Find numerous Dermatologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Dermatologists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dermatologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Chemical Peels Treatment
Derma Roller Treatment
Hair Mesotherapy Treatment
Nail Surgery Procedures
Restylane Vital Procedure
Vampire Face Lift Procedures
Facial Rejuvenation Treatment
Hair Restoration Techniques
Line And Wrinkle Smoothing Procedures
Mole Removal Procedure
Mole Removal Surgery
Skin Polishing Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Jay GupteYour feedback matters!
A beautiful mane with a healthy scalp and shiny hair is something each one of us desire. However, given the multiple factors that affect its health including diet, lifestyle and environment, this desire remains a dream for many. There are good and bad sides to it. The bad thing is that hair problems, dandruff, itching, graying and hair loss are here to stay. The good news is that there are simple, easily available ways and methods that can be effectively used to control these problems.
Homeopathy believes that most health issues have an underlying, deep seated issue and treating that can help in getting rid of the symptoms:
- Alopecia (Hair loss): Some people can have generalized hair loss, while some could have patches of balding areas develop on the head. Where other remedies have failed, some people have had successful hair regrowth with homeopathic medications like silicea, kalium carbonicum, lycopodium, Natrum muriaticum, Pulsatilla pratensis, Borax, Cinchona officinalis, and various other products are used effectively to improve hair growth.
- Dandruff: There is flaking of the scalp, and people with oily skin have a higher incidence of having dandruff. Other reasons include hormonal imbalance, poor scalp/hair health, emotional stress and poor quality hair products. Kali sulphuricum is used for profusely oily, white scaly dandruff. Thuja is used in people with white scaly flaking. If there is associated hair loss, phosphorus is used. Natrum muriaticum, Sulphur, Carboneum sulphuratum, Lycopodium, Mezereum, Ammonium muriaticum, Arsenic album, Calcarea, Medorrhinum, Heracleum sphondylium and Kali carbonicum are also used based on associated symptoms.
- Graying of hair: Various reasons for graying include stress, environmental exposure, hair products, poor diet and of course genetic. Gray hair can be treated using various homeopathic preparations depending on the associated symptoms, which might point to the likely root of the problem. Phosphoric acid is used when there is associated grief. Lycopodium is used when there is only partial graying in some areas. In anaemic or weak patients, Natrum mur is used. If digestive symptoms are also present, silicea is used.
- Scalp psoriasis (know more about Psoriasis problem): If there is a burning sensation associated with the infection, Sulphur is used. In people with excessive scratching, calcarea is used. Graphites provide relief where there is significant dryness and itching. In people with associated gastric or urinary symptoms, lycopodium is effective. If the psoriasis is worsening in cold weather, sepia is an option. (learn more about Infection on Scalp)
As is evident, these hair problems and interlinked and the agents used in treatment can be used in more than one condition. Self-medication should best be avoided. The presenting symptoms have an underlying cause, and it is best that a detailed discussion with the doctor on the symptoms is done before getting these medicines prescribed.
I am suffered skin problem on face I don't know what it is small and small wholes and small small pimples.
I'm 19 year old female. My skin is very sensitive. I use doctor's recommended medicines and cream. After using this my skin and body color is totally different. My face colour is fairer but my body colour is darker than my face. And little little thin skins coming out from my face. I'm very scared. How do I do? Please help me.
I am 18 years old, I have skin problem. When I was 14 years old my skin have 2-3 mole (til). But niw its 10 mole on my face. How can I reduce it. I have dark circles also on my face. I want to reduce that both skin problems. Please give an right advice.
Can I get white skin tone by using bengal gram ("senaga pindi" in telugu) ?can I use bengal gram for skin for skin whitening?
Hi Doctor I don't know why I got black dark strips all over my body including hands legs neck how to get rid of this?
Sir from last 3 to 4 years I hav a allergy on my skin or in blood I dont know. But a little scratch has come on my skin then swells from that part. What should I do for this please suggest me.
Hlo doc. I use min to put foam on my hair both time in a day., any hair oil need for use and which time use.
Hello doctor today I went to hair cut and I got my armpit clear barber has used the electric trimmer and accidentally he put a small cut on the mole on my armpit after few secs I noticed there is little blood after going home put the dettol and also apply mustard oil, I am scared that whether he is cleaning his trimmer or not . Basically I am afraid of getting HIV infection , please help me out.
Hello doctors, my hair is continuing fall what can I do for stop them emergency. please tell me if there is any way of stopping the hair fall I shall very greatfull to you.
I am 24 years old and had an issue with scars on face due acne and black heads for 3 years and I tried using aloe vera gel and almond oil but not got any relief. So can you suggest me how to reduce scars permanently.
There are 2 types of hair transplant methods, namely, Follicular Unit Extraction (FUE) and Follicular Unit Transplantation (FUT). In the FUE procedure, an incision is made near the hair follicle, after which the follicle is transplanted to the thinning area. Of the two processes, this is the costlier one and also takes a longer time since the procedure is repeated for each hair follicle. The FUT method, on the other hand, involves removing a strip of the outer layer of the skin and then transplanting it into the thinning area.
This procedure is simple and one hardly feels a thing
- The Planning Stage: In the planning phase, a surgeon finds out the density, color, quantity and the quality of the donor's hair. The face of the person is closely analyzed before the surgery starts. Every small detail is noted and observed by the doctor in this phase.
- Pre-surgery: The patient is required to wash the hair thoroughly with a shampoo one day prior to the surgery. The same process should be repeated with a scrub two hours before the surgery.
- Donor preparation: The donor hair is trimmed to 2-3 mm and injected with local anesthesia. The area is then injected with normal saline so that it swells. The patient then becomes ready for the surgery.
- Donor tissue removal: The hair tissue from the donor area is now removed one by one. The tissue consists of hair follicles that make transplantation possible. The doctor stitches the area and this stitch is removed after 10 days of surgery.
- Graft preparation: The tissue plucked from the donor area is then grouped. Every group consisting of hair follicles are monitored before they go through a lot of procedure. Many follicles are rejected after the procedure and the leftovers are used for replacement. Patients mostly relax during this time.
- Graft insertion: Now the recipient area is prepared by injecting local anesthesia. The surgeon goes on to make several incisions in the recipient area. The number of incisions done is equal to the number of follicles available from the donor. This is the most crucial step in the whole procedure. A transplant surgeon is required to focus on minute details such as the depth of incision, the angle of hair, location of placing the new follicles etc. The follicles are placed one by one. This procedure might take hours depending on the number of grafts to be implanted.
- Post-surgery procedure: Hair transplant is completed and the patient is sent back home on the same day. Most surgeons abstain from putting any bandage as there is a risk of damaging the draft. Tiny hair stubbles along with the incisions are witnessed after a couple of days from the surgery. The swelling that may result from this procedure quickly heals. You will see new strands of hair within a couple of weeks of the surgery.