Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Jayant M ShahYour feedback matters!
Hi i need your help as after missing a period i got bleeding after 5 days is this normal or have i got my period. we are planning for a baby
I have not good flow of periods and suffer from gas and stomach swelling I get acne and showed many doctors never helped please suggest.
My sister has taken for Caesarean aged 24 and after 11 days of this she has severe black motion plzzz tell me about this and I a m thankfully to you.
Sabja seeds or falooda seeds or tukmaria or basil seeds
Sabza seeds is known by the names sabja seeds or falooda seeds or tukmaria or basil seeds.
The seeds look similar like black sesame seeds and are a bit smaller comparatively and you need to soak them in water. 2 minutes of the seeds in water and you can see it absorbing the water and become jelly like. You can eat it as it is with a spoon. While the outer layer will be soft and smooth like jelly, the center will be crunchy like when you eat seeds. They are most commonly used in making falooda, added to sherbets, milkshakes and other drinks. Basil seed does not have taste of their own but they give a good texture to the dish and make it healthy too.
Basil seeds have many health benefits:
- They are cooling and thats why they are added to many cooling drinks like falooda, rooh afza, nimbu pani and sherbets.
- They are good for sore throats, cold and respiratory disorders.
- Very good for digestion especially in a hot climate.
- Basil seeds are a natural laxative which helps to cure constipation that is caused by excess body heat during summer.
- They prevent heartburn and also relieves a bloated stomach which results from incorrect eating habits, also reduces nauseous feeling and controls vomiting.
- It is known to cure for urinary tract problems which are once again normal during peak summer time.
- It is an excellent natural body coolant.
- The seeds have a diuretic action and flush the kidneys.
- Sabja seeds have a calming effect on the brain. They relieve stress, tension, mental fatigue, depression and migraine. They also aid in enhancing the mood.
- Chewing sabja or tukmaria seeds cure mouth ulcers and other infections of the mouth. They also help fight plaque and cavities.
How to use?
Soak them in water for 30 mins. Once they absorb the water, a translucent gelatin like coating is formed around them. Strain and then use these soaked seeds in drinks, coolers, sherbets, ice creams, falooda or kulfis. Remember to add enough water, otherwise the soaked seeds become lumpy when they start swelling.
Try having 1tbsp of sabja seeds this summer for the cool cool effect.
I am 22, female. My height is 5'4 and I have gained 3 kg over a period of 20 days. My weight is 58.5 kg. I have PCOS and I have recently bought focus Ves for weight loss as prescribed by a family doctor. I want to know the best way to use it to gain maximum benefits. Thanks in advance.
Alcohol, smoking, hukka, gutka, pan masala increasing, increasing teeth problems boring, boring water, drug side effects irregular, irregular life style etc has lead to increasing number of patients with taste problemsmajority. Majority of us are not involved in educating patients and society .revisiting this unfolded special sense is need of hour.
On an average 10000 taste buds are found in mouth mainly on tongue but also on roof and back in throaton.on tongue taste or gustatory cells are clustered as prominent papillae viz filiformfungiformcircum-vellate, fungiform, circum-vellate & foliatemany. Many times patients come with fear showing these normal structures as abnormalfive. Five common tastes are sweet, sour salty bitter, salty, bitter (bitter gourdciturus, citurus peelunsweetened, unsweetened coffee & cocoa) and umami (due to glutamate of soy saucemeet, meet extractssome, some cheeses) for taste quality good sense of smell is also importantspecial. Special channels connect roof of mouth to nose for sensation taste. Taste mainly travels via chorda nerve through facial nerve via ear to brainalso, also via glossopharyngeal neve and vagus nerve to brain.
75% of people over 80 yrs age have impaired tastetaste.taste is affected mostly temporarily by many things : Common cold flu pharyngitissalivary, flu, pharyngitis, salivary gland affections dental, dental caries infections gum, infections, gum disesesacid, acid riflux in throatbell's, bell's palsysome, some neurological disease like parkinsonism. Head or ear injury, as a part of middle ear surgery due to chorda tympani nerve affection B12, B12 & zinc defieciency auto, auto immune diseases of mouth- eyes during, during pregnacy due to hormonal influx as motion sickness, smoking(reduces saliva tionnicotine, nicotine comes in saliva) alcohol drugs (thyroid, alcohol, drugs (thyroid medications drug, drug used for amoebiasis like metronidazole, quininelithium cancer drugs etc, over 250 drugs affect taste.
Excess use of sweets chocolates chilly, chilly spices also affect taste various chemicals affect.
How to avoid?
Avoid hot food eat, eat only when hungry regular, regular tongue cleaning twice, twice or thrice soft brushing teeth, dental flossing treat, treat sinus nose infections and allergy avoid, avoid spicy food quit, quit or reduce smoking avoid, avoid keeping gutka/paan for long in mouth careful, careful ear operations etc
How to improve taste?
