Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gastroenterologists in India. You will find Gastroenterologists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gastroenterologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
I have gas problem. Many a times my stomach gets bulgy. I think because of gas problem my digestion has affected leading to irregular bowel movements. I have to go to toilet around 3 times in the morning. Also in the evening I feel like going to toilet. Sometimes it becomes very urgent. So my main problem is that stomach does not get cleaned up at ONCE in the morning. And I cannot control. I have to run searching for toilet. I avoid going to places where there are no toilets. Many a times after leaving from home in the morning, I have to visit toilet at station. I DO not have any stomach pain, just irregular bowel movements. symptoms become worse when I hear some negative news, when I get nervous, tensed, worried- I need to run to toilet. please help me. I know half of the problem is psychological. But can not help it. When ever I have to go nowhere I am worried if I have to go to toilet on the way. Before going I visit toilet 2 to 3 times. Worse happens if I get trapped in traffic. But once the traffic releases I get relaxed. Many a times I take tablet bi- quinol. please help me. I feel very shy running to toilet again and again in front of cousins, family, friends. This is the only problem of my life.Please tell.
My wife having acidity problem at night while sleeping whole she is not having acidity and also she have hormones problem and urine problem what to do pls suggest.
Sir She is about 32 years. She is suffering pain in food pipe after eating food. I.e when passing food. Gas problem is there. I.e she feels pain during hiccup. And it about 16 to 20 or even more hiccup after taking food. Same process seems from 2 to 3 months. Please suggest.
I was suffering with water in stomach and gas formed in body and knee joints pain what I have to do?
In my career of clinical practice spanning three decades I have seen best results emerging out of'parpati treatment' administered to patients suffering from so called incurable diseases in modern drug practice. However, prolonged procedural use and food protocol has to be strictly followed in order to get best of ayurvedic wisdom. Often slow pace of treatment has a repulsive attitude in patients not to opt for such treatment.
In my opinion, slow treatment without side effects, is far better than taking toxic drugs which give instant relief but on the other hand is sure not to cure the disease even when used for prolonged times.
It is a disease in which the small intestine is hypersensitive to gluten, leading to difficulty in digesting food.
Irritable bowel syndrome:
A widespread condition involving recurrent abdominal pain and diarrhoea or constipation, often associated with stress, depression, anxiety, or previous intestinal infection.
A chronic inflammatory disease of the intestines, especially the colon and ileum, associated with ulcers and fistulae.
Parpati has an important place in rasakalpas. Parpati is the form which is obtained in flakes, gets disintegrated in the body at the level of grahani. Hence it is specifically being used in grahani related disorders and is effective in correcting appetite. This dosage form is specially designed to show its action directly in the grahani region i. E. In the duodenum region. During the process of making parpati kalpa the ingredients are subjected to heat and melted. This molten mixture is further allowed to cool by pressing it between two banana leaves over two cowdung cakes.
The process is such that the agni gets locked into the parpati kalpa making it to act best in disorders related to agnimandya. The dosage form is such that it does not act in the stomach but instead starts its action in grahani i. E. Duodenum. Panchamruta parpati contains parad and gandhak while shweta parpati is devoid of both parad and gandhak. The shodhan of the ingredients and the amount of heat to which the mixture is subjected is meticulously monitored to maintain the standard and consistency in the quality of the product.
But please take these medicines under supervision of a qualified vaidya i. E. Aurveda doctor.
Consuming too much alcohol can cause people a lot of problems like nausea and headache. Additionally, it can also mess up with your bowel movements and affects your motions by giving you loose motions or constipation. Alcohol hinders digestion, causes dehydration and drying out, discourages glucose metabolism and compromises the working of the central and peripheral nervous systems. The combined effect of these components is the primary reason for chronic constipation, identified with alcohol misuse.
Here are a few reasons why and how alcohol can mess up with your poop:
- Dehydration: Alcohol tends to dehydrate the body almost as much as a session in a sauna does. That is the reason your mouth feels so dry the next morning. Once your body gets dehydrated, it works extra minutes to recover the liquids and electrolytes from any place it can find them, including from the substance of your stomach. Accordingly, stools become dry, hard and difficult to pass.
- Powerlessness to move bowels: Alcohol smothers intestinal peristalsis and kills the urge to move your bowels. For the same reason, it kills your decision making ability. Inability to move your bowel when you want, expands, impacts and solidifies the already dried out stools until it gets too difficult to go out without straining and subjecting yourself to anorectal harm. These are the two issues that usually precede chronic constipation.
- Loss of electrolytes: Alcohol causes loss of electrolytes that are vital to hold dampness in the poop. Eg. Sodium and potassium. Water maintenance in the body and stools requires sodium and potassium, the minerals known as electrolytes. These are not stored in the body for the same prolonged way as calcium or magnesium and they require constant replenishment. Since alcohol stimulates urination and regularly causes diarrhea and nausea, these minerals are rapidly lost.
- Occupies digestion: Alcohol in excess causes extreme vomiting that encourages the majority of the above conditions. Liquor hinders stomach absorption and causes deferred stomach emptying. This condition is known as gastroparesis. After around 8 to 10 hours inside the stomach, undigested proteins begin to spoil. This can lead to loss of appetite and the inability to eat proper meals.
- Diarrhea: Alcohol affects your glucose level to such a degree that it might bring about loss of bowel capacity control and result in loose bowels, with symptoms like vomiting and nausea. Just like sometimes the knees go powerless on you from an excessive amount of alcohol, so does your bowel movement. In turn, diarrhea and vomiting are caused due to excess intake of alcohol may bring about serious irritation of the whole GI tract and digestive system, and fester in the body for quite a while. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.