Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. J.T.Shah
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. J.T.ShahYour feedback matters!
For 3 months I didn't got my periods. So I went to a gyna and she referred me to do a scanning. And then she find out that I have poly cystic ovary and its just a beginning. She gave me a tablet named hyponidd and said to eat it for 3 months. And I got my period after 1 week. But now again my stomach is still paining. What will I do doctors. Please help me. I can't even control my urine because of this.
My friends age is 17 She had sex and took ipill within 2 hours of sex now it has been one month passed she had a slight bleeding today. Any Chance of Pregnancy?
I am 25 year old female, I have a lumb in my right breast and I suffer pain alot. My weight is 38kg I am not able to eat food properly. I feel safocated sometime. Please help me.
During pregnancy, a woman needs to take care of her body and her baby. One of the most important parts of pregnancy is the level of nutrition and diet of the woman. This has a direct bearing on the growth of the baby as well as the progression of the pregnancy. Nutrition is a matter of deciding what kind of food one should eat and the kind of food that one should stay away from, at this point. Weight management and looking after your sugar and blood pressure levels is also a part of this nutrition plan that you will follow during your pregnancy.
In case you are confused about the diet and nutrition plan that you must follow during your pregnancy, then here is a plan that you can use. Do remember to consult your doctor so that it may be customised as per your body and specific conditions.
- Grains: You will need to ingest at least seven to eight pounds of grains in a day. These may include wheat, rice, and other local grains like Ragi, Bajra, Jowar and other such grains. You must create a good balance of these grains. But do remember to find out if you doctor would recommend the use of grains, depending on the state of your health. You may also want to watch out for signs like constipation and loose motions in case your body is not able to tolerate excessive amounts of grains. You can also stick to cereal for breakfast and other grains for lunch and dinner. Try and create a mix of grains with which you can make rotis or flatbread to be had with vegetables.
- Fruit: You will need to have at least two cups of fruit a day. In case you are diabetic or you are suffering from gestational diabetes or even a high level of sugar, you may want to consult your doctor about the amount of fruit that you can have during the day. This is also a good substitute when you are having sugar cravings during your pregnancy. Try and have plenty of fruit and mix up the colours as the fibre will also help in dealing with any constipation that you may be going through.
- Vegetables: It is imperative to have at least three to four cups of vegetables a day when you are pregnant, as this will supply a lot of nutrients, minerals and vitamins to the growing baby. You may especially want to stick to vegetables like broccoli that have a high iron and folate content which can give a good amount of folic acid. This is usually required for good growth of the foetus. As with fruit, you will need to mix up the colours and have something from each colour group every day. You can combine this with some amount of meat as well.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Hello ; My periods is not happening today is 37th day generally my period will ocur with in 35 days. I done sex with condom and I checked in pregnancy kit the result shoes negative. It shows tha I am not pregnant why my period is not ocuring.
I am diabetic frm last 6months and im also very obese I hav joined gym im taking my diabetes medicines i. E glycomet gp1 2 times in morning b4 breakfast n before dinner im having healthy diet but after gyming I feel very very exhausted very tired my legs starts paining n I feel like sleeping.
Hi doctor, We have planned for a baby. I did sex many of times and release my sperms to her vagina. Is this safe?
I had unprotected sex before 15 days. My menstruation date was on 19th but it skipped. I don't want to be pregnant. please suggest.
Hi, I am 26 year old and trying to conceive from last 6 months. Consulted a doctor in jan and then came to know thyroid problem but when I retest tsh value is 1. 31 on 16th march my homocystein level was also normal so doctor said taht I am good to conceive. We have tried this months. Lmp was 16th march 2015, we had intercourse on 29th march to 5 th april, every other day then I have spotting on 6th april and also for 3-4 days had back aches, severe cramps, headaches and acidity. My period was expected on 14th april. But on 15th april again I have brownish blood drop. I had pregnancy test on 11th april and it was negative. I am more worried. Am I pregnent or not? shall I vivit to doctor again. Why this brownish drops are there is it first day of my period. Please help.
My pregnancy result came as weakly positive in urine test and my beta hcg count is 39.4. My last period was on Nov 3rd. Doctor told that it is not a healthy pregnancy. Please help me.
After having intercourse if the female bleeds without any pain. What does this mean. And the date of her periods is on the other day. For e. G. She had blood on Sunday night and on monday I. E. The very next day she has her periods due.
I'm suffering from piles within 1 week but no bleeding present abnormal muscle present in toilet time .please suggest me.
My friend got her period while having sex with her boyfriend and then started bleeding but after few hours it stopped and still the period hasn't started again.
It is likely for you to experience false labour pain or false contractions before the beginning of true labour during pregnancy. This is called Braxton Hicks contractions, and it is the way of telling the body to get ready for the real labour pain on the day of giving birth. However, these false contractions do not indicate that the labour has started or will begin shortly.
How do false labour contractions feel like?
Women may get a tightening feeling in their abdomen, which comes and goes away, due to Braxton Hicks or false labor contractions. These false contractions may feel like menstrual cramps. These contractions are unlike true labour and usually do not cause pain. They do not occur regularly and do not get closer together. They do not last for very long or get worse with time. These false contractions may be felt during the second or third trimester of pregnancy.
The difference between Braxton Hicks and true labor contractions
There are several differences between true labor pain and false labour contractions. These are as follows:
- Comparing how often these contractions occur allows us to differentiate between true labour pains and false contractions. False labour contractions are irregular while true contractions occur at regular intervals. They last for over a minute, and they get stronger and closer with the passage of time.
- The change in these contractions are based on your movement, which allows us to differentiate between the two types. False labour contractions may end when you take a walk or rest, and stop when you change your position. In case of true labour pains, the contractions keep on continuing irrespective of any kind of movement or change in position. They do not stop even when you take some rest.
- The strength of true labour pain and false contractions is different. False labor contractions are weak in general and there are less chances of them getting worse. They are stronger in the beginning and gradually weaken. However, true labour contractions get increasingly stronger with time.
- We can differentiate between the two types of contractions on the basis of the areas which are affected with pain. False labour contractions only cause slight pain in the front part of the abdomen and the pelvis. True labour pain is much more intensive in nature. They usually begin from the lower back and move to the front abdomen region. They may start in the abdomen and move back as well.
If you are not sure and cannot differentiate between true labour pains and Braxton Hicks contractions, it is essential for you to consult a doctor. A doctor will be able to identify the true nature of the contractions.