Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. JohnyYour feedback matters!
HI, After baby birth , when will start sex , can we do sex if recycle not started after baby birth?Please tell.
Vulvodynia is a medical condition in which women suffer from chronic pain in the vaginal area without any cause. Even today, women don’t often go for proper diagnosis for vulvodynia because of the societal pressure due to which doctors and researchers are still not able to find out the exact cause of vulvodynia.
Types of vulvodynia
1. Generalized vulvodynia: This occurs when there is immense pain in different areas of the vagina. It can occur once in a while or the pain can be constant. Slight pressure or touch on the vagina can make it worse.
2. Vulvar Vestibulitis syndrome: Pain generally occurs in the entrance of the vagina. A burning sensation is felt when pressure is applied on the vagina or during sexual intercourse.
Possible causes of vulvodynia:
1. Irritation to the nerve or a nerve injury can increase the risk of vulvodynia.
2. An infection or a trauma in the vulvar cells can also give rise to abnormal responses which might cause vulvodynia.
3. The vulva can also respond poorly to inflammation due to genetic factors.
4. Yeast infection and hypersensitivity can also cause vulvodynia.
5. Muscle spasm
6. Irritation or allergies to chemical substances.
7. Hormonal changes like menstruation or menopause can also cause vulvodynia.
8. If you have a history of sexual abuse or rape, you are more likely to develop vulvodynia.
9. Using excessive antibiotic can lead to the weakening of the cells around the vagina.
Symptoms of vulvodynia:
1. Rawness, stinging or burning sensation in the vagina.
2. Soreness or acute aching sensation in and around the vagina.
3. Throbbing can also occur on the vagina if you have vulvodynia.
4. Itchiness in and around the vagina.
5. Pain can either occur once a while or all the time during vulvodynia.
6. Walking, exercising or having sex can also cause immense pain in the vagina.
7. The vagina can also ache while walking, sitting or exercising.
8. Discomfort can be felt on your entire vulva.
Vulvodynia can impact a woman’s life greatly. It can disable her ability to exercise or have sex. Vulvodynia can also make her withdraw from her social life or work. It is of utmost importance to book an appointment with a gynecologist as soon as possible if you have vulvodynia. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
Use of contraceptives is really important to avoid unwanted pregnancy. Countries like China and India, facing the problem of population explosion lay more stress on the use of contraceptives. However, you must always use or take oral and barrier contraceptives following the advice of a medical practitioner unless it is absolutely necessary to go ahead without consultation. The reason behind medical assistance is your own health. Contraceptive methods do have a vast range of side effects that can result in health hazards. There are various kinds of contraceptives; each having its own set of advantages and disadvantages. Being acquainted with the side effects of some contraceptive methods can help you choose wisely in times of need.
- Possible side-effects of using condoms: Some men are allergic to latex. Using condoms can lead to heightened sensitivity. It can also lead to rashes in your genitals. Condoms are not foolproof. They do not provide total protection against sexually transmitted infections, HPV or against Syphilis and Herpes. These diseases can be contracted by coming in contact with genital skin that is not covered by a condom.
- Possible side-effects of a Contraceptive Film: A contraceptive film might act as an interruption in your sexual activities if it is not placed properly, that is to say it must come in contact with the cervix to be effective. Using the film nonoxynol- very frequently can make you susceptible to life threatening diseases like HIV and other STIs.
- Possible side-effects of a Cervical Cap: A cervical cap has to be inserted by a clinician and requires immense care to be fitted in later. Some of its side - effects can be of serious concern. If it is left inside for more than forty eight hours, it can result in toxic shock syndrome. Toxic shock syndrome is an infection that mars your overall health. It is also known to increase the chances of inflammation of the surface of your cervix.
- Possible side-effects of Progestin only pills: Progestin only pills or mini pills can subject you to long- lasting depression. It can make you feel bloated and can actually increase your weight to a great extent if used on a regular basis. Minipills lead to irregularities in your menstrual cycle and might also make bleeding during menstruation scanty.
- Possible side-effects of combined oral contraceptives: If this is your first month on combined oral contraceptives, you might feel nauseous and they can give you a terrible headache. Women taking these pills have a higher chance of developing cervical dysplasia. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist and ask a free question.
I m giving her to unwanted 72 to avoid pregnancy on last month till she has no periods and she isn't pregnant m worried so what can I do please give the answer thanks.
I want to know the safest Days to participate in the sex with my partner. To avoid unwanted pregnancy.
My girlfriend had unprotected sex with me but I did not ejaculated inside her. She is not getting periods even after 9 days of the last mensuration cycle that was 22/03/16 what should we do.
Too much vaginal burning and sensation ite hurting too much. Help me sir/mam please give a best solution for this advise.
The first line of defence against toxins is your liver, it acts like a filter in preventing toxic substances contained in foods from passing into your blood stream.
Tops Foods to Help Cleanse the Liver:
Helps activate liver enzymes that help your body flush out toxins. They also have large amounts of allicin and selenium that help cleanse the liver.
High in vitamin C and antioxidants, which boosts the production of liver detoxification enzymes and increases the natural cleansing process of your liver.
Lemons and Limes
These citrus fruit contain high amounts of vitamin C, which help stimulate the liver and aid the synthesizing of toxic materials into substances that can be absorbed by water. Did you know lemons are also a natural replacement for salt in your diet. They are high in electrolytes which support your body but they don’t dehydrate your cells like sodium. Lemons on their own are acidic, but are alkalizing to your body. They help neutralize toxins, excrete waste and start the entire digestive process.
