Find numerous Pediatricians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Pediatricians with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. KalpeshYour feedback matters!
My baby 20 months old. At 18 moths DPT vaccine given but at injection site inside swelling still appear 180 days gone from injection date. Starting it was big now it is small but we had doubt is it normal? Is it gone itself? Please advise. Thank You.
Hi Doctor, My 4 years son has fever since six days. It was at 104.6 the first three days (lowest being 100, during that time) now the maximum has come down to 101 since day before but its still there. He also has sore throat and vomits once everyday (either morning after having milk or post dinner after medicines). Please advice if we should start with the antibiotics. What should be the line of action. Thanks.
My daughter is 13 years old, she is using Nivea Cream but want to use sunscreen now, she is playing basket ball also. Please answer the best sunscreen for her sensitive skin for daily use.
Hello doctor. Please answer my question. I taken my baby for fever checkup and doctor recommended blood test. Then I went to private lab for blood checkup of my baby. There lab technician has taken syringe and then break its needle by twisting needle and thereafter used that needle to draw blood from hand of baby. My concern is when she is twisting needle it might happen she prick needle to her also and thereafter use it to draw blood of baby. Can this scenario spreads hiv, hepatitis b and hepatitis c. What are the chances of risk if she prick herself and then used to draw blood? Is this technique of breaking needle from syringe to draw blood is used for drawing blood?
I am going to get my daughter (11 months old) TCV (Typhoid) vaccinated but before that I heard this is very effective but after shot, fever is there with twice compare to others vaccines. Are there any more concerns shall I be worried about and shall I get my daughter vaccinated? please advice.
My baby is 4.5 moths old. She is having lots of cough. We went to a Doctor and he gave me medicine and said put a warm cloth on the chest of the baby i'm doing that from 2 days. But today in her poo I found some blood. Like when the girls are having mensuration that sticky blood. I'm quit worried for this.
My son is 8 years old. Before 3 year he undergo through open heart surgery due to asd hole by birth. That time his weight was 25 kg. Now his weight is 45 kg. He is continously gaining weight after surgery. His vocal cord pitch is also very high. What is cause and reason? For treatment whom to consult.
Having a baby is a beautiful experience and it is important for first time parents to learn the ropes of taking care of a newborn. A mother should consider getting help after the birth of the child as that particular time period can be overwhelming and hectic to take care of the baby all alone. You can get started by nursing your child by taking assistance from specialists and nurses who tell you how to change the clothes of the baby, hold the baby and how to take care of your baby.
How to take care of a newborn
You can hire a maid who can help you look after your baby. If you have relatives, you can request them to help you out. It is important to keep the following things in mind while taking care of a baby.
- Babies are susceptible to infection quickly and hence it is necessary that we wash our hands properly with a hand sanitiser before carrying the baby.
- Make sure you carry the baby properly by providing the infant with proper support below the neck and head. The same rules apply while laying the baby down in the cradle.
- Do not shake the baby vigorously, even by mistake, as it can cause bleeding in the brain of the baby, which can cause death.
- Any member of the household should not throw the baby in the air or try any rough play as a newborn baby is not ready for it.
- Sponge bath should be given to the baby until the umbilical cord falls off and only after the navel heals totally. It can take about 1–4 weeks for this to happen.
- It is very vital that you use clean diapers for your baby, and if the diaper is wet, it must be removed immediately to avoid any rash in and around the genital area. It is important that the genital area is cleaned well by the use of cotton balls and water.
- In case you are using cloth diapers, then it is advisable that you clean it with detergents that are fragrance free.