Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
I have black spots as well as pimples on my back. I used scar removal cream for 4 months but did not see any changes. What should I do?
At first there was a white patch in the neck and now there are two more white patches in his hand. Is this a skin disease?
I have too much hair on my face and also some pimples r the in head, please tel what can I do for this?
I have very dark black spots in my face and ears lobe .I have been tried all anti black spots cream nothing works out.
I have used betnovate-n. I suffered from then. Ofter that I took one year treatment by local skincare doctor. Even took treatment there is no use. I got dark black skin. Can I use natural remedies. Ex. Tomato glycerin extra.
My skin colour is fair but not more fair, I want a diet chart to a beautiful and glowing skin, which works very and very fast.
I have dark spots on my face. I have tried many things but it is not decreasing. Please suggest me some home remedies to reduce it. I am just 17 years old.
I have dark spots as well as pimples on my face. I used scar removal cream for 4 months but didn't see any changes. What should I do?
Acne could be a real headache for normal skin. It not only ruins your face, but is also tough to get rid of. The condition is characterized usually by red pimples or blackheads and occurs due to infected or inflamed sebaceous glands. If you are skeptical about using chemical products, here is list of acne related treatments with alternative medicines:
- Apple cider vinegar: Apple Cider Vinegar has multiple qualities. It can dry up the excess oil present in the face thereby ensuring that the bacteria cannot feed upon it. Its alkaline property helps the skin's pH to come down to an accepted level. Last, but not the least, apple cider vinegar directly attacks the acne causing bacteria and eradicates them from within. This pack is easy to prepare and can be applied multiple times a day.
- Honey and cinnamon combo: Cinnamon possesses antimicrobial properties and attacks acne right from the word go. Honey, on the other hand, is a natural cleanser which helps to drive out the acne from your face. The pack is prepared by mixing 2 spoons of honey and 1 spoon of cinnamon. Before applying it on the face, it has to be ensured that the face is rinsed well with water. Owing to the pack's sticky nature, it should not be left on the face for more than 15 minutes.
- Milk and honey paste: There is a wide misconception about milk causing acne. Unless injected inside the skin, milk actually improves the skin tone and limits acne outbreak. It also helps in reducing skin irritation and redness. Honey has antibacterial properties and fights acne. The pack is prepared by adding 1 spoon of honey and 1 spoon of milk and applied on the face for no more than 10 - 15 minutes. The mask can be washed off with warm water and by lightly rubbing the skin in circular motion.
- White portion of the egg: The white portion of the egg has unaccountable benefits. Being rich in protein, it helps to fight acne and reduces blemishes of the skin. The vitamin present in the white portion combat acne and soak up excess oil present in the skin. This pack should be applied for 15 minutes followed by a thorough face wash with lukewarm water.
- Mashed papaya: Papaya ingredients are found in almost all beauty products these days. Raw papaya is a great remedy for acne problems though. Papaya also helps to remove excess fat from the skin and eradicates dead skin. It contains an enzyme called Papain, which is known to have anti-inflammatory properties. It also restricts pus formation in the skin. Papaya can be mashed evenly and applied on the face for 15-20 minutes before washing it off with plain water. This pack can be tried three or four times a week to see visible changes in the face.
I've an itching problem on my anus from last 2-3 months and it feels like there is a wound. So please tell me the treatment.
I have a scar in my cheek it got 4 stiches now I wanted to remove scar from plastic surgery the scar around 1inches can you tell me how much cost of it.
Hi I am neetu of age 22. I want to improve my skin colour to become fair. Ihad seen many products in online nowadays to become fair but I am not sure about them. Can you please suggest me the correct way or the things I should use to get fair skin.
Types of drug eruptions
The common drug eruption types are as follows:
Type 1- Urticaria, anaphylaxis, or angio-oedema, which happens due to mediation of IgE and protein such as insulin.
Type 2- Purpura and haemolysis induced by a cytotoxic reaction for the administration of sulfonamides, penicillin, rifampin and cephalosporins.
Type 3- Due to the action of sulfonamides, salicylates, and chlorpromazine a complicated reaction develops resulting in serum sickness, vasculitis and urticaria.
Type 4- These reactions, which are caused by the hypersensitivity of cells and come in a delay cause photoallergic reactions, contact dermatitis, or exanthematous reactions. They are most common types of reactions and occur when the drug is applied topically.
All of these types show how drugs can cause several different types of reactions. Though eruptions are visible on skin, some discomforts are not visible, and then it takes time for diagnosis. However, diagnosis of the reason behind drug eruptions has to be done as soon as possible to avoid further serious types of reactions like anaphylaxis and angioedema.
Managing drug eruptions
Management of drug eruptions has to be tactful. Often drugs are taken by patients who have a lot of problems, or sickness, and are not fully fit. Moreover, they take not just one drug, but a bunch of drugs for several problems in the body. Therefore, to understand which drug caused the problem and discontinue that one is often a challenge. However, it has been seen that discontinuing the affecting drug really helps to get the eruptions eliminated after some time. However, to stop a drug when it is most needed for a certain problem or cure and that too by diagnosing the exact drug takes some time and needs experimentation from the medical caregiver or doctor.
While the drug is still continued, treatment with antihistamines, epinephrine and corticosteroids is done to relieve the patient from the pain and discomfort. If antibiotics are given to the patient, they are stopped to see how the body reacts. To avoid an eruption sometimes premedication can be done to soothe the eruptions in case of patients with a drug eruption history.