Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. K K PanickerYour feedback matters!
Sir after yesterday intercourse between me and my wife, my wife got bleeding due to rupture of hymen. So what should we do now? please tell in details.
Copper t is very harmful And most side effect are occurs So tel me sir best contraceptive method in now a days.
I'm 28 years old female and used feminol to regularise my periods as I have pcos. But doctor advised me to take pills for three month as I went to yoga and with an intention to treat naturally I stopped taking pills for third month. Does it make any difference.
My daughter 17 years having period since 20 days though the flow is less. Suggest the medicine to stop it.
Hello doctor please suggest me in my right breast discharge white liquid little more only and one time yesterday. This not serious doctor.
From my left breast nipple sticky discharge leaking its very sticky, without pressing it comes automatically when I feel wet I coming to know the nipple discharge and me having left hip join pain severely.
My daughter is 13 year old in 2015 she started their periods first three month she have normal periods after that she stop their periods I start their ayurvedic treatment but still she don't start their periods she diagnose pcocd in overy what time she take to normalize their periods.
Hello doctor, I am pregnant of 4 months and my age is 24 and weight is 43. Can any one suggest me good diet chart in order to gain my weight. And also I want to know do I really need to gain my weight? Is it very less? As every one in my family always keep telling me to increase my weight. Thank you.
Iam 39 year old. I married before 1. 5 years. We are trying for baby but not yet conceive. My husband age is 40 years. We are not concern with the doc. Yet please help me out
Hello Doctor! I guess I'm suffering from vaginal infection but I'm not sure that it's yeast infection or BV. I am having swelling, irritation, burning sensation, itching on the surface and there is a discharge of white (lil bit yellow) thick stuff like butter as well and it's not smelly. Please prescribe medicine as I don't want to go to any random doctor as I don't know any doctor here. I also used coconut oil to stop itchiness and it helped.
When I have sex with my husband, immediately I get periods when there is still 4 to 5 days time for the periods to come. Please suggest me.
I am 44 years old, my wife" s age is 34 years old, we have married since 8 years but my wife has no a baby till date. Today I gave my semen to srl pathology for analysis. The result are follows, Volume of semen --3.0ml. Colour- creamy white Appearance --- opaque liquefaction time- 20 min. Reaction -- alkaline Total sperm count --62 Actively motile ---55% Slug. Motile- 20% Non-motile ---------25% Normal spermatozoa --74% Abnormal spermatozoa --26% Pus cells (semen) ------- 0-2 Rbc (semen) --------------- nil Can I conceive my wife in the above analysis? Please tell me what can I do. Please describe the problems in the above analysis. Thanking you, With regards Ajit kumar pattanaik.
I am 46 years female and I have few problems with my monthly periods. Sometimes the bleeding is heavy for few days and later and then with little flow it goes on till 10 to 12 days and before my periods by breast becomes hard pls advice.
My wife is 2 months 3 days pregnant and she eat food and have vomiting and she has stomach pain is this is common.
I'm married for five months and I calculate my ovulation using BBT and P Tracker. It said my ovulation was on 7th nov. We had contact on 5th, 6th and 9th nov. Now I found some white discharge in small. Is it mean that every thing came out. Can I get pregnant.
Foods to avoid in case of acidity:
Spicy foods and thick curry or gravy containing red chilly.
Citrus fruits such as oranges and grapefruit as they are high in acid.
Full fat dairy products such as sour cream, cheese or ice cream.
Coffee, tea, chocolate and soft drinks.
Peas, beans, broccoli and cabbage.
Tomatoes and onions.
Raw salad vegetables like onion, radish, cabbage, and peppers.
Carbonated beverage which stimulate the stomach and irritate the esophagus.
Diet modifications advised for acidity and dates, figs, apple, papaya and pomegranate can be added to the diet.
Carrot leaves, celery leaves and curry leaves are helpful in controlling acidity. Vegetables like carrot and beet root are good for relieving acidity.
Spices like cumin seeds, coriander and cardamom should be taken.
Include barley, jowar and wheat in food.
A glass of cold milk is also helpful.
Almonds are also a good remedy for relieving heartburn and acidity.
Take some mint leavesand chop these, then boil in a cup of water and sip slowly after meals.
Eating bananas is also helpful in preventing the symptoms of acidity. Basil (tulsi) leaves help to get relief from burning, nausea and gas.
Eating cucumber or watermelon is useful to fight against acidity.
Ginger is useful for digestive disorders.
Drink 10-12 glasses of water daily.
Drink 1-2 glasses of lukewarm water early morning relieves from acidity.
Should not lie down soon after having meal.
Eat small meals in small intervals based on whole foods such as fruits, vegetables, whole grain cereals and proteins such as chicken breast and eggs.
Having a problem related to intimicy may make a person withdraw into his or her shell. For many men, it is difficult to talk about the issue. Yet, there are a number of sexual problems that may afflict men at some point or the other, and it is important to get these problems dealt with, in a proper manner, with the intervention of a medical practitioner.
