Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Orthopedists in India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Johari Ashok N
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Submit a review for Dr. Johari Ashok NYour feedback matters!
Suggest treatment for arthritis? Should she take calcium supplement without doctor consultation? Plss help.
Benefits of Total Knee Replacement
hello, I am Dr. Hardik Ghundiyal practicing in Bombay since last six years. I am mainly into total knee replacements. I have been doing a minimally invasive total knee replacement since last six years. In this replacements, I usually do not cut open the muscles.
The advantages of this procedure are that it is a minimal invasive. The small incision and the recovery of the patient are very fast. Well in my process the patient can stand on the same day of the surgery and walk on the other second day itself. The third day usually all my patients get discharged from the hospital and the amount of movement of the knee the amount of motion of the knee is usually same as pre-operation or maybe 10 to 20 21 degrees more than what the preoperatively it was.
Depending also on the medical condition and obesity of the patient. Age is not the criteria for the total knee replacement as per everyone’s belief. It can be done at the old age also. The whole criteria being the pain and the disability of the patient. If it is a 90 year old patient but is walking everywhere, confined to bed only because of the knee pain of course he is a patient for the total knee replacement and we will would like to go ahead and give the best results for him, the same if the 60 years old guys who is confined to the bed and is not able to walk there is no point of doing total knee replacement for such kind of patients as he is never going to walk in his life.
So against all the beliefs age is never the criteria for total knee replacements. For more information you can contact me on lybrate.com
I am 56 years old. I am suffering from rheumatoid arthritis-early stage. Being controlled medicine. Please let me know the permanent solution.
Have pain between the wrist and the thumb. While twisting getting pain. Not able to even eat the food.
My aunt is experiencing a lot of pain in her shoulder since the last few weeks. It gets better when she applies some Volini or uses hot water. Us this due to winters? Please help.
Dear doctors I ask a question that is knee cap can avoid the dislocation I am a sports man and martial artist it happens to me 3 time and I consult 3 doctors 3 doctors told me different problems so I got confused one doctor told that one ligament is cut and the operation must do it another doctor says that its not that much of serious its happens because of ligament stretches try some exercise properly if it happens again operation must done another doctor says that there is some liquid produce between the joints thats the problem So doctors help is there any ways or perfect treatment that the dislocation is not happen again in my life or the using of knee cap can avoid the dislocation help me.
I crashed into a wall by mistake n I hit my right hand badly. I feel my middle finger is not working. What should I do?
Hello sir from morning wake up whole day I am feeling very tired and and lazy and now skins color is also getting back and all body joints pain I dint know why? And my stomach is also not getting clear in toilet Will you help me for good treatment (I am just 24)
Knees of my husband have started getting gap and thus pain is felt while walking. Is there any treatment which can pervade operation of changing knees.
I have severe back ache since a very long time. Its actually the spinal cord that hurts. What am I suffering from. Help.?
Arthritis is defined as a disease that causes painful inflammation and stiffness in joints. There are some food items, which you should avoid if you are suffering from arthritis since they can worsen your condition and lead to inflammation and joint pain. Stick to a smart, nutritious diet that doesn't make you gain weight.
The following food items should be struck off your daily meals:
- Red Meat: Red meat has high levels of saturated fat. Patients of arthritis must avoid consuming foods containing saturated fat because they contribute to obesity. They also contain Omega-6 fatty acids, which lead to inflammation if the intake is high. Red meat contributes to higher overall fat and calorie intake.
- Sugar and Refined Flour: Sugar and refined flour may cause an upsurge in blood sugar levels. When there is a spike in your blood sugar levels, the body produces a pro-inflammatory chemical called cytokines to break down the carbohydrates. This results in inflammation, worsening your arthritis symptoms. They also increase your weight, putting more and more pressure on the joints.
