Find numerous ENT Specialists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find ENT Specialists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find ENT Specialists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment of Tonsils (Tonsillitis)
Hearing Aid Fitting
Treatment of Throat and Voice Problems
Earlobe Repair Procedure
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Nose Reshaping Procedure
Hearing Testing Techniques
Nasal And Sinus Allergy Care
Cochlear Implant Procedure
Ear Micro Surgery
Treatment Of Hearing Deficiency
Submit a review for Dr. Jl AgarwalYour feedback matters!
Ear infection is a disorder which can either be viral or bacterial, affecting one’s middle ear the most. This disorder is painful as fluid accumulates in the ear leading to inflammation. Infections of the ear can either be chronic or acute in nature, the damage is more prominent in case of chronic infections. Acute ear infections can be painful but they usually fade away in a few days’ time.
In case of an ear infection, you will experience pain in the ear. A pressure may develop in the ear accompanied by drainage of pus from the ears. Some severe cases might also lead to loss of hearing, be it temporary or permanent. The symptoms of ear infection may develop and affect both the ears. Fever during ear infections is another common auxiliary condition.
Ear infections tend to occur when the Eustachian tubes in the ear get blocked as a result of fluid accumulation in the ear. The Eustachian tubes can get blocked due to the following reasons –
- Being affected by allergies
- Conditions such as cold can lead to ear infection
- Problems in the sinuses
- Excessive smoking
- Infected adenoid glands
In addition to the causes, there are certain risk factors which can make one prone to ear infections, some of them being:
- Narrow Eustachian tubes in children increase the risks of ear infections
- Changes in climate and altitude
- Second hand exposure to cigarette smoke
For mild symptoms, simple home remedies will suffice. A warm compress on the affected area can reduce the pain. Taking pain relieving medications such as ibuprofen can also help in reducing pain. For moderate symptoms, antibiotics may be required to treat the bacterial infection.
If other treatments do not work, then surgery may be required. Usually tubes are inserted in the ear to drain the accumulated fluid. If it involves the adenoid glands, then surgical removal of the adenoid glands may be required. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ent-specialist.
I am having cough and cold from last too days. Whenever I cough. My throat is also paining. and a lots of mucus and cough is coming out. I think my lungs are filled with it. What should I do to clear it.
I have throat pain, fever. And in my hostel it is happening with most of the girls. What is the reason of that.
Homeopathy is considered to be an untested medicine for many. This is why so many patients who have a sore throat immediately turn to tablets, hot water or even syrups to relieve the pain. Different causes of a sore throat will have different remedies.
Here are the some of the homeopathic remedies for different causes of a sore throat.
- Belladonna: This is the best medicine when there is any difficulty swallowing. It is also very readily available.
- HeparSulph: Heparsulph is generally used when there is a sensation in your throat, which feels like there is some sort of splinter.
- Phosporus: Phosphorus is a more widely used homeopathic remedy. It is used to treat what is called as 'clergyman's' sore throat. This is when there is a tickling sensation in the larynx.
- Lachesis: This is also a very uncommon and rarely required medicine. However, sometimes our throat feels sore only when we take liquids. In this case, lachesis is the ideal remedy.
- Bryonia: Bryonia is a much more common homeopathy. It is used when there is a cough accompanying the sore throat.
- Merc sol: Tonsilltis is generally considered to be a condition too serious to cure with homeopathy. However, Merc sol does do this effectively. Belladonna is also pretty good at it. They also help with a sore throat.
- Arsenicum album: This medication is most commonly used when a sore throat is accompanied by a cold.
- Aconite: Aconite is considered even better than arsenicum album in treating a sore throat which is also accompanied by a cold.
- Capsicum: This is a great homeopathic remedy for a pain in the throat which goes all the way to the ears.
- Argentium Metallicum: Argentium Metallicum is used when the soreness of your throat worsens with the use of the voice. Professional singers and public speakers are especially in need of this medicine as they frequently use their voice.
- Chamomilla: This remedy is especially great for helping cure sore throat in children.
- Baryta Carbonicum: This is a remedy used for a very similar reason to what chamomilla is used for. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Homeopathic.