Avoid combination dishes and storage as in a casserole flavour the food eat, eat variety food chew, chew properly eat, eat sugar free mints and gums, eat orange lemon adesserve, lemonades, serve food that looks like itself ex fishnasal, nasal saline spray can help.
Zinc and vitamin 12 supplement lipoic, lipoic acid use.
Let taste be a special sense for our life timetreat.treat early by expert.
I am 25 yrs old girl. I have crossed my expected date of period. Help me out to get it as soon as possible.
Hi doctor, My wife is in period now. She is afraid of sleep with me and think that it would infect me. In period time, do I need to sleep separately from her.
My wife is age 28 and she did 4 times birth control, She will not do sex now, she tell whn evr I asked to do im not interested in this thing right now that is the problem.
I tested 5 days b4 for pregnancy my periods were almost 5 days late. Every time it has been regular when I tested I got I darkish purple line n a faint line. please suggest am I pregnant or should I test it again.
Irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) is one of the most common disorders of digestive system producing a spectrum of symptoms such as persistent and recurring abdominal pain associated with passing of motion, change of bowel habit (diarrhea, constipation, or alternating diarrhea and constipation), etc. without any apparent cause.
Irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) is the disorder of function, which means that the bowel doesn't work, as it should. If one visualizes the bowel, it appears perfectly normal without any inflammation or other structural changes. In people with IBS, the intestines squeeze too hard or not hard enough and cause food to move too quickly or too slowly through the intestines.
What are the symptoms of IBS?
People with IBS have symptoms that can include:
- Diarrhea (often described as violent episodes of diarrhea)
- Constipation alternating with diarrhea
- Belly pains or cramps, usually in the lower half of the belly, that get worse after meals and feel better after a bowel movement
- A lot of gas or bloating
- Harder or looser stools than normal (pellets or flat ribbon stools)
- A belly that sticks out
- Stress can make symptoms worse.
How does homeopathy treat IBS?
IBS can have significant impact on individual's social, personal, and professional life. Homeopathy offers proven treatment for the IBS which treats the Mind and Body connections. IBS calls for the treatment which should address the emotional stress, the stress coping system and the intestinal hypersensitivity. This is what homeopathy attempts doping exactly. The scientific and documented study shows that the homeopathic treatment helps achieve:
- Soothing of mind
- Slowing down of negative emotions such as anxiety, sadness, frustration, hyperactivity, anger, restlessness, etc.
- Helping body's stress coping system
- Alleviating the abnormal hypersensitivity of the bowels
- Relieving the symptoms of bowel hyper-motility
- Enhancing level of joyous state of mind
- Individualistic approach whereby every patient is treated based on one's case
The Homeopathy medicine works at the deeper level, bringing the deviations of harmony among various systems of body back to normalcy. The homeopathic medicine establishes a good communication between the brain and the gut, thus ensuring proper relay of signals. The positive outcome of this is that the motility of intestines becomes regular and rhythmic, thus relieving complaints of either diarrhea or constipation or both.
Moreover, Homeopathy improves the pain threshold of individual, thus alleviating symptoms of pain and cramps associated with IBS. Homeopathy medicines work at deeper level of an individual to root out root causes. The two factors that are triggering causes of IBS are emotional stress and exaggerated sensitivity to food items.
Homeopathy has very well perceived the influences of psyche on the physique of an individual. Homeopathy medicines positively influences the emotions and thinking of an individual so that the person can cope with stress optimistically. Homeopathy medicines have proven efficacy to manage mental stress and its offshoots like IBS. Homeopathy medicines aid in minimizing food sensitivities and allergies. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a homeopathy and ask a free question.
In today's college or generation If any normal girl in contact with boy as frnd So after marriage she will conceive or not immediately.
Can I have sex just after period off on 8th day in order to get pregnant. From 8th day can I start doing sex till 14th day.
Ayurveda is an ancient healing technique that is very effective for today's lifestyle ailments. For many people, low back ache can be troublesome. While strong pills and capsules may give you temporary relief, they do not address the core issue and have a number of side effects. Ayurveda on the other hand, addresses the trigger and has no side effects.
Intrigued! Take a look at these Ayurvedic techniques to cure low back pain:
- Cut out on spices: We may think it unrelated, but low back pain is often accompanied by indigestion. Spinal cord nerves connect to back muscles and digestive organs. Hence, a small change in your diet can have a great impact on your health. Spicy food aggravates the digestive system and has a drying effect on the body. By cutting back on spices and oil, the digestive system can work better and there will be less stress on the nerves connecting the spinal cord and back muscles and thus result in lesser back aches.
- Warm your body: According to Ayurveda, back pains are caused by an increase in vata dosha or the amount of air and ether elements in the body. Warming the body can help lower these levels. Apply a heat pack to the back as a way of keeping the external body surface warm. Additionally, add warm food to your diet. This opens out any blockages in your digestive system and in turn reduces low back pain.
