Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. J.M. KothariYour feedback matters!
The most advanced and effective communication device in this century is mobile phone. Mobile phone is not only being used by the corporate or highly qualified professional. People from all type of social group have mobile phone in their hands now. Usage of the mobile phone is not increased only with all social groups but also with people of all age groups. Children are the more noticeable group as they are using cell phones of all types. A recent research study shows that children are really capable of using any advanced type of mobile phones even without any proper guidance. Though mobile phones are the effective mode of communication, it is a well known fact that it also has adverse side effects if being over used. The mobile phones emit shockwave radioactive radiations that affect the body in various manners.
Adverse effects of mobile phone usage:
Today's children are growing up in a radio-frequency environment that never existed in human history before. The radiation emitted by mobile phones and mobile phone masts can have adverse effects on children. Some include:
- Affects your Immunity Status: cell phones after a full day usage contains many germs on their display which are highly numbered than your toilet seats. These germs are easily transferred to your body as you touch frequently or use close to your face for talking. This increases the risk of exposure to the germs and reduces your immune strength as immune status are not fully developed for children.
- Increase Risk of Chronic Pains: prolonged use of mobile phones for playing games or texting requires continuous movement for your hands which may develop chronic pain in joints of your shoulders and hands.
- Vision Problem: children when concentrate much on playing games in mobile phone they even fail to blink frequently with the increased interest and attraction towards the game. This causes the dryness of the conjunctiva and also increases the ocular tension.
- Affects your emotions negatively and increases the stress level
Mobile Phone Safety For Kids:
As a parent, you must take preventive measures to minimize your child's exposure to the harmful effects of mobile phones. These include:
- Do not give cell phone if your child is under 16 years. A child's brain is too sensitive to withstand the effects of mobile radiation.
- Do not let your child hold a mobile phone directly up to his head. Use an air-tube headset instead.
- Do not let your child make calls in buses, trains, cars, and elevators. The mobile phone works harder to get the signal out through the metal, which increases the power level.
- Do not let your child use cell phone when the signal is weak. It will increase the power to the maximum, as the phone attempts to connect to a new relay antenna.
- Limit the use of cell phone around children.
- Make sure that there is no mobile phone mast or network tower near your home or your kid's school.
- Do not let children take mobile phones to school.
- Do not leave mobile phones in your children's bedroom at night.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
Normal pregnancy lasts for 38 to 42 weeks. However, there may be times during these weeks that you may have some physical issues such as vomiting, backache, and loose stools etc which require treatment with medicines.
Therefore, monitoring and managing these physical conditions becomes necessary to ensure a normal delivery. Management consists of both medicines and rehabilitation. Medicines are considered to be the first line of treatment; however, the health care provider needs to take care while prescribing medicines during pregnancy taking into consideration the harmful effects they can have on both – the mother and the foetus. Medicines pass on via the placenta from the mother to the foetus. Hence, before prescribing any medicine the provider should check the possibilities of the medicine causing any congenital defect. You should avoid medicines from the time of conception till the first 10 weeks, as this is the time when the foetus is most prone to the get permanent congenital deformities. Medicines given in the later stages (after 10 weeks) may cause systemic damage. For example NSAIDs (Non Steroidal Anti-Inflammatory Drugs) may lead to problems during labour or organ defects in the foetus.
Therefore, medicines should always be avoided during pregnancy. Still there are certain medicines, which can be taken but after consulting your physician. Let’s discuss the medicines that are safe during pregnancy.
The following is a list of medicines and their effects during pregnancy:
1. Analgesic Medicines
|NSAIDs, such as aspirin||May cause heart abnormalities in the third trimester|
|Codeine||Effective in low doses|
|Hydrocodone||Effective in low doses|
|Hydromorphone||Effective in low doses|
|Etomidate||Unknown always ask your provider|
|Ketamine||Avoid during the last trimester|
|Lorazepam||Avoid for severe conditions, safe for short periods|
4. Thrombolytics - The possible advantages of this class may balance the risk during pregnancy. Common medicines used are: Alteplase, Reteplase, Streptokinase, Urokinase.
|Hydroxycobalamin antidote: cyanide||Safe|
|Methylene blue antidote: methemoglobinemia||Has a potential risk to the mother and foetus|
|First generation: penicillin G, benzathine penicillin, Bicillin, penicillin VK||Safe|
|Second generation: oxacillin, dicloxacillin, nafcillin||Safe|
7. Cardiac agents
|Digoxin||Not advised in third trimester|
8. Diabetes: Insulin is safe to use during diabetes.
10. Corticosteroids: Advised for short term use
Always talk to your physician in case of any complication and before taking any medicine given above.
Homoeopathic first aid medicines
* any sort of bruised injury- arnica montana
* injury to ligaments - ruta graveolens
* injury to nerves- hypericum perfoliatum
* fracture - symphytum officinalis
* head injury- natrum sulphuricum
* lacerated injuries (operation) - staphysagria
* when pain of remote injury remains- rhus toxicodendron and calcarea phosphorica
* eye injury, bruise or blow- symphytum
* strain to eye ligaments and muscles- ruta graveolens
Homoeopathic medicines act best when given based on symptom similarity.
I am a new born child mother in segerian please suggest the what to eat and chana and mungdal eat or not.
The value of warm water as a therapeutic medium was recognised and utilised by philosophers and physicians such as pluto and hippopocrates as a treatment for muscle spasms and various diseases. It can be used for a large variety of conditions like low back pain osteoarthritis inflammatory conditions multiple sclerosis traumatic brain injury spinal cord injuries fibromyalgia etc,
Foods that lower testosterone
1. Alcohol: this has been linked to lowered testosterone levels. By discontinuing excessive alcohol consumption, you can expect to improve the sex life of both you and your partner. It is also advised to avoid mixed drinks, as they may contain excess amounts of sugar, leading to weight gain.
2. Ice cream: this tasty treat is packed with sugar and empty calories, making it a poor choice for the health conscious. Ice cream may also lead to increased fatigue and migraine onset when eaten in high quantity. A better-frozen alternative would be frozen or plain yogurt.
3. Pasta: is high in carbohydrates, making it also high in calories. While the body loves carbs and can actually burn them off faster, running a marathon soon after you eat a huge serving of this starchy food is highly unlikely. If you don’t burn off these extra calories, your body will store the extra energy as fat.
4. Snacks: praised for their convenience and delicious taste, snacks like chips, chocolate bars, and cookies are high in sugar and carbohydrates that can instantly raise blood sugar levels. It may take some effort and willpower, but replacing unhealthy snacks with raw vegetables, raw nuts, or even dark chocolate can help increase male libido and provide the body with the healthy fats that your body needs.
5. Breakfast biscuits and cookies: generally considered high in trans fats, as they tend to be highly processed. These types of foods affect hormones in the body, including testosterone. By changing your early morning eating habit to something less processed, you can keep your testosterone levels optimal.
6. