Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Surrogacy
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Management of Postnatal Care
Adiana System Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. K K PanickerYour feedback matters!
Epilepsy is a common illness and therefore, we commonly encounter women with epilepsy (WWE), who are either pregnant or contemplating pregnancy. There are a lot of apprehensions and misconceptions regarding managing epilepsy in this group of WWE. Here, I wish to highlight some of the important aspects of managing epilepsy in women who are planning a pregnancy or are currently pregnant.
1. If a woman is seizure-free for at least two years, she can consider withdrawing anti-epileptic drugs (aeds) under the supervision of neurologist, and then plan for pregnancy.
2. If a woman has seizures, it is better to continue aeds during pregnancy, as the risk to the baby is several times higher with seizures, as compared to that with aeds.
3. Sodium valproate has the highest risk to the developing baby, and it should be avoided in pregnancy.
4. Aeds such as levetiracetam, lamotrigine, oxcarbazepine, topiramate, etc are safe and may be continued during pregnancy.
5. The lowest effective dose of aed should be used.
6. Try to use only a single anti-epileptic drug, if possible.
7. Folic acid vitamin supplements should be used in pregnancy.
8. The dose of anti-epileptic medication may have to be increased during the last three months of pregnancy.
9. Ct scan of the brain should be avoided, as far as possible, during pregnancy, as radiation exposure due to it may harm the baby.
10. Mri brain is reasonably safe for baby, especially after the first three months of pregnancy. So, if needed, it may be performed.
Whenever my husband make relation (intercourse) with me I feel itchy (jalan). Like somebody pour something like chilly. And I am unable to make relation with him please send me the remedy or how to get rid of this. I shall be thankful to you.
Some of the homeopathic remedies for fever are:
- Aconite: This is for fever with restlessness and anxiety. The patient is seen with an increased thirst for cold water and intolerable body aches. Aconite is considered in fevers which have increased post sudden exposure to cold winds.
- Bryonia Alba: This is used in fever with body aches. A person with a fever might want to lie down all the time in order to get relief from the body aches and even the slightest movement might cause them pain. An increased thirst for water is also seen.
- Nux Vomica: This is a holistic cure for fever with shivering. This is made of natural substances and is of great help in cases of shivering and chilliness. A person with this fever might want to remain covered all the time.
- Gelsemium: This natural remedy is very beneficial for fever where the patients suffer from dizziness, weakness and a tendency to faint. This condition is marked by an absence of thirst.
- Rhus Tox: This remedy is considered to be the first choice in people who have fever along with extreme restlessness and body aches. A person experiencing this type of fever might want to remain in motion throughout in order to avoid the restlessness. This remedy is also given for fevers as a result of getting wet in the rain.
- Homeopathic Medicines for Fever with Flu or Influenza type: Influenza is a viral infection and is characterized with sudden fever, cough, pain in eyes, body aches, headaches, and pain in eyes. The homeopathic medicines that are of great help in influenza are Aconite, Gelsemium and Eupatorium Perfoliatum. Aconite is given in influenza when cold air exposure is the cause. This is usually followed by an immediate fever and nasal discharges. Restlessness and anxiety are also seen with fever. Gelsemium is the best cure for a runny nose and sneezing along with pain in head and eyes. The patient might also have drowsiness and weakness. Eupatorium Perfoliatum is of great help in fever with influenza, when the patient has extreme pain. This remedy has no side effects and provides instant relief from pain.
- Homeopathic medicines for fever with malaria: Malaria is characterized by fever accompanied with chills and excessive sweating. The homeopathic medicines for malaria are Gelsemium, Arsenic Album, Nux Vomica and Eupatorium Perfoliatum. The patients who benefit from Gelsemium usually complain of absence of thirst and extreme chilliness. Arsenic Album is of help in people who are easily exhausted and need some water at short intervals. Nux Vomica is for patients who prefer to be covered in warm clothes during heat, cold and sweat.
These are only some of the medicines shared for fever, but is better that one must consult a homeopathic practitioner before popping these medicines, as your doctor will prescribe medicines based on your symptoms, which will vary from person to person.
Married since 1.5 years having baby boy of nine months, I would like to know about taking daily tablets for avoiding pregnancy for at least next two years and have heard its not good to take tablets as it's harmful to the body. Please suggest and share any harmless tablets.
Hi Me and my Wife are planning for a baby. What are the necessary things I should keep in mind. Kindly guide.
My wife is pregnant and now 4 months running. Now pimples are occured in vagina and so much of pain and burning is there. May i know the reason for that and whatis the solution for this.
My wife is 32 years old, she is about 107 kg weight & height 5'5" Also not consuming pregnancy. She is not doing any exercise also. Consulted many doctors about pregnancy but they are saying about test tube baby, which is so costly. What should I do.
I have irregular periods with premature spotting. Flow stops in 3-4 days and overall amount of blood loss is also very less. Seeking guidance. Please advise.
*Avoid excess exposure to the sun
*Drink up to 2 to 3 litres of water
*Don't over-wash your face
*Get adequate sleep
*Eat healthy food, specially vitamin riched vegetables & fruits
*Keep stress away.
