Find numerous General Physicians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find General Physicians with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Jayanti Punamia
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Jayanti PunamiaYour feedback matters!
I am a heart patient and have undergone by-pass surgery. I eat a lot of fruits daily. My potassium reading varies between 5.0 and 5.20 (the higher end of the range) Is it bad for the heart to have such a high reading. My blood urea.
Diabetes is a medical condition which occurs when the levels of blood glucose increases within your body. While you need blood glucose as a fuel for all the things that your body does, an excess of it causes diabetes and can be very harmful for your body. It can damage vital organs, blood vessels and other functions which may ultimately lead to death. In fact diabetes related complications are one of the leading causes of death around the world.
Complications due to diabetes:
- Foot complications: Ulcers and neuropathy is caused due to diabetes. This sometimes leads to the amputation of the leg.
- Eye complications: Diabetic retinopathy, cataracts and glaucoma is caused by diabetes.
- Stoke: If blood glucose, cholesterol levels, and blood pressure are not controlled in time, strokes can occur.
- Erectile dysfunction: Male impotence or erectile dysfunction can be caused due to diabetes.
- Infections: If you have diabetes, the risk of developing infections increases.
Hearing loss and gum diseases- People who have diabetes are prone in developing gum diseases and hearing loss.
Homeopathic remedies to control diabetes:
- Abroma Augusta: This is the most common and effective homeopathic medicine which is used to cure extreme weakness and weight loss due to diabetes. Some side effects of this medicine can be dryness of the mouth and increased thirst. Sometimes appetite and frequency of urination also increases. People with diabetes who have a hard time sleeping, can consume Abroma Augusta as it can cure this problem, and make you sleep properly.
- Phosphorous: This is very effective for treating Diabetes. People who have diabetes can also have a weak and distorted vision. Consumption of phosphorous helps to improve vision and treat weakness.
- Gymnema Sylvestre: Diabetes can cause weight loss, exhaustion, and weakness. Gymnema Sylvestre improves the overall health of a diabetic patient. This medicine helps to feel more energetic and also stops unwanted and unnatural levels of weight loss.
- Syzygium jambolanum: This is another one of the most commonly prescribed medications for diabetes and is one of the most effective in combating high sugar levels. It also helps to control the most common and irritating symptoms such as excessive thirst and frequent urination.
- Phosphoric acid: Diabetes may make you feel extremely tired and exhausted both mentally and physically. Phosphoric acid is an effective medication to energize you so that you can easily and quickly get back to your natural routine. It also helps get your memory back on track as diabetes can cause mental fatigue resulting in forgetfulness.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Hi dr, I am 32 year old female, actually I am not getting a peace full sleep, however tired I would be still I dont get sleep fast, it takes time, I sleep at around 12: 30 plus and get up at 6: 00 am, travelling office very tiring still I wonder why I don't get good sleep. Please also suggest for cholesterol problem.
I am a 30. I always have a prob with my penis size. Its small. How can I naturally increase its size and make it hard and strong? Thank you.
I ws expecting my periods on 1st April. Bt I missed. I hd a urine pregnancy test on 4, 5, 9, 12th April. All were negative. I hd blood test done on 9th April. Blood test too ws negative. I ws consuming deviry-10mg from 12th April to 17th April twice a day after consultation wid Dr. Bt still I hvnt got my periods. Kindly help.
Your nails tell a lot about your health or the lack of it! Many health problems have nails as the indicators or warning signs. If your nails are not healthy or pink and shiny, you might be in for some sort of health issue. If you have cracked nails, discoloured nails, irregularities or very thick nails then you probably have some internal health problem.
Look for these indicators to get an idea-
1) Color of your nails : Pink or white nails are considered healthy. Dark spots on your nails? surface are not just a sign of aging but also indicate a risk of heart disease. Red color is a possible sign of heart infections and green colour usually indicates local fungal infection.
2) Brittle nails: If your nails are brittle and get cracked often, it is due to lack of folic acid, vitamin C and protein. In 10% of cases, psoriasis starts with the nails.
3) Furrow nails: Furrow nails are the ones which are irregular with a dent like appearance. It may indicate you of psoriasis or auto-immune illness which leads to hair loss. Thick furrow nails may signal a yeast infection.
4) Thick nails: Nails thicken in time. Thick nails are neither natural nor normal. If your nails are extremely thick, you probably it could be that your lungs are not healthy. It can also indicative of the fact that your body has poor circulation.
5) Curved nails: If your nails are curved and concave like shape it might signal either lack of iron or heart problems.