Top Foods To Cleanse Your Liver
Are rich in pectin, this soluble fibre helps remove toxins and cholesterol from the blood. They’re also rich in malic acid, a natural cleansing nutrient that removes carcinogens and other toxins from the blood. Did you know Granny Smith apples are rich in malic acid and one of the most antioxidant-rich apple varieties.
Green veggies such as spinach, kale, chard, romaine and arugula are high in plant chlorophylls which absorb environmental toxins, increase bile production, and neutralize heavy metals, chemicals, and pesticides. By absorbing these toxins, it lowers the burden on the liver.
Beets and Carrots
They are high in plant-flavonoids and beta-carotene, they help stimulate and improve overall liver function.
Height: 5' 7" weight: 73kg. Female. Want to lose weight. But stay at hostel so proper nutritional diet not possible. Full day in college. Exercise routine also hampered. Want to lose weight since detected with pcos.
In medical terms, the pelvic floor refers to a group of muscles in the pelvic area. These muscles provide support to the organs in the pelvic region, including the bladder, uterus (women), prostate (men) and rectum.
What is pelvic floor dysfunction?
This is a medical condition that is used to refer to a situation when you are unable to control the functioning of the pelvic floor. It means you fail to control the bowel movement. People suffering from pelvic floor dysfunction use these muscles to contract rather than to relax. It is for this reason that they cannot have a bowel movement. They often have an incomplete one.
What causes pelvic floor dysfunction?
In most of the cases, the exact reason behind this dysfunction is unknown. It is often believed that this condition is caused due to traumatic injuries to the pelvic area. This can happen after an accident and due to complications aroused after vaginal childbirth.
What are the symptoms?
There are several symptoms that are linked to this medical condition. You must visit your doctor if you come across the following signs:
- The feel of having several bowel movements within a short period of time.
- If you feel that you cannot complete a bowel movement.
- When there is constipation pain linked with bowel movements.
- A frequent urge to urinate.
- Painful urination.
- Pain in lower back.
- Continuous pain in pelvic region, genitals, or rectum.
- Pain during intercourse in women
How is pelvic floor dysfunction diagnosed?
It may be diagnosed through a physical examination by the doctor. You will ask several questions to know the case history and find out the cause. You may also be asked to take pelvic muscle control test by placing surface electrodes on the perineum or sacrum. A small device called a perineometer is also used for the same.
What are the best ways for treating pelvic floor dysfunction?
It can be treated without surgery. There are several techniques. Some of these are as follows:
- Biofeedback: It is done with the help of a physical therapist.He uses special sensors to watch and monitor the muscles.
- Medication: A low-dose muscle relaxant is prescribed to treat the same.
- Relaxation techniques: Your therapist may ask you to take up techniques for relaxation such as warm baths, yoga, and exercises.
- Surgery: If your physician finds out that the dysfunction is caused by a rectal prolapse or rectocele, he or she will take up surgery.
Pelvic Floor Dysfunction results in Urinary Dysfunction. Urinary incontinence is the unintentional passing of urine. It's a common problem thought to affect millions of people. There are several types of urinary incontinence, including:
- Stress Incontinence – when urine leaks out at times when your bladder is under pressure; for example, when you cough or laugh
- Urge Incontinence – when urine leaks as you feel a sudden, intense urge to pass urine, or soon afterwards
- Overflow Incontinence (chronic urinary retention) – when you're unable to fully empty your bladder, which causes frequent leaking
- Total Incontinence – when your bladder can't store any urine at all, which causes you to pass urine constantly or have frequent leaking
It's also possible to have a mixture of both stress and urge urinary incontinence.
Pelvic Organ Prolapse
Pelvic organ prolapse is a condition in which structures such as the uterus, rectum, bladder, urethra, small bowel, or the vagina itself may begin to prolapse, or fall, out of their normal positions. Without medical treatment or surgery, these structures may eventually fall farther into the vagina or even through the vaginal opening if their supports weaken enough. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an urologist and ask a free question.
In my ultrasonography report below remarks is dilated intra-heptic duct. What is this meaning? Can you please give me information?
Hello, my gynae gave me sporlac vc for 10 days. What is it for? I explained to her that I get stressed before periods. Also, there is itching sometimes at night in pubic area.
I am 25 year old female. My weight is 65 kg. My breast size is very large. My weight also increases frequently. What to do.
I had an intercourse with my partner in last Oct without protection but after that I had my periods on time and next month also it was on time. But after that I had no periods since 3 months. I'm very much worried. And my belly is also bulging. Can this be happen that I'm pregnant? But after last sex I had 2 periods regular and it was thick not spotting. Any medicine so to make my periods?
Doctor, We are trying to conceiving a baby. I have been recently married on May 10th 2015. I had sex regularly. My wife menstrual Cycle 30-35 days last menses due dt# 08/08/2015. I have done my Sperm count test, Result was good no negative points. Can you help me with fast Pregnancy tips and healthy diets.
Thanks for their commitment for health and fitness
Yeah everyone has its unique identity in its odors too but when it comes torturing its unhealthy
Bad body odors (breath, sweat even when urine n stool has normal but bad odor due to normal pitta).
When its notable bad (vitiated pitta to be treated) please consult your (ayurveda doctor)
Family physician to get medical condition.
Yeah diet also plays role to manage the body odors.
October heat may boost all these body odors so consider to detox in this season.
Sure all your near n dear one will note the thing.
Have happy n healthy living.