Read on to know more about diagnosing sexual problems for men.
Physical Examination: To begin the diagnosis of any issue, the medical health practitioner will first of all, conduct a detailed physical examination that will help in unravelling a variety of details. One of the biggest things that can determine the diagnosis is the possibility of the presence or risk of any other ailment which can give the treatment method a whole new perspective. With the help of lab tests centred around the blood and urine samples, as well as skin tests, the doctor will conduct the physical examination. Also, a check-up of the vitals and the specific regions of the body will be thoroughly conducted in terms of texture, reflexes, stimulation and more. The doctor will also check for vascular diseases, neurological ailments and other such chronic ailments that may have remained undiagnosed.
Psychological Factors: Many sexual problems encountered by any member of the opposite sex can be attributed to pressing psychological problems that can shape the sex life of the patient in an adverse manner. Therefore, the doctor will also consider evaluating the issue on a psychological level. The medical practitioner may ask the patient to pay a visit to a sexologist or a psychiatrist in order to find out the root cause of any underlying stress, anxiety or even relationship issues that may be fuelling the problem at hand.
Penile Branchial Index: With the help of this test, the doctor will be able to check the blood pressure levels in the penis, which can further help in diagnosing conditions that have to do with penile vascular disorders. Papaverine is an erecting inducing element that will be administered as a test dose to begin with. Thereafter, the penis will be monitored so as to check for normal reactions and any anomalies. A contrast dye may also be employed during this exam where its insertion into an artery can help in taking an X-ray of the region. This will help in detecting any leaks in the vascular system, which may have led to conditions like erectile dysfunction. In order to go conduct proper diagnosis, the patient will have to find a reliable doctor with whom he can discuss all kinds of symptoms and discomfort.
Sir, my wife is always suffering from stomach pain, and back bone ache, when she is from menstruation, bloods are going very much, she is suffering from pain a lot.
Self-awareness (sometimes also referred to as self-knowledge or introspection) about understands your own needs, desires, failings, habits, and everything else that makes you tick. The more you know about yourself, the better you are at adapting life changes that suit your needs.
Why does self-awareness matter?
Self-awareness is the key cornerstone to emotional intelligence, according to daniel goleman. The ability to monitor our emotions and thoughts from moment to moment is key to understanding ourselves better, being at peace with who we are and proactively managing our thoughts, emotions, and behaviors.
In addition, self-aware people tend to act consciously rather than react passively, to be in good psychological health and to have a positive outlook on life. They also have greater depth of life experience and are more likely to be more compassionate to themselves and others.
5 ways to cultivate self-awareness:
1. Create some space for yourself. When you are in a dark room without windows, it is fairly difficult to see things clearly. The space you create for yourself is that crack on the wall where you allow light to come through. Leave yourself some time and space every day – perhaps first thing in the morning or half an hour before sleep when you stay away from the digital distractions and spend some time with yourself, reading, writing, meditating, and connecting with yourself.
2. Practice mindfulness. Mindfulness is the key to self-awareness. Jon kabat-zinn defines mindfulness as “paying attention in a particular way, on purpose, in the present moment, non-judgmentally”. Through mindfulness practice, you will be more present with yourself so that you can “be there” to observe what’s going on inside and around you. It is not about sitting cross-legged or suppressing your thoughts. It is about paying attention to your inner state as they arise. You can practice mindfulness at any time you want, through mindful listening, mindful eating or walking.
3. Keep a journal: writing not only helps us process our thoughts but also makes us feel connected and at peace with ourselves. Writing can also create more headspace as you let your thoughts flow out onto paper. Research shows that writing down things we are grateful for or even things we are struggling with helps increase happiness and satisfaction. You can also use the journal to record your inner state. Try this at home –choose a half day on a weekend, pay close attention to your inner world – what you are feeling, what you are saying to yourself, and make a note of what you observe every hour. You may be surprised about what you write down!
4. Practice being a good listener. Listening is not the same as hearing. Listening is about being present and paying attention to other people’s emotions, body movement and language. It is about showing empathy and understanding without constantly evaluating or judging. When you become a good listener, you will also be better at listening to your own inner voice and become the best friend of yourself.
5. Gain different perspectives: ask for feedback. Sometimes we can be too afraid to ask what others think of us – yes sometimes the feedback may be biased or even dishonest but you will be able to differentiate them from real, genuine and balanced feedback as you learn more about yourself and others. Research has shown conducting 360 degree feedback in workplace is a useful tool to improve managers’ self-awareness. We all have blind spots, so it is helpful to gain different perspective to see a fuller picture of ourselves.
Self-awareness, as “arguably the most fundamental issue in psychology, from both a developmental and an evolutionary perspective”, is a rich and complicated subject. As human beings, we may never fully understand ourselves, if there is such a destination. But perhaps it is the journey of exploring, understanding and becoming ourselves that makes life worth living.