Find numerous Ophthalmologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Artificial Eye Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. Jayan ShahYour feedback matters!
Recently I have noticed a tiny grain like formation on my right testicle, it can b felt under skin of the scrotum. and is fixed on the right testicle, but is not visible to eyes. I am terrified, please help.
Hello sir, I am suffering from red eye and stomach pain and headache and fever. What can I do to relax from them?
I am about 22 year old male I am suffering from head and eye pain and also pain on chest back and throat cough coldness time to time.
I have red eyes for over 3 days. What should I do. What medicines I should take to get relief very soon. Please suggest.
I have red eyes at afternoons. I also have dark lips. I don't smoke or drink. Why is this happening to me?
I have got a new baby boy in 8 of this month after birth we have found that on his left eye their is a red colour look like blood near the pupil and it's getting bigger and colour is getting more also it's started same on his right eye please let me know why is it like that?
I suddenly catch Cold. It starts with itching of eyes and then some other things. Whqt should I do About it? And is it permanent allergy?
I had red eye for last three days what should I do for this and how can I get my eye in normal condition.
I have problem with my eyes they get dry every now and then and makes me feel uncomfortable. I also have headache many a times may b because of dry eyes Why my eyes are getting dry and what should I do to prevent it.
I am 34 years old male. I am suffering from back pain for the last 3 years. I have done MRI. In MRI it is found that 1. MILD DIFFUSE DISC BULGE IS NOTED AT L3-4 LEVEL CAUSING ANTERIORTHECAL SAC indentation MINIMAL NARROWING OF BILATERAL NEURAL forminal AS WELL AS LATERAL RECESSES. 2. MILD DIFFUSE DISC BULGE IS NOTED AT L4-5LEVEL CAUSING ANTERIOR THECAL SAC INDENTATION AND NARROWING OF BILATERAL NEURAL forminal AS WELL AS LATERAL RECESSES. MILD facial ARTHROPATHY IS NOTED BILATERALLY. please MAKE ME UNDERSTAND WHAT IS THE PROBLEM AND WHAT IS THE SOLUTION.
My eye power is 4.5 and 5 myopia. I am 25, will it still increase ? I heard power stop increasing after 21-22 yrs of age. I think its increasing slowly. I have to spent lot of time studying and on computer. Please reply asap
I am a software engineer so when I am looking at system for some time my eyes are getting red and water is coming from eyes. So shall I want to take spects?
The most common vision problems are shortsightedness and farsightedness. Shortsightedness is when a person sees close objects clearly while distant objects appear blurry. It is more common than farsightedness and affects about 70% of the Asian population.
When there is a refractive issue, the prescription usually has a plus/minus with it and also a number. A ‘minus’ symbol is used to represent shortsightedness; the greater the number of the glasses, the higher the shortsightedness. High myopia is a more severe form of shortsightedness where the power is -6.0 or higher.
As mentioned, the person will be able to see nearby objects but will have difficulty seeing far off objects.
- Difficulty reading signs and boards
- Straining to reduce the strain on the eye
- Tired and fatigue due to this eye strain, especially when in constant move like playing sports or travelling
How it happens?
Vision can be explained by a physical process where light passes through a lens and falls on the retina in the posterior portion of the eye where it forms an image. This is then sent to the brain where it is read and interpreted as a particular object. When the lens becomes elongated, the image that is formed is distorted in that it is formed in front of the retina and not on the retina. Though it gradually settles down with adulthood, in most cases, it progresses and requires corrective lenses. The corrective lenses ensure the image falls on the retina and visual perception is improved.
- Corrective glasses are the most commonly used measure for nearsightedness. The lenses could be used either as spectacles or as contact lenses.
- Laser surgery can also be used to correct the problem. A thin layer of the cornea is removed and the image formation is corrected.
- Artificial intraocular lenses are also being used to treat this condition. They work like contact lenses and may need periodic replacement.
- The most common technique, especially for high myopia is the use of surgery to correct the problem. This is a one-time correction and is a more durable solution than the earlier mentioned options.
- Appropriate calculations are done to identify the lens to be used so that proper vision is restored.
- Though not common, retinal detachment and variable postoperative refractive error can occur during the surgery.
- It is very important to set realistic expectations with the patient in terms of what to expect before, during, and after surgery. If only one eye is going for repair, the chances of mismatch in vision could be present in the early stages. Being clear about what to expect will help in successful correction. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ophthalmologist.