Find numerous Ophthalmologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Artificial Eye Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. Jain JhamnaneYour feedback matters!
Hello sir, I am taking glaucoma medication from last 3 years. I am 30yr old. My doctor says I need to take medicine for life long. Is there any alternative, if no then I am thinking of trying ayurvedic, please advise.
My eyes getting weak continuously. And am having more work on laptops so please suggest me something so I can save my eyes. Already I am having -3 number.
I have a craze in electronics, specifically robotics. So I use to spend a long time soldering and making circuits. But sometimes I feel very disgusted due to the vapours of lead oxides from soldering. I use to come in contact with a lot of dust too. What all precautions and steps can I take to care my eyes?
I have red eyes for month give the suitable treatment over the disease that im suffering from long time.
I'm suffering with viral fever and infection on my knees and a major problem that is I have colour blindness and tuberculosis.
Please tell me about eye pressure. What kind of treatment is better for that? Will it cause any side effect? Is it curable? Please respond to my question. Thanks in advance.
I am 20 year old male. For the past two days. I've noticed that my skin and eyes feel hot. No fever or any other symptoms. Just burning of eyes and skin and also difficulty to sleep at night. I have not been doing any other activities. What could be the reason n solution?
Can I use rose water for eyes itching problem in the morning. Is it good for eyes or not. Suggest me. Thank you.
I am 20 years old and I worked 12 hours on pc or smartphone. Should I take any special glasses or anything.
My little sister have problem of dry eyes since from last november'14. I have visited many doctors in kolkata for this in last few months. She has also went for l v prasad few times as she was in hyderabad for her study. Now the doctors from kolkata, every one suggest her to put a eye drop called systern ultra for 7-8 times 2 drops each time on each eye & restasis eye drop 2 drops on each eye 2 times in time. Now she is telling every time she can't read any thing like newspaper for a 5 min. Continue. We also told it to the doctor but everyone told us it will take 3 mnths to start action of restasis. She love to read & very unfortunately she has to stop at the last of her m. Phil course. Now this is the other problem for her mental block that she is also suffering. Now I want to know is there any way that she can start her reading right now. Please suggest me what should I do right now for her.
My eyes is very painful and my hole body is pain. Sir kuch batao mene or jagah bhi dikhaya tha lekin koi farak nhi aya.
I have problem with my eyes. I have been using specs for 4 years. Is it safe to use lens or is it safe to have a laser treatment.
I am suffering from fever last two days ago. When turn My eyes eyes or pain and also body pains so which tablet s Are Better for me.
Hi, Have been having eye aches and headache on one side of head for the past one week. I also sweat even when it's cold. Please help.
Hello, I have eye bag in right eye. Can it be cure. I also had myopic. I regularly use contact lens and spec. How can I cure it. please suggest me some eye excise to cure it. My age is 30.
While riding bike something went into the eyes in morning. Generally foreign particles gets auto flushed if I keep the eye closed for 10-15 min, but this problem persisted till night even after sleeping for 2 hrs in between. Also I was studying till late night. Next day the irritation had gone but the eye started twitching. Am just worried is it normal or requires doctors attention.
The spots which occur in the vision are known as eye floaters. One might feel specks of gray and black or cobwebs and strings drifting in the eyes and the same darts away on staring at them directly. The most common cause of eye floaters is age related. This happens when the vitreous & the jelly like substance of the eye becomes very liquid. The fibers within the vitreous clump to form small shadows on the retina. This gives it an appearance of floaters.
Symptoms of eye floaters Include:
- Spots in the vision which appear as knobby or dark specs and strings that are transparent float in the eye
- Spots which move when the eyes are moved and when one tries to look at them these spots quickly move away from the field of vision
- Spots that are noticed most when looking at plain backgrounds like a white wall or blue sky
- Spots which settle and drift put slowly from the vision
Causes of eye floaters are:
- Age-related: The most common cause of eye floaters is the age related changes in the vitreous. Vitreous is a jelly like substance which fills the eyeballs and help it to maintain the round shape. With age the vitreous liquefies partially and this causes it to be pulled away from the interior surface of the eyeball. As the vitreous sags and shrinks, it becomes stringy and clumpy. When the vitreous gets clumpy then small debris block the light which passes through the eye and casts shadows on the retina.
- Inflammation at the back of the eye: The inflammation of the layers of the uvea in the back region of the eye is called posterior uveitis. This can give rise to eye floaters. Posterior uveitis is usually caused by inflammatory disease or infections.
- Bleeding in the eye: Bleeding of the eye in the vitreous can have any cause associated with it. Some might be an injury or the problems of the blood vessel.
- Torn retina: Tearing of the retina occurs when the sagging vitreous applies a pressure on the retina and ends up tearing it. If treatment not given then the retinal tear might lead to the detachment of the retina and accumulation of fluid behind the retina. This causes the retina to separate from the eye. If not treated it might also lead to permanent vision loss.
Treatment of Eye Floaters:
- Eye floaters are very frustrating and might take time to adjust to them. However, with time one might start ignoring them and noticing them less.
- Eye floaters which lead to impaired vision might need laser to disrupt the floaters or surgery to remove the vitreous.