Find numerous General Physicians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find General Physicians with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. KabinratheYour feedback matters!
Glucose is the primary ingredient within the body, which is turned into an energy source. This is what we use when we move, walk or make the slightest movements. To metabolize glucose into energy, our body needs insulin, which is a hormone produced within the pancreas. However, if the body doesn't react to the insulin or the pancreas is unable to produce enough, glucose cannot be converted into energy and thus results in type 2 diabetes.
Symptoms of type 2 diabetes:
- Sudden or gradual weight loss despite increased hunger - Many people complain that they feel hungry and eat more, but despite this the tend to lose weight. This occurs as the body cannot metabolize glucose and uses energy reserves from fat or muscles leading to weight loss.
- Frequent infections and slow healing - If you are afflicted with type 2 diabetes, then it might affect your immune system and you may be prone to infections. Also, any cuts or bruises on your body will take much longer to heal than normal.
- Irritability and fatigue - Another common symptom of type 2 diabetes along with the other symptoms mentioned here is quick irritability and fatigue. This is because most of the body is deprived of sugar and thus lacks the energy needed to function normally.
- Constant thirst and increased urination - If you feel constantly thirsty despite drinking ample water and urinating frequently, this may be a tell tale sign of type 2 diabetes.
- Skin darkening in folds and creases of the body - Also known as acanthosis nigricans; this is known darkening of the skin where it also becomes velvety to the touch. It usually develops in the folds of skin in areas, such as the neck and armpits and is a direct result of insulin resistance.
Causes of type 2 diabetes:
Some of the most common causes of type 2 diabetes could be:
- Being overweight
- Lack of physical activity
- Genetic predisposition or family history
- If you are more than 45 years of age
- Hormonal problems such as Polycystic ovarian syndrome
Treatment or management of type 2 diabetes:
In most cases, major lifestyle changes can easily keep the symptoms of type 2 diabetes in check although, in certain cases medications may also be required. Some of the steps necessary are as follows:
- Change in diet and healthy eating
- Physical activity and exercising
- Regular blood sugar monitoring and
- Blood sugar medication along with insulin therapy, if necessary
I have been getting fever daily by 6 in the evening then I take medicine n do not get to eat anything.
I have constipation for as long as fourteen year and after taking allopathy and homeopathy medicine there is no sign of cure of it. What can I do now?
I am suffering from jock itch, ringworms appears in between inner thighs, skin color change to red and in some part it black I feel itching and burning sensation very badly. I live in Delhi and temperature here was cold but During night I'm not able to sleep because of burning sensation and itching. Please suggest some medicine for instant relief so I can sleep at night. And also suggest something to cure this.
Hi doctor when I do sex with my partner then I feel in my private part mai jalan sa feel karti hu ar kabhi kabhi mujhe dard bhi feel hota h karte time jis wajah se phir mera man nahi karta sex karne ka kahi mujhe koi problem toh nahi h main kya karu DR.
Sir I am 22 years old boy my height is only 168 cm. how can I grow my height naturally? and is that possible to grow height after that age? I workout on daily basis. And I also suffering from the problem of masturbation. I feel guilty after I does masturbation and than feel weakness. I heard that semen contains vitamins and other important minerals useful for body. please clear my doubt abt that. Thank you.
My brother is having brain stroke. What should be lifestyle for him and what supplement should he take? Thanks in advance.
I didn't take proper sleep. It's been 2 days and I think for this reason I am suffering from constipation, I have tried so many things, I took ishabhgol but failed what should I do.
Rhinoplasty, more commonly known as Nose-Job, is a cosmetic procedure designed to change the shape and size of the nose.
A Rhinoplasty can effectively change the size and shape of the nose to complement the facial balance. It also helps improve nasal symmetry efficiently enhancing your facial features.
How is the surgery performed?
We prefer General Anaesthesia for the surgery to make patient pain free and most comfortable. It’s a Day-care procedure or may need overnight stay.
The operation involves an incision which is made for easy access to the cartilage and bones of the nose. These incisions are generally placed inside the nose, so that they do not appear as scar marks after the surgery is done. Moulding, removal or replacement of the bone or cartilage depends on the demands of the restructuring of the nose. Once the reshaping of the nose is done, the nose tissue is put back into place and a splint is temporarily placed to support the new structure of the nose. The splint is removed at 5-7 days.
Precautions to take after a nose surgery
After a nose surgery, the area around your nose will stay swollen and bruised for around 10-15 days. Thus you have to ensure that-
You get adequate period of rest.
Use cold compresses over the swollen face, this will reduce the swelling and ease the pain.
Do not indulge in relatively vigorous physical activity for 15 days.
Take you medicines regularly.
Risks of nose surgery
Every surgery or medical procedure involves certain risks, and so does Rhinoplasty. Along with some puffiness and ` around the eye and nose region, you may also experience-
Some amount of bleeding
Injury to the septum area
Irritation of the skin and skin problems
Nasal blockage due to swelling in the inner nasal area
Complications resulting from anaesthesia
Although there are certain risks to Rhinoplasty, the surgery is considerably safe if done by a qualified expert plastic surgeon and the results are quite permanent.