Find numerous Pediatricians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Pediatricians with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Jyoti C SuvarnaYour feedback matters!
My daughter in age of 9 month is having fever from last 3 days and yesterday night she becomes silence (behosh ho gayi)(even not crying). What to do?
A mother's prime focus always is how to ensure that her child is happy and comfortable, especially when the child is too small. One of the problems which bothers many mothers who are bringing up really small children, is diaper rash. Sensitive skin, tight diaper and prolonged contact with feces and urine etc are common reasons for diaper rash or irritant diaper dermatitis.
Here are few tips to avoid diaper rash and ensuring your child is always comfortable.
1. Careful with wash: if you are using a cloth diaper, be extra careful in washing such that there is no soap remaining in the cloth.
2. Clean well: when bathing your baby, make sure you clean the area covered by diaper with a mild soap and do not rub the area while drying, since the skin is sensitive.
3. Remove soiled diaper instantly: this is the most important. However busy you are, you need to aware of the times when the diaper/cloth has been soiled. And when soiled, the diaper has to be changed at the earliest. Do not keep your baby in the diaper for all hours of the day. It is good if they are out of the diaper for some time every day.
4. Keep the diaper loose. Also, ensure that you wash the cotton diapers with fabric softeners and try to avoid wipes altogether as they have strong chemicals in them.
5. Keep a tab on rashes: if your baby does get the rashes, check with the pediatrician at the earliest. Frequent topical applications of a bland protective barrier agent (zinc oxide paste) may suffice to prevent dermatitis. There are also chances of fungal infections. Antifungal creams should be used on advice of a doctor.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on consult.
My daughter is complaining about stomach pain for last two days. This is intermittent. She is 6 years.
My son is 1 and half months old. Only on FM nan pro 1.i want to know when I can introduce semisolid food and cow milk to my baby. As someone says on 4 th month some says we can't give before 1 year. please help as only FM is little bt tough to go outside home.
My son (2.9 years) suffers from stool problem. He doesn't empty his stomach unless the syrup Laxobix is given. This has been going on since 7-8 months. I don't know how to bring him back to natural way.
Hi, My daughter is getting some infection on skin which is not getting well. It starts with a small boil and very next day it turns into shady spot which keeps growing. It is mostly on her legs and it keeps occurring. I consulted with few specialists but still not satisfied with the results. Please help.
Newborn baby2-3 days old only. Today she has 5 stools per day, green in colour. Is it normal? The baby is not taking breast milk. Cz the mother has not started lactating.
Genomic Tests helps to Understand your Child inborn Sports Talents Peak level of Performance and to select Correct Sports or Games ,along with predictable disease risk Management Life style Changes Accordingly
My 16 days old baby is on breast milk but sometimes when he feels hungry I give him formula milk Farex with bottle. I wanna ask, is there any problem to give formula milk n breast milk both? And he is not passing poop from last four days Plzz need urgent help.
Hi, I have 3+ years daughter. She eat very less and weak. Also she under weight. Could you please suggest how we can improve her eating habits. Thanks.
What is ADHD?
ADHD refers to attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder, which is a brain-related condition found among preschoolers, children, teenagers and in many cases extends well into adulthood. These individuals have significant impairment in academics as well as social situations and interpersonal relations. The child has difficulty sustaining attention, phases of hyper activeness and cannot control his/her impulses which make their day to day life at school and home difficult.
The symptoms of this disorder among children can be categorized under three headings.
1.Hyperactivity which includes -
- Fidgets often
- Inability to stay at one place runs around and tries to climb things
- Trouble playing quietly
- Excessive talking
2. Inattention, which can be divided into symptoms like
- Getting easily distracted
- Tendency to loose things
- Facing problems related to organizing things
- Not listening carefully
- Forgetting about daily activities, carelessness
- Interrupts others as they speak and talks out of turn
- Answers questions without listening to what has been asked
- Not being able to wait for their turn to come
10-12% of school children before puberty are affected by one or more types of ADHD. ADHD especially hyperactivity is more prevalent in boys than in girls, with the ratio up to 9:1. Inattention and poor concentration are more commonly seen amongst girls. The rate of ADHD in parents and sibling of children with ADHD is 5-10 times higher than in the general population.
The probable causes of ADHD among children are,
1. Neurodevelopmental changes - Poorly developed activity of the brain particularly in the areas that control attention and concentration cause ADHD. This causes an imbalance in the neurotransmitters or the chemicals important for brain functioning and development.
2. Genetic Factors - genetic studies show that ADHD is largely hereditary in nature with a heritability of 75% approximately.