Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Janab DoshiYour feedback matters!
Hi my doctor suggested me take copper T to avoid pregnancy. I asked to doctor I do Not want second baby in that time she suggested me the copper T. May I know this is a tablet or what.
Hi My last period date was 13th September And our sex date were 19th and 21th but after 4 days I failed breast pain, morning sickness, and some other symptoms also. But. I test pregnancy through test kit result is negative .and Yesterday that mean 28th Sept again exists period .it happens first time that within 15 days again period. So now my question are 1) what's the cause of period within 15 days? 2) please tell me is it a sign of negative pregnancy result or miscarriage?
My boobs are not same. Its not slightly big. I thnk one site is 32 size nd another is 30. Soo how I same. I do not want to eat medicine. I want to any cream ya oil to maintain it. M 20 years old.
Pain in right breast, multiple fibroids in left breast and pain also. My maternal grandmother had breast cancer. Does this mean I have more chances of having breast cancer?
My wife is pregnant for the last eight months tell me which type of food is better for her health and food timings list is there send me. Thank you.
Hi me and my gf want to have sex without any precautions. Can you say me the exact what days after or before period to have a sex. Without getting pregnancy.
Dr. I mated with my would be on 17th feb. I did not get periods on 1st week of march (normally I get 1st week of month. We waited for next month even though I did not get periods. Urinary pregnancy test was doubt ful. If I get positive upto what date I use medical methods to abort this. please mention date and month. Suggest pill also. Thank you.
Diabetes during pregnancy is known as gestational diabetes. It is interesting to note that the chances of getting gestational diabetes, is one of the most common complication of pregnancy. It has increased by almost 40%. Also, gestational diabetes not only affects the health of the mother, but also the health of the baby. What usually happens with gestational diabetes is that the blood sugar level, of both the mother and the baby go above the normal level.
Ayurveda can help treat this disease. Here are the most common Ayurveda remedies for gestational diabetes.
- Gurmaar: Gurmaar, called "The Sugar Killer" is also known as Gymnema sylvestre in medical jargon. Gurmaar also contains gymnemic acid molecules, which are crucial because they have an anti-diabetic effect. They work by combining with glucose molecules, which are in the blood stream. These stop the glucose from entering the bloodstream.
- Karela: Karela is commonly known as bitter gourd and its biological name is Momordica charantia. It has anti-diabetic properties and also contains many other micronutrients, which are crucial in preventing the complications which arise from gestational diabetes.
- Vizaysaar: Vizaysaar comes from the bark of a tree whose biological name is Pterocarpus marsupium. It is very useful for diabetes. If you immerse the wood of Vizaysaar in water overnight and then drink it, your blood sugar levels are expected to fall.
- Saptrangi: Saptrangi is biologically known as Salacia oblonga. Just like Vizaysaar, it is a tree whose bark is immersed in water and then drunk by the patient suffering from diabetes. You will know that the water is ready for drinking when it turns brown, which usually happens overnight. It is also being studied in Western herbal schools in addition to Ayurveda nowadays.
- Tulsi: Tulsi is a holy plant in Hindu mythology and is known as Ocimum sanctum in biological terms. It is worshiped as a holy plant because it has tremendous medicinal properties including treating many types of cancers, cough, cold, sore throat as well as reducing blood sugar.
- Ashwagandha: The medical name for ashwagandha is Withania somnifera. It is another great remedy for diabetes.
Hello. Me and my gf had foreplay on 23rd july and rubbed our genitals. She had her last periods on 15th july. She had her underwear on. I was naked. But I did not ejaculate neither penetrated. Today is 16th and she still has not got her periods. We did urine test and it was negative. What could be the reason? And can she get pregnant?
After 1st sitting, you might face problem of ulceration, then you would be prescribed with relieving gel, apply it with cotton applicator tip.(you can use ear bud)
Doctor, I am 27 years old, I had a miscarriage in 9th month last July 2015 the reason is not known as doctors just said amniotic fluid was nil. So now I am again planning, as doctors say the most fertile days are starting 9 -19 day from your 1st day of menstruation cycle but my husband travels abroad frequently so need to know if I take medicines.
Hello doctor. Am 5 months pregnant and have an extreme craving of white clay which is also known as khade in Hindi. If I doesn't take some pieces of that I get nausea. So please advice me that can intake of white clay is dangerous to my baby or me. please help me out Thanking you.
I am pregnant and I did ultrasound and doctor told me that there is a small swelling in baby's right kidney. please tell me the cause and what should I do. I am worried.
Every person faces ups and downs in life, the difference lies in how we deal with the low points of our life. Losing someone you love is probably the saddest experience anyone can go through. Our natural reaction to such a loss is grief. The more significant the loss; the more intense your grief will be. There is no right or wrong way to grieve and everyone grieves in a different way.
However, here are a few healthy ways you can cope with your loss to move on with your life.
1. Build a support system: When you are grieving, you may feel that nobody understands how you feel and would want to isolate yourself. Do not allow yourself to withdraw into a shell and instead build a support system of friends and family who you trust. You could also visit a counselor who is trained to deal with such situations. Joining a support group can also help.
2. Face your grief: Not allowing yourself to grieve can do more harm than good. You can suppress your grief for a short time but you cannot avoid it forever. The longer you avoid facing it, the more difficult it will be. Suppressing grief can also lead to a number of health problems such as depression, substance abuse and anxiety.
3. Look after your health: When grieving for the loss of a loved one, you may not feel hungry and may want to simply lie in bed all day. But you must instead get out, eat right and exercise regularly. When the body is healthy, you not only feel better physically but also emotionally. Avoid turning to alcohol and drugs to lift your mood.
4. Express yourself: Bottling up your emotions is never a good idea. However, sometimes talking about how you feel can be difficult. In such situations, look for alternate means of expressing yourself. For examples, you could try painting or start a scrapbook.
5. Look out for grief triggers: What makes coping with the loss of a loved one difficult is the fact that you share a number of life events with them. Birthdays, anniversaries, holidays and festive occasions can bring back memories of the person and overwhelm you. To successfully heal, you must plan ahead for events like this that will trigger grief. Do not allow yourself to be alone at such times.
6. Seek professional help: Sometimes, when you are dealing with the loss of a loved one, you find yourself sinking into depression or find it difficult to resume your normal lifestyle. It is a good idea to consult a mental health practitioner or counselor.
I am 5th month pregnant and taking all supplements as prescribed by doctor. From last 3-4 days m having headache continuously. Pls guide.
Sex, alcohol, and drugs at a glance:
Being drunk or high can cause you to do sexual things that you wouldn't normally want to do.
Mixing sex with drugs and alcohol can increase your risk of unintended pregnancy and STDs.
If you have sex with someone who's drunk or high, it could be considered a crime.
How do alcohol and drugs affect my sex life?
For starters, drugs and underage drinking are illegal. But also, getting drunk or high can cause problems in your sex life — and your relationships.
Mixing drugs (including alcohol) with sex is a bad idea because it can:
Make people have sex or do sexual things they wouldn't want to do if they were sober. Drugs and alcohol affect consent.
Make you forget to have safer sex.
Make you use condoms and birth control wrong.
Make it harder to orgasm (cum).
Make it difficult for guys to get and keep erections.
How can drugs and alcohol affect my decisions about sex?
Drugs and alcohol cloud your judgment. Choices about what music to listen to or what movie to see aren't very important. But the decision to have sex is a big one. Lots of young adults say they've done more sexual stuff after drinking or doing drugs than they'd planned.
And if you're drunk or high, you might not use condoms correctly, or you might forget to use them at all. So mixing sex with alcohol or other drugs increases your risk for unintended pregnancy and STDs.
The inability to conceive after indulging in unprotected sex is known as infertility. It can also be referred to the biological incapability of a male to cause the conception or a woman being unable to carry the pregnancy for full term. Research has shown that female problems contribute to over half of all the infertility cases while a majority of the other causes include sperm disorders.
Treatment of infertility depends on:
- Cause of Infertility
- Duration of Infertility
- Age of both partners
- Personal preferences
Causes of infertility in women include:
1. Ovulation disorders: This is regarded as the most common cause of infertility in women. The disorders can be caused due to the following
- Premature ovarian failure
- PCOS (polycystic ovary syndrome)
- Poor egg quality
- Overactive or Underactive thyroid gland
- Chronic conditions like cancer or AIDS.
2. Problems in fallopian tubes or uterus: Abnormalities in the uterus or fallopian tubes render the woman incapable of conceiving naturally. This might be due to:
3. Medications: There is a possibility that treatment will cure infertility. Examples include NSAIDs (non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs), Chemotherapy and Radiotherapy.
Treatment of infertility might involve a significant amount of psychological, physical, temporal and financial commitments.
In men, treatment is done to treat lack of healthy sperm or general sexual problems. The treatments include:
- Change in lifestyle
- Sperm retrieval
Even though it is possible to restore fertility in women using only one or two therapies, a number of treatments might be required before conception is possible. Some of these treatments include:
- Intrauterine insemination (IUI)
- Stimulation of ovulation with fertility drugs
- Surgery to restore fertility
In situations where pregnancy does not happen spontaneously, Assisted Reproductive Technology (ART) can be used by couples to achieve pregnancy. It is a form of fertility treatment which involves the handling of sperm and egg. The entire ART team consists of psychologists, physicians, embryologists, nurses and lab technicians.
One common ART technique is In vitro fertilization (IVF). It is a process where an egg and sperms are manually combined in a laboratory dish, followed by transfer of embryo to the uterus. Some aspects involved in an IVF cycle are:
- Intracytoplasmic sperm injection (ICSI)
- Assisted hatching
- Donor eggs or sperm
- Gestational carrier
Some complications that may occur during the treatment of infertility are:
- Multiple pregnancy
- Ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome (OHSS)
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gynaecologist.