Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. JoudashahYour feedback matters!
I am suffering from pigmentation on my face lots of jhaiya on my cheeks and nose. I do many things to remove try lots of creams and all. Nothing to do. Plss suggest me any thing who can help me out. Thanks.
If some cuts are there on head after tonsure (full hair cut in tirupati) of a child of 8 months old. What ointment is to be applied.
I used to be fair before but now i'm totally tanned due to heat and pollution don't how will I be in future i'm using fash face wash but there is no result I want a remedy for this problem. Would you please suggest me a correct face wash and face cream please.
I have some white dots on my hand (skin) since 2years. May I know that is this a allergies, please say me the ointment for this. Thanking you.
My father has one kidney and now has 49 grams prostrate we want to cure prostrate please guide. Operation or medicine? and if operation than which type of operation ?
I am married for last two month. My wife have a problem with her breast. She feels some kind of pain in her breast. When we having sex I pressed her boob sometime.
I am 35 years old and have few marks on my face and mole on my neck which seems to be growing is it cancerous. Can this mole be removed and how ?
Hello Sirs and Maams, I have two ugly lines of black patches on both sides of my face on the sides of my nose where my cheeks fold. I have them since childhood and even after doing facial scrubbing it does not fade. Is there any way to remove it? Besides, the portion of my face where beard grows it is very dark complexioned and looks ugly whereas other parts are fair and glowing. Is there any solution to this problem?
1.I'm suffering from skin problem. On my chest and back there are pimples of red color but remains the same size. Become rushing in summers. Not getting any solution. Try a lot of medicines. So all in vain. Some Dr. Says its hormonal. 2.my mother's has thigh to hip pain. Sitting problem all medicines used but all in vain.
Hello. After evening my skin is itching everyday on whole body. I am taking avil, triz and dexona tablets. I have pregnancy since last 1 month. Are these tablets suitable to take in pregnancy period?
One of the most common problems faced by ageing men is benign prostatic hypertrophy. Prostate is the gland at the base of the urethra near the bladder and when it enlarges it can lead to symptoms, mostly related to urination.
1. Frequent urge to pass urine
2. Prolonged urination
3. Frequent nocturnal visits to the toilet
4. Intermittent urination
5. Difficulty to start urinating
6. Inability to completely empty the bladder
7. Urinary tract infections
There are medications available to manage this, but offer only temporary relief. Many men therefore prefer to have the surgery undergone to manage these bothersome symptoms. However, like any surgery, the risks and benefits need to be considered along with other conditions like age, overall health status, other comorbid conditions, etc.
Surgical removal of the enlarged prostate gland is a more definitive approach to manage these symptoms. In addition to providing a quick cure, it also is used in the following cases:
1. Patients who do not respond to medications
2. Presence of blood in the urine
3. Associated bladder stones
4. Frequent infections of the urinary tract
5. Associated damage to the kidneys
Procedure of Surgery
During the procedure, a tube is passed through the tip of the penis into the urethra towards the bladder neck. Once it is in the desired position, laser is passed through it to deliver energy that acts on the prostate to either completely or partially destroy it. There are two methods by which laser acts on the enlarged prostate and making way for free flow of the urine.
1. Ablation: Excess prostate tissue is melted away by the laser by using photosensitive vaporization of the prostate. This is also known as Greenlight laser therapy or KTP laser vaporization. Alternately, Holmium can be used as the source of laser energy to ablate the prostate tissue.
2. Enucleation: Excess prostate tissue is cut and teased out through the urethra. Holmium laser is used to resect the prostate into smaller pieces, which are then removed out through a resectoscope. Another technique uses a tissue morcellator which grinds the enlarged prostate into smaller pieces to enable easy retrieval.
More men now opt for laser prostate removal as it has the following advantages:
1. Reduced risk of bleeding: This becomes essentially important in patients who are on blood thinners.
3. Immediate symptom relief: As compared to medications, the relief is felt almost immediately after the surgery
4. No catheter: With laser surgery, a catheter may be required for less than 24 hours unlike in open surgical cases.
As noted above, as with any surgery, once enlarged prostate symptoms set in, have a detailed discussion with your doctor to identify if you are a suitable candidate for laser surgery. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Urologist.