Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy Procedure
Treatment of Lumpectomy
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Kidney Stones Treatment
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Accident Injuries Treatment
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Prostate Laser Surgery
Urinary Incontinence Surgery
Stem Cell Transplant
Post Induction Therapy
Post Induction Transplant
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Jiten ChowdhryYour feedback matters!
I am a 22 yes old male & I have a collection of dead skin on my left cheek. I had a pimple over der & when it bursted then I got a dead skin over there. I even had a surgery by skin specialist but it grew again.
I m 16 years old and due to playing in the sand I have got many rashes on my body please consult me what I do for it.
Hyperpigmentation on forehead and jawline also face suddenly started looking very dull want to know cause and treatment.
My face became dark (black) in complexion After using Nivea men dark spot reduction cream and face wash. Now my Mom suggested me to use multani mouth with rose water as a paste and applying at night, Washing on morning. May I use this or can you suggest any thing else.
I has dark spot under my eyes what is the reason behind this? Is too much masturbation causing this? How can I reduce black spot?
I am experiencing acne and facial hair from past 4 years. Now my face is filled with scars. My sister is diagnosed with pcod, just wondering if even I have the same and is it the reason for acne and hair. I did my hormone test as prescribed by the endocrinologist but didn't get time to show him the results. I have even thyroid and taking the thyro norm doses regularly. Can anyone suggest me something to get rid of acne and facial hair. I am 34.
I am 54 years male and suffering from Actinic Cheilitis for the last 35 years on lower lip. Please suggest suitable medicine and application on lip. Thank you.
Sir can I use kojiglo gel only at night or I should use twice a day because sir I use ekran sunscreen lotion at morning and how much time does kojiglo takes to work.
Hello, I am 26 year male, non smoker and non alcoholic I hv dark skin from childhood itself. Please suggest some solution for fair skin.
I am 28 years old, from last months I found a kind of lump in under arm area. Sometime I feel pain in this area. I am scared, is it breast cancer.
I have white heads on my face. I have done all the things like allopathic and homeopathic treatment but no impact. At the end result is zero. I went to a famous dermatologist he told me the cause of white head is that my skin is oily and he also said that they will go when I'll be 25 years old. I've spent a lot of money over it. Is there no treatment for that? ?
I am 20 year old and my problem is- my skin colour, my neck under colour white but neck up colour brown and that's reason melanin hormone reason and doctor please any sure solution.
Hi sir, I have small holes on my face these are appeared after pimples are gone. So how I can remove these holes and I want to increase glowness in face. Please suggest best ayurvedic medicine, Thank you sir.
I have a skin problem ad have black in some area of my body that is very very bad for me what can I do?
I am 32 and got injured under eye 6 months ago. Now there are some permanent fine lines under eye. Apart of that open pores in my skin. Please advise any treatment for this.
Menorrhagia is menstrual condition characterized by an abnormal loss of blood or heavy, prolonged bleeding. Although heavy bleeding is not uncommon in premenopausal women, menorrhagia is a severe condition which generally interferes with your daily activities. If your vagina bleeds irregularly or between periods, in addition to such heavy bleeding that at least one pad or tampon gets soaked every few hours, it is highly recommended that you seek medical attention.
Signs and symptoms of menorrhagia include:
- Soaking through more than one tampon or sanitary pad for every few hours
- The need to use double sanitary protection
- Heavy bleeding for weeks on end
- The need to wake up at night to change your sanitary protection
- Restriction of daily activities due to heavy menstrual flow
- Symptoms of fatigue, such as excessive tiredness as well as shortness of breath
Although the exact causes are unknown, here are a few causes that may be responsible:
- Hormonal imbalance is when there is an hormone imbalance, the endometrium develops in excess and sheds away with menstruation
- In Ovary dysfunction, if your ovaries do not ovulate, your body won't be able to produce the hormone progesterone resulting in a hormonal imbalance problem which may lead to menorrhagia
- Uterine fibroids are benign tumors which start appearing in your childbearing years
- Polyps are small benign growths found on the uterine lining
- Adenomyosis occurs when your glands from the endometrium becomes embedded in the uterine muscle
- By using Intrauterine device (IUD) menorrhagia may occur as a side-effect
- Pregnancy complications, for instance, an ectopic pregnancy can cause it
- Inherited bleeding disorders, such as von Willebrand disease
- Certain medications like anti-inflammatory drugs
- Other medical conditions, like pelvic inflammatory disease or endometriosis
Treatment for menorrhagia depends on a number of factors like the cause and severity of the condition, or your tolerance for specific therapies or medications.
Some drug therapies for menorrhagia include:
- Iron supplements
- Tranexamic acid
- Oral progesterone
- Non steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs
- Oral contraceptives
- Hormonal IUD
If drug therapy is ineffective, other treatment options may include:
- Dilation and curettage
- Focused ultrasound ablation
- Uterine artery embolization
- Endometrial ablation
- Endometrial resection