- Fried Foods: Eliminating fried foods from your diet helps in reducing the levels of inflammation. Fried foods increase oxidation in the body's cells due to toxins called advanced glycation endproducts or age. They are high in fat and lead to obesity. Moreover, most restaurants use hydrogenated oils which are rich in trans fats. Trans fats are even more harmful than saturated fats when it comes to inflammation, chronic heart diseases and other health problems.
- Alcohol and tobacco: High intake of alcohol causes a surge in the body levels of CRP or C - reactive protein which is a powerful agent of inflammation. The risk of developing rheumatoid arthritis is higher among smokers.
- Processed Foods: Foods that are ready to eat and require minimal cooking contain several ingredients that cause inflammation. They are loaded with saturated fats, refined flour and sugar and are extremely unhealthy and worsen arthritic pain.
- Corn Oil: Many foods, especially baked foods, are cooked in corn oil or other oils which are rich in omega 6 fatty acids and trigger inflammation. Corn oil can be replaced with olive oil that is rich in omega 3 fatty acids which is anti-inflammatory. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
Sometimes for some sudden moments my right hand pain too much and all of sudden after sometime it stopped automatically?
I am 25 yrs female. My height is 5'5. And weight 63 kg. I have swelling on my foot, hands, and even on my face. Sometimes I have pain in my heels. My blood sugar fasting is 76, uric acid 4.5, esr 6, blood urea 28.9, serum creatinine 0.9 I have thyroid test too that is 2.29 when I do lit bit work it creates more restlessness to me. I want to know the reason exactly.
Hum jab bahut der tak baithte karte hai to mere पीठ me pain start ho jata hai इसका कोई solution please batayeaa.
I am 19 year old female and have neck pain and feeling like back pain too for past 1 year? What should I do. Tell me some to get relief from it?
Plantar fasciitis is one of the most common causes of heel pain. The plantar fascia, that runs across the bottom of foot and connects heel bone to your toes gets inflamed.
Plantar fasciitis commonly causes stabbing pain that usually occurs with your very first steps in the morning. The pain of plantar fasciitis normally decreases after taking few steps, but it may return after long periods of standing or after getting up from a seated position.
Plantar fasciitis is particularly common in runners. In addition, people who are overweight and those who wear shoes with inadequate support are at risk of plantar fasciitis.
Under normal circumstances, plantar fascia acts like a shock-absorbing bowstring, supporting the arch in foot. If tension on that bowstring becomes too great, it can create small tears in the fascia. Repetitive stretching and tearing can cause the fascia to become irritated or inflamed.
Factors that may increase your risk of developing plantar fasciitis include:
• certain types of exercise.
• faulty foot mechanics.
• occupations that keep you on your feet
Ignoring plantar fasciitis may result in chronic heel pain that hinders regular activities. Change in the way of walking to minimize plantar fasciitis pain, develops foot, knee, hip or back problems.
What to expect from your doctor
• do your symptoms tend to occur at a particular time of day?
• what types of shoes do you usually wear?
• are you a runner, or do you participate in any sports that involve running?
• do you have a physically demanding job?
• have you experienced any injuries to your feet in the past?
• besides your foot, do you feel pain anywhere else?
• what, if anything, seems to improve your symptoms?
• what, if anything, appears to worsen your symptoms?
During the physical exam, your doctor checks for points of tenderness in your foot. The location of your pain can help determine its cause.
Sometimes an x-ray shows a spur of bone projecting forward from the heel bone. In the past, these bone spurs were often blamed for heel pain and removed surgically. But many people who have bone spurs on their heels have no heel pain.
Stretching and strengthening exercises or use of specialized devices may provide symptom relief. These include:
• physical therapy.
• night splints.
• surgical or other procedures
When more-conservative measures aren't working,
Extracorporeal shock wave therapy.
To reduce the pain of plantar fasciitis, try these self-care tips:
• maintain a healthy weight.
• choose supportive shoes.
• don't wear worn-out athletic shoes.
• change your sport.
• apply ice.
• stretch your arches