Find numerous General Physicians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find General Physicians with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Diagnostic Cardiac Procedures
Treatment of Endoscopic Sinus Surgery
Treatment of Lumbar Radiculopathy
Oxygen Therapy Treatment
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Restylane Vital Procedure
Treatment of Shin Splints
Treatment of Shin Splits
Management of Smoking Cessation
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Weight Management Treatment
Asthma Management Program
Skin Detoxification Treatment
Head And Neck Pain Treatment
Health Check Up
Health Screening For Men
When I sit infront of computer I am feeling like head is holding something weight. Like headeck what I should do to recover it?
Hi all, if I drink hot water instead of cold water daily is it healthy or is it harmful for me ?plzz suggest.
I have a constipation problem and the main problem is farting it's became very frequent and often and it's very embarrassing please suggest me what I should do to get rid of this problem?
Sir, I have been facing with excessive sweating from many years. The condition become more worse in the last three years. That results in lack of my self confidence in many cases. What should I do. Please give me an advise.
I have sugar level of 122 before fasting. Can I reduce that in a week time. And also if we have neem leaf will the sugar level reduce immediately.
What is the minimum size of penis for satisfying a girl? Does small penis affects the satisfaction? My penis is small and shrunken. Its size is 1 inch in flaccid and 4 inch in erected stage. Whether I should marry or not. My testes size is also small. I have been masturbating since the age of 10 due to bad company. My parents did not pay attention on me. I am from poor family. Please help me I have no abundant money for treatment. Please help I shall be much obliged to you throughout my life. May Lord bless you! Praise the lord!
I have pain over my occipital region whenever I lie supine (whenever I place my head over something, pain is more if its a hard one) for couple of minutes, having this condition for a year I guess but now I am unable to sleep (have to sleep on my stomach and keep tossing and turning). I'm fine when sitting or standing My doc has gone through my CT scan and didn't find anything. Pain and other condition here is almost the same as when I have bp over 180, needless to say the condition worsen when have raised bp (although my diastolic bp fluctuates btw 80-90 only even when systolic is quite high) What should I do to get rid of the condition.
Hello I am suffering from cold and fever what to do to get cured from this, is there any easy way for curing please help me.
I am suffering from cough and cold from childhood actually mine cough and cold never go its stay with me 365 days I had taken lots of medicines but its not gone some doctor says it is a allergy so my question is do the homeopath have proper treatment of my problem?
Sir/mam I have ankle pain after morning running, I run on a road, I want to ask that the pain is because of solid surface or there is something else problem?
My sex time is very less , what should I do to improve it ? Should I start taking Viagra wile intercourse?
This is a disease that affects the large intestine and the rectum. The Ulcerative Colitis refers to the inflammation in the innermost lining of the large intestine. The main function of the large intestine is to absorb water from indigestible food matter in the body before throwing away any waste. Hence, the large intestine is a vital part of our body. If left untreated, the disease increases risk of colon cancer.
- Diarrhea with blood or pus: A person suffering from Ulcerative Colitis is likely to suffer from loose stools accompanied with blood or pus.
- Stomach pain and Cramping: In many cases, patients complain of severe stomach pain and cramping.
- Rectal pain: At times, many patients feel pain while sitting or even after a bowel movement.
- Bleeding from the rectum: Bleeding can be observed while passing stools.
The other complications leading to this disease are kidney stones, swelling of the colon, thickening of intestinal walls and blood infection.
This disease can be diagnosed by several methods. A simple stool test may be done to check out for bacteria and parasites. A blood test to check the level of C-reactive protein helps determine the inflation rate of the body. Endoscopy, colonoscopy, biopsy are some other methods of diagnosis.
- Oral medication: Treatment involves drug therapy or surgery. The first step in treating Ulcerative Colitis will be an intake of anti-inflammatory drugs, but these may have a side effect. Another option is immune system suppressors, which help to bring down the inflammation by suppressing the immune system response. Antibiotics, anti-diarrheal medications, pain relievers are some of the additional drug supplements recommended by doctors.
- Surgery: Surgery plays an important role because this disease is pre-malignant in nature. Depending on the severity of the condition, the medical practitioner may advice surgery. The common methods of surgery are:
- Proctocolectomy and Ileostomy: Proctocolectomy involves removal of the colon in part or whole. Ileostomy is carried out by placing a special bag in the small intestine to collect waste from the body.
- Proctocolectomy and Ileo-anal: Ileo-anal pouch is a bag directly created the small intestine and connected to the anus, for diffusing the stools. As colon is removed Ulcerative Colitis cannot re-occur.
Precautions after surgery
It is very important that the patient takes healthy, sufficient and nutritious food so that bowel movement can be carried out with ease and zero strain. The patient has to restrict lifting of heavy grocery, mowing the lawn, any physical activity that can strain the abdomen and related areas.