
Any form of headache, which tends to reoccur after some time instead of ending is referred to as recurrent headache. There are several Ayurvedic remedies for the effective management of recurrent headaches. They as are as follows:
- Boil one teaspoon of haritaki powder in water and drink it.
- Massage your neck gently using warm calamus root oil.
- Lie down with your nostrils parallel to the ceiling, and apply sesame oil in your nostrils. This is known as nasal therapy.
There are several other Ayurvedic remedies that are effective in dealing with all forms of headaches. You should consult an Ayurvedic practitioner for getting the most ideal remedy for your problem.
Hello doctor, Anyone ever gone into labour without baby's head being engaged? Because my baby is not yet engaged and I don't want to do c-section. Please reply me.
Junk food can be appealing for a variety of reasons, including convenience, price and taste. For children, who do not always understand the health consequences of their eating habits, junk food may appear especially appetizing. However, regularly consuming fattening junk food can be addictive for children and lead to complications like obesity, chronic illness, low self-esteem and even depression, as well as affecting how they perform in school and extracurricular activities.