- Padahastasana: Ayurveda is very closely linked to yoga. Padahastasana is a yoga asana which addresses lower back pain by opening up the digestive channels and allowing the vata dosha to flow easily through the body. To practice this asana, stand with your legs together and lift your arms straight above your head while inhaling. As you exhale, bend forward from the hips while keeping your back and legs straight. Try and touch your toes. Hold the position for as long as possible and come back to the starting position while inhaling.
- Anuloma Viloma: Anuloma Viloma is a breathing exercise that balances the vata dosha. This is a technique that involves breathing from alternate nostrils. To begin, close the right nostril with your thumb and inhale through the left nostril. Close both nostrils and hold your breath for a few seconds. Then, release through the left nostril. Repeat this process, starting from the left nostril.
- Bishop's weed seed tea: Tea made from the seeds of Bishop's weed is can provide instant pain relief from low back pains. This is suitable for men and women of all ages except those with heart problems.
The core principle of Ayurveda is to listen to your body's messages. These techniques will help you become more tuned to your body's needs and keep you free from back aches.
I want to know the effects of unwanted 72 On health. I am 21 yrd old. My fiancee ejaculated on external genitalia but I am virgin till now we didn't have sex. For precaution I have took unwanted 72 within 4 hrs. Is there any chances of conceiving? But must I do now.
If we are talking health and health concerns, sneezing seems to be inconsequential. However, in reality sneezing is quite discomforting. Occasional sneezing is a natural defense mechanism of your body that helps throw out unwanted elements in the respiratory passage. This cannot be called a disease. A certain kind of sensitivity in the mucous membrane of your nose can make you sneeze repeatedly. Irritability to specific food products or weather conditions can lead to frequent sneezing. Recurrent sneezing is therefore directly linked to various kinds of allergy.
Ayurveda has been known for its efficacy in treating a vast range of diseases. Ayurveda diagnoses an ailment or a disorder in eight ways. This branch of alternative medicine examines the pulse, urine, stool, tongue, vision, speech and the touch of a person. The problem of intermittent sneezing can also be dealt with through the use of Ayurvedic diagnostic procedures and medications.
Haridrakhanda: This powder is recommended by Ayurvedic practitioners to treat sneezing. A spoonful of Haridrakhanda with warm milk or warm water can really make you feel better. The medication should be taken four times a day to achieve desired results.
Shadabindu Taila: Shadabindu taila or anu taila can be inhaled regularly to treat the condition of continuous sneezing.
Agasta Rasayana: People, who easily contract allergies from their surroundings and end up sneezing throughout the day, are also the ones suffering from acute constipation. Two or three spoonfuls of Agasta Rasayana can improve irregular bowel syndrome. It should be mixed with hot milk or water and taken only after dinner. Even if you are sneezing problems have been tackled, you may continue with this to prevent the problem from bothering you again.
Other Ayurvedic tips to cure sneezing are:
Keep away from taking a head bath in cold water. Lukewarm water is best suited for people prone to repetitive sneezing.
Dust, smoke and a rainy, wet weather could aggravate your condition.
Avoid the intake of cold items like ice- cream, iced tea, cold water, banana and curd if you wish to remedy allergies.
Garlic, turmeric and black pepper are also known for their benefits in curing sneezing.
1. The best way to cool water in summers:- Remember the old days when our grandparents used matkas to store water?
Science has proven that the best way to store water is in a clay water pot. Clay pots not only cool the water down, it also provide healing with the elements of earth.
2. Porous property in clay pots:- Clay is porous. A clay pot is also porous. When we store water in a clay pot, the evaporation happens. All of us read in science from 5 th standard that, what is evaporation. This process causes cooling as water particles gain energy in the form of heat, then change to gas and get mixed with air. A clay pot has small holes visible at the microscopic level through which water seeps out and gains energy to become gas and gets evaporated causing cooling. Heat and moisture circulate throughout the pot, which is not possible in metal or plastic crockery that we use today.
3. Pot water is alkaline in nature:- Another benefit of clay water pots is the alkaline nature of clay. The alkaline clay interacts with the acidity of water and provides the proper ph balance. This water can help to cure acidity and other stomach issues.
4. Boosts metabolism: Drinking the right amount of water everyday can help us boost metabolism. We usually store water in plastic containers, without realizing that there are harmful chemicals like bpa (bisphenol a) in plastic. So drinking water from a clay pot can help improve metabolism without dangerous chemicals and also increase testosterone in our body on the other hand plastic reduces the amount of testosterone in our body. Clay water tastes natural, pleasantly chilled and also helps improve metabolism and
5. Clay pot water good for throat: The water stored in an earthen pot is gentle on the throat. It is an ideal drink for people suffering from cough or cold. It prevents from sunstroke. People who are suffering with sinusitis, this water is medicine for them.
These are all the benefits of clay pot water. But it is very important to clean these regularly and replace water. You can also buy the ‘surahi’ or narrow-neck jug-shaped water pot and the ‘matka’ or traditional water pot.