Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Hi doctors, am 26 years old female, I am trying to conceive, though I just got married four months back, but the problem is that my menstrual circle use to normal but I get married, I mean 28 days but ever since my first month of marriage the circle has change, we went to the hospital and we were asked to treat infection which we did, and took the medicines as prescribed, but unfortunately it came earlier than before this month which make it very difficult for me to time my fertility period. Please help us.
I am 30 year old. Unmarried female and suffering from problem of bed wetting. This problem occurs twice in a month. Please advice me what should I do.?
1) Oral sex and anal sex are 100% safe
Yes, to your surprise, it is a sex myth and the truth is that all sexually transmitted diseases that are transferred through unprotected vaginal sex can also be caught through all kinds of anal or oral sex. Medical science has proved that there are more chances of catching an STD infection through unprotected anal sex as compared with oral or vaginal sex.
2) First time sex will not make you pregnant
You can never foresee when odds are against you so you should not take the risk. A woman is as likely to conceive with first time sex as she will do anytime in her later life provided she does so in her fertile days.
3) Having sex during periods will never make you pregnant
Logically speaking, there are no chances of getting pregnant when you have your periods but if someone has a longer cycle or bleeds between the periods, it is quite possible. Moreover, when a woman has a short cycle and she has sex by last two to three days of her menstrual cycle, she can conceive because sperms will stay in her body for up to 72 hours.
4) Two condoms work better than one
One condom is enough to get the job done and there is no need to use two. In America, they test each latex condom for holes before packing it to the box. Regular and correct use of condoms will save you from many sexually transmitted diseases and other sex consequences.
5) Drinking alcohol guarantees better performance in bed
No, this is not true because alcohol takes out your ability to make sensible decisions and you can make risky choices. When you’re drunk, you can decide to have sex with someone you don’t want otherwise. It will not spice up the experience rather it can give you regrets.
I am 30 years old and 4 months pregnant. I was diagnosed with hypothyrodism (24.6 tsh value) at 8th week of pregnancy. Doctor recommend 50 mcg thyrodite tablet daily. After one week I was tested again and level comes out to be 10.96 tsh value. And after 20 days it again comes out to be 10.6. Will it harm my child or not. Please tell me what shoud I do ?
Please advise diets for first semester of pregnancy. What to eat and what not to eat. 08 weeks completed.
Sir, I am married but we have no child is the first time in my life and a new couples and Please suggest what to do?.
Hi i hAd unprotected sex 10 days ago, LMP 14TH apr, and today I got thread like blood 2-3 times in my discharge. Please tell me what it could be.
Would you like to share this interesting fact with family or friends? go ahead and share!
Will 5 gm of ashvagandha powder taken every day by a woman in 50s already passed menopause will add to her weight and that's too substantially. Gudica Mahesh.
My age is 34. After my delivery my weight increases due to thyroid. That time my weight 84 kg. So I request you please help me that how can reduce my weight ?
Lymphogranuloma venereum (LGV) is a STD caused by the three different types of the “Chlamydia trachomatis” bacterium. LGV is generally a disease of the lymphatic system. It is characterized by small, asymptomatic skin lesions along the pelvis or groin region. It has been noticed that men are more prone to this than women.
What are the symptoms of lymphogranuloma venereum?
The symptoms may start within a few days or months after coming in contact with the bacteria. Some of the common symptoms are:
1. Pain during bowel movement
2. The growth of small painless sores in the genital area
3. Your skin might swell and turn red.
4. There can be drainage from the lymph nodes in the groin.
5. Blood and puss may pass from the rectum as well
What are the possible complications related to lymphogranuloma venereum?
1) The patient may have brain inflammation although this is very rare
2) The patient may suffer from infection in joints, eyes, heart, and liver
3) The rectum may get narrower and scary
4) There may be long-term swelling and inflammation of the genitals
How can you diagnose lymphogranuloma venereum?
1. Generally, doctors suspect lymphogranuloma venereum when the patient is suffering from genital ulcers, swollen lymph nodes and proctitis (inflammation of the rectum and anus).
2. Rectal specimens, genital lesions, and lymph node specimens are taken to test for Chlamydia trachomatis. This is detected by culture, nucleic acid detection, and direct immunofluorescence tests.
What are the treatments available for lymphogranuloma venereum?
People with LGV must be treated with antibiotics and drainage of the bulbous growths may also be necessary for symptomatic relief. Generally, two antibiotics are used to treat such patients:
1. Doxycycline, may be used to treat patients who are not pregnant.
2. Erythromycin is used in other cases and especially for women who are pregnant.
HIV positive patients and HIV-negative patients are treated in the same way. However, HIV patients may have to continue the treatment for a longer period of time due to the compromised immune system. The patients have to abstain from sexual activity till the completion of the antibiotic dose. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.