Hi I am 24 years recently married missed my periods but preganews test done twice showing negative please guide also what to do if pregnant we are not planning baby for next 3 years.
6 pregnancy complications you need to know about
The biggest wish of a to be mother's mind is a smooth and safe pregnancy. One of the ways you can deliver your baby safely is by being aware of the complications that may arise during this period and taking precautionary measures to reduce your chances of developing them.
Here are the 6 pregnancy complications that you need to know about?
Preeclampsia is a condition that normally occurs after the 20th week and is characterized by high blood pressure, kidney abnormalities and the presence of protein in your urine. Most of the time, symptoms are mild, which can be easily resolved with proper care. But the condition can progress quickly, causing several of your organs to not function properly and even proving to be life-threatening.
2. Gestational diabetes
Gestational diabetes happens when hormonal changes during this period hamper your body's use of insulin. As a consequence, the insulin hormone is unable to normalize blood sugar levels, leading to abnormally high blood sugar levels. While the condition is not usually a cause of concern for the mother, it can pose several health problems for the baby, more specifically, the occurrence of macrosomia (a condition wherein the baby has an abnormal body weight).
3. Premature labor
You're said to suffer from premature labor or preterm labor if you experience regular contractions that lead to your cervix dilating and effacing before the 37th week. Preterm birth can prove dangerous for the baby, not to mention make it prone to several health problems. In order for it stay alive and be healthy, you child needs to reach its full maturity before birth.
4. Ectopic pregnancy
When the fetus develops outside the womb, more specifically in the fallopian tube, a condition known as ectopic pregnancy is said to occur. It is highly important to put a stop to this pregnancy complication as it the developing embryo might bring about the rupturing of the fallopian tube, and may result in internal bleeding.
5. Placenta previa
The condition of placenta previa sees your placenta occupying a very low position in the uterus, most commonly, adjacent to or over your cervix. If the placenta continues to be at this position during the whole course of the pregnancy, it can lead to bleeding as well as other complications.
6. Low amniotic fluid
It is the fluid-filled amniotic sac that supports and protects your baby in the womb. It is said that about 4% of pregnant women worldwide experience low amniotic fluid levels during their pregnancy. This condition is also known as oligohydramnios. When this happens, labor is usually induced as you come close to the end of your pregnancy.
My question is recently I got married about 50 days ago I had daily intercourse with my wife 2-3 times a day. Now she is pregnant but I still having intercourse with her. Now I heard having a intercourse with pregnant women will effect the baby. Is it true or not. Please give me perfect information about it. And also suggest what kind of treatment should be better for her. Thanks.
Hello Dr. My wife is 1.5 month pregnant. Actually I stay on forth floor and there is no lift so is it OK to step up and step down during this period?
My wife is suddenly suffer period pause problem, I have test prega news but test is negative, please recommend medicine.
M on hormonal pill estranon for having cyst in my left ovary. I had my periods on 3 rd of this month n from then m taking this medicine. N today I had intercourse though it was protected but I feel something entered inside maybe. Does this pill works as contraceptive or do I have to take another oral contraceptive?
Avoid keeping mobile phone under pillow in night. It is the night time mobile will be near to brain then day time. One simple tip to avoid radiation waves by mobile phones.
Hi, I am 29 years old woman my husband finds less interest in me he is obsessed with big round butts and breast of foreign girls and expected the same from me kindly assist how can I get a voluptuous figure like a foreign model.
Many couples have complained that their inability to conceive is as a result of the sperm seeping out of the vagina after intercourse. Do you have a similar problem? Then read on.
This is an issue I will tackle objectively in this article. I have outlined some simple steps below that can be followed to reduce or if possible eliminate sperm leakages.
Make sure the vaginal canal is clean of any artificial lubricants as these slow down sperm and also encourage leakage of sperm.
Woman should pee (urinate) shortly before intercourse so that she can have time to relax after the show.
It is important that couples engage in foreplay so that the woman can reach orgasm especially when trying to be pregnant because the muscle spasm that goes along with orgasm can help pull the sperm into the uterus. Foreplay also helps the man to have a more exciting intercourse that promotes very powerful orgasm that will result in the production of a higher sperm count.
Be sure to get into positions that will permit the sperm to remain inside the vagina longer. The missionary style allows for deeper penetrations and allows sperm stay longer this is a highly advisable position to use. If it is discovered that the woman has tilted cervix then a rear entry is ideal for the man.
Some of the leakages are due to gravity. Avoid positions that allows for the sperm to leak out such as the woman being or top or some other positions where it is likely that sperm may leak out.
Time the thrust that will release the sperm and make sure that ejaculation occurs while the penis is deep inside. After ejaculation, the man should not stand up and remain till his member goes flaccid after which he can rise up.
The woman should place a pillow under her hips to elevate her pelvis. And should remain like that for at least 30 minutes. This will allow the sperm have a enough time to swim downwards into the cervix rather than leaking out.
Honestly you would have reduced sperm leakages by 90% if you attach importance to this article. Try the 7 steps above and you would have taken a bold step to improving your chances of conceiving this month.