Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Jyoti DalalYour feedback matters!
2. For decreasing pain try to do simple calf stretches and leg stretches for few minutes before walking.
3. Also try doing back and abdominal or core strengthening exercises. It will help leg and back pain immediately.
5. Posture plays a very vital role. Keep that tummy muscles tight and back straight while walking or doing daily chores.
6. Get enrolled in a yoga or stretching exercise program to keep up motivation.
I am a 16 year old female. My period was really weird this time. I bled very lightly all throughout. Is it normal?
⦁ Spread:Fever or flu or infuenza, in most cases is a communicable illness spread by water or airborne viruses called Hemophilus Influenzae a & b. From the name itself they love(-philus) blood(hemo-). Hence they need a body to attach to where they grow & thrive. They are found in air & droplets too, from where they are inhaled by us and then spread too, while sneezing or breathing close to any infected person.
⦁ The Flu Virus: By structure, viruses are a organism that can change their morphology as & when they desire. And the flu virus does this every 4-5 months, or every season change. Hence the immunity that the body develops while recovering from the previous season's flu attack is lost by the time the season changes again because the body does not recognize the new changed structure of the virus.
⦁ Flu vaccine: Hence the Flu vaccination is different every 6 month and must be taken every 6 months(with every new season) since it needs to be updated to immunize you to the latest viral strains. But even with the vaccine it offers you only 60-70% protection, since it is biologically impossible to predict the variations the virus undergoes and produce a response to it accordingly.
⦁ Dengue Virus: As with the case of the flu virus, the Dengue virus also loves blood, particularly Platelets. So the virus needs blood to live in, and flourish, and whenever the virus attacks, it affiliates to the platelets(cells which cause clotting and stop any bleeding), because they share the same morphology. Hence the Dengue virus penetrates the platelets, causing them to burst and die eventually.
⦁ Fever: (means high temperature> 37.5'c or 98.5'F)This is the response produced by the body to the flu virus. It means the White Blood Cells(cells that fight infections) in your body are activated and running around to fight a war with the Flu or Dengue Virus. It produces multiple other changes like shivering, feeling cold, generation of heat to make the virus unable to thrive, to ward off the virus.
⦁ Symptoms: Body pains, colds, sore throat, cough is usually suggestive of a Flu virus, as it damages/infects the passage where it enters from (nose, throat). However a fever with severe pain, described as deep/bone pain with red skin spots (rashes) all over the body, headache and vomiting can sometimes measure upto be a Dengue virus, or might even be just a flu virus.
⦁ Labs: When should you test yourself in fever? Though blood tests sometimes come negative for Dengue symptomatic patients, any patient with fever more than 2-3 days must be tested for a blood count & Dengue. But these can be falsely negative if done in the first 1-2 days of the illness, and sometimes even when the patient seems symptomatic of Dengue symptoms.
⦁ Treatment: The most common treatment any Physician would advise would be to take a Paracetamol tablets (500mg, 650mg, four times upto 1g thrice daily for adults), depending your fever and age. This is a symptomatic treatment for fever and also helps in all the body pains.In Dengue usually a patient tends to have thrombocytopenia(fall in platelets), hence needs monitoring closely for this, and if required a blood transfusion at later stages as platelets drop. A drop in platelets would mean inadequecy of the body to deal with bleeding, and hence patients need to be closely monitored. As the heat in the body (fever) causes body's water to lose, it may cause extreme lethargy, weakness and dizziness. This important issue must be solved by giving lots of (extra) water to the patient, either orally or in the form of drips (IV). Preparing water with a sachet of ORS (Electral powder) can enhance the body's natural composition of water better and help in speedy recovery.
Take care and do get in touch with me at www.healthist.io where you can video call and consult from anywhere and get an opinion on your health concerns. Try it for free, use doctor code 157.
Oral sex is a form of sexual activity, which involves the arousal of one's genitalia by his/her partner using the mouth (tongue, lips and throat). It is also called Cunnilingus (performed on a female) and fellatio (performed on a male). It is done before intercourse and during foreplay for sexual arousal. It is safe as compared to vaginal or anal sex, the rate of getting a STDs (sexually transmitted diseases) or HIV is comparatively lower.
Oral sex can spice up your life and can also make your partner reach orgasm. It is also a safe way of getting sexual pleasure without getting pregnant. But necessary precautions must be taken in order to have safe oral sex.
Some of these necessary precautions are:
- You can get throat cancer from oral sex: Human papillomavirus (HPV) is a cancerous virus found in the body of infected people. This virus can be transmitted to the person with whom you are engaging in oral sex. Studies show that people who engage with more than 6 sexual partners at once are more prone to get oral cancer. It is advisable to get your partner tested for HPV virus before engaging in oral sex.
- Oral sex also causes stress: Oral sex is generally related to hygiene, therefore the partner can be self conscious and worried about his/her genital hygiene. If oral sex is performed on a daily basis, some people prefer to wax their pubic hair often. This is harmful because it can cause red bumps and burning sensation occurs. It is advisable to trim your pubic hair and wash it properly before engaging in oral sex.
- A condom should be worn by the male during oral sex so that there is no risk of male fluid entering the woman's body.
- A latex, which is made into a thin sheet called dental dam can be used on the vagina or anus. This creates a thin barrier between the mouth and the genitalia. Hence, chances of getting infected by sexually transmitted diseases are greatly reduced.
Oral sex can be pleasurable and fun, but the risks of getting sexually transmitted diseases like herpes, gonorrhea and crabs is not altogether misplaced. So it is advisable to use proper protection and to maintain hygiene before engaging in oral sex. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a sexologist.