Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Jagruthi Savan
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Jagruthi SavanYour feedback matters!
I am married one year has completed but I can't conceive baby I have one abortion six month has gone so doctor has suggest to me fertisure f tablet for one month so now it is complete so now I got period yesterday 31mar so know what should I do all test abdomen sonography has done please suggest.
My friend got physical with her boyfriend without protection so she took I pill within an hour that time only. And than she got periods again after a week. That means she got periods twice a month. And on 1st day of periods she again had sex and periods were in continuation so I wanted to askb you that can she take I pill again or not? And can she do pregnancy test in periods also? And can she take I pill in periods to avoid risk?
Can we take stimulet 2.5 mg during periods? Can stay near with husband while taking it during periods.
Is sifasi 5000 iu injection safe, this is given to my wife. Will there be any serious side effects? Is this recommended?
She is suffering with thalassemia. Will it make any problem during pregnancy? Please provide some solution, I want ti see her fit and fine.
Drinking hot chocolate is not only about its delicious taste or only keeping us warm during winter nights. It has many benefits to our overall health.
Cocoa powder in chocolate is a wonderful source of flavonoids. Flavonoids are rich in antioxidants which slow down aging process and protect the skin. Antioxidants present in flavonoids also fight free radicals in our body, hence protect us against cancer and other unwanted infections.
Hot chocolate also contain phytochemicals known as theobromine which improves blood flow to brain. This results in increased brain activity and stimulates memory power. It helps to fight against dementia and also helps the patients who already suffer from dementia. Improved blood flow also lowers blood pressure and improves heart health.
Mood lifting hot chocolate is also a good source of various minerals like potassium, manganese, magnesium, copper and iron.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on'consult.
I am having long intervals in my menstrual cycle. My expected date was 18th this month and till now I have not got my periods. Please suggest.
I got married last April 2016 (8) months over still I did not got pregnancy I want to knew when I become pregnant I am getting regular periods.
It is common belief that alcohol consumption is a social menace and is injurious to health. It is the third leading lifestyle causes of death in the United States and takes a toll on the health care costs of the country. Many organs like the liver, kidney, heart, and brain are affected in people who are addicted to alcohol. However, it has been proven that alcohol consumption in minor amounts can have beneficial effects on the human body including the heart.
The side effects depend on a number of factors listed below.
- Type of alcohol consumption (social or habitual drinker)
- Amount of alcohol consumed
- Frequency of drinking
- Age, gender, and genetic predisposition of the person to develop alcohol-related diseases
- Family history of alcoholism and its related diseases
- Age at which the person started drinking
- The number of years that a person has been consuming alcohol
- Overall health condition of the person
- Exposure to alcohol as a fetus
Like the adage goes, anything in excess is bad. It is not necessary that a habitual or social drinker who consumes a drink or two per week would end up with these issues. In fact, if recent studies are to be believed, mild to moderate intake of alcohol does have a benefit to overall health.
- The cardiovascular benefits are the most prominent. Red wine and beer, in particular, are shown to provide benefits against cardiovascular damage in the long run. This could be due to the antioxidant properties of red wine. Alcohol itself (ethanol or ethyl alcohol) also has a positive effect. Some varieties of beer, porter and stout varieties in particular, are also shown to be beneficial. The anti-inflammatory properties and antiatherogenic (effect on plaque formation in the blood vessel) are what contribute to these positive effects.
- There is evidence to show that cholesterol profile is improved (good cholesterol increase) and clotting function is improved in people who have mild alcohol consumption.
- The insulin sensitivity is also better, leading to better control of sugar levels.
- Light alcohol consumption also is believed to reduce the risk of hemorrhagic stroke. However, heavy alcohol consumption is believed to increase the risk of stroke and other cerebral events.
- Limited use of alcohol is also linked to reduced risk of dementia. Heavy consumption leads to faster memory decline.
- The key to note is that these benefits are only when the alcohol consumption is mild to moderate. In excess, the negative effects of alcohol are well established and numerous.
Some of the most significant ones being cirrhosis of the liver and cancers of various organs including mouth, liver, larynx, oesophagus, colon, breast, pancreas, etc. To reduce these effects, alcohol screening and brief counselling to reduce habituation are helpful.