Find numerous Physiotherapists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Physiotherapists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Physiotherapists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Shin Splints
Spinal Fusion Surgery
Treatment of Splinting
Treatment of Knee replacement
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Heat Therapy Treatment
Interferential Therapy Procedure
Neuro Physiotherapy Treatment
Post Pregnancy Classes
Postural Training Techniques
Pregnancy Exercise Therapy
Sports And Musculoskeletal Physiotherapy
Sports Fracture Rehabilitation
Treatment of Sports Injuries
Sports Physical Therapy Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Jahanara ShirodkarYour feedback matters!
Hello everybody, i am nishant, 31,from delhi. I am experiencing some pain in my shin bone of both legs. The pain increases whenever i run. I consulted a orthopadic doctor,he told me that the pain can be due to calcium deficiency.Even my xray was normal. Afer taking the prescribed medicine by him, there is no relief. After i did some research on my own i think i am suffering from shin splint. Kindly advice.
Hello Dr! My father suffered from chikungunya about a month ago but joints pain remain yet. Please suggest what to do?
I stepped on a stone about 4 - 5 months back, since then, there is pain in foot just like some one poking with a sharp object. This pain is not constant at one place of foot. What should I do.
My friend, when he was a child met with an accident with a sharp object in his eye. He lost his eye sight due to that and now he has only a partial eye sight to that eye (can detect only shapes which are close and that too with blur). His eye pupil lost it's normal exact circular shape. He can see with his other eye and due to this, he got squint too. Now he wants to get back his vision to his eye. Question: 1. Is it possible to get back the vision back completely? 2. What is the problem and it's name which caused this condition to him? 3. Such kind of treatment or what should be done to get back his eye sight completely. Note: Somebody told him, there may be optical nerve damage. Is it true? If yes, then what should be done to get back his eye sight completely?
I am 48 years old having little back pain and feeling chest discomfort some time . What should I do.
, I am from borivali (mumbai. My age is 30, I am suffering from leg pain from last 3 year, having pain in both leg below knee, all the time it stay pain, and in night and morning having much pain, have gone to so may doctor but ot getting relief. please help
I am 26 years old and I have constant pain on my left knee. It cracks like knuckles all the time and it pains if I straighten my leg. Please help
I have a problem for many years, stomach pain or gas, back pain for late night sleeping. My digestive system not ok it's supposed to many diseases in my body. Digestive problem very creative I' m not fine.
I am 26 years old male, sometime I have pain on right testicles, scrotum, prostate, back of my leg from knee, sharp pain on the hip and like a bone pain inside the butt. It all happens on right side and it happens like 2 or 3 times in a day and it all are like a mild pain.
I am 21 and mostly uses pills after sex and later at menses time I am having unbearable pain in stomach and back pain. What was the reason and suggest me.
I have got Achilles Tendonitis (severe pain in my Achilles tendon at the back of left foot) due to car driving and using the clutch excessively, I have not had any injury. Could it be due to uric acid and a gout attack? I have had past history of uric acid? should I take Feburic along with Combiflam. I am 48 years old, weight is higher than normal Uric acid is on higher side -8.2 always. Used to take Feburic, stopped now.
Hi, I am 30 years old and I have knee joints pain since last 8 months. The pain starts the moment I start running or put some stress on my knees by excercise. This pain started when I joined gym and started running on treadmill. Please help me to cure this problem. Many thanks in advance for help.
Sports injuries can occur in children if proper precautions are not taken. A proper warm up before exercise followed by stretching helps in easing muscular stress and thus preventing injuries. It is important to supervise children when they are engaging in physical exercise or sports.
The tips to prevent sports injuries in children are:
- Talk to them: A child may experience pain but may not show it, so it is important to encourage them to speak up when they experience pain. Most sports-related injuries in kids can be prevented by early intervention.
- Preseason physical: It is important to get a preseason physical to determine your child's fitness. This can help determine if the child is fit to play and thus consequently, minimizing the risk of injuries.
- A proper warm-up: You should emphasize on the importance of a proper warm-up to your child. Make sure your child performs a mix of dynamic and static stretches to warm up before playing. It will raise the heart rate and increase blood flow thus making him ready to play.
- Cross training: Children should cross train with multiple sports, as playing one sport for a long time may stress the joints. This is done to prevent overuse of muscles and prevent boredom.
- Well hydrated: Make sure your child is well hydrated as an excessive fluid loss may result in fatigue and vomiting. Playing sports in summer can result in fluid loss through sweating and therefore needs to be replenished in order to prevent further complications.
- Follow proper techniques: It is important to observe that your child is following proper techniques while playing a sport. Disregarding the guidelines can result in injury.
- Proper diet: A proper nutritious diet is recommended to make sure that your child is getting all his necessary minerals and vitamins. It allows the child to become fitter and less prone to injuries.