Find numerous Dermatologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Dermatologists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dermatologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Jamuna Pai
Laser Hair Removal
Mole Removal Procedure
Skin Care Treatment
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Skin Diseases Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Wart Removal Technique
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Stretch Marks Treatment
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Jamuna PaiYour feedback matters!
I am 30 years old and suffering from huge hair loss day to day. Hairs are getting very thin. What should I do?
I got pimples on my face from ninth class now i'am in btech 1st year but i'am not getting rid of this problem please solve my problem.
Hello Dr. Maeray face Kay pores open ho rhe h. Please suggest me any medicine. Please tell me what should I do?
Hello sir, My age is 20 and my hairs are white from two to four years. What could be the reason behind it.
Hi. I am having acne problems.My skin is oily and i face acne problem on the back of my shoulder also.The pores of my face and back get filled with oil and whitr heads. Please suggest me what to do ? How to get rid of this ?
I am 17 years old girl I am having pimples on face and after pimple scars. Please suggest me som tube or gel to cure them as soon as possible .please help.
I have bumpy acne scars on my nose and normal acne scars on my cheeks. I went to a homeopathic doctor and he gave me something called" bar" It is a liquid medicine. And he gave me some white small tablets. The dosage is 6 tablets 3 times a day. Can this medicine help me in removing the bumpy scars and normal scars. Please help!
I want my face to shine. During class duration of 6-7 hours my face becomes very dull. Is there anything so that glow in the face could remain.
Skin tanning is increasing day by day I am suffering from black head black under eyes pls help me to detan my face and toxify it pls provide some home remedies too.
Birthmarks are dark spots/blemishes that are present at birth or appear soon after. Most of them are harmless and while some disappear with time, some don't. Birthmarks may cause a person to be conscious of their appearance and some types of marks may even pose health problems. You can opt for birthmark removal for cosmetic or health reasons.
Types of birthmarks
The two major types of birthmarks are vascular birthmarks, which are caused due to the incorrect formation of blood vessels; and pigmented birthmarks that are caused due to an overgrowth of pigmentation cells.
Common vascular birthmarks are 3 types:
- Haemangiomas: Bright red or bluish marks that may appear above or below the skin's surface.
- Port-wine stains: They are discolorations found mainly on the neck, face arms or legs, which look like wine was spilled on that area of the body.
- Macular stains: These are faint red marks often found on the forehead, eyelids, nape of the neck, nose or the upper lip.
Pigmented birthmarks are generally of 3 typpules- Cafe-au-lait spots, which are common coffee colored spots; Mongolian spots that are flat, bluish-gray patches on the lower back or buttocks; and moles that may be tan or black, flat or raised and may have hair growing out of them. Moles may develop into skin cancer.
So, in cases where a birthmark can be potentially fatal for your health, it's best to get it removed.
Here are the different ways you can choose from if you intend to get your birthmark removed.
- Laser surgery - It's a widely popular birthmark procedure, especially for port-wine stains. A yellow light laser, called flashlamp pumped a dye laser, is commonly used for treating and removing birthmarks in children. Haemangiomas are generally treated with a pulse dye laser when they start to grow in size and become thicker than before.
- Surgery - Surgical excision can help remove a birthmark and minimize the resulting scar. Mongolian birthmarks, port-wine stains, and haemangiomas can be treated with surgery.
- Cryosurgery and Electrodessication - Cryosurgery is the application of extreme cold to the affected area to destroy the diseased tissue. Electrodessication refers to the destruction of tissues by dehydration induced by a high-frequency electric current.
- Resurfacing lasers: Resurfacing lasers (carbon dioxide and Erbium: YAG) that vaporise the surface skin, and cryotherapy, use to remove pigmented lesions, they may improve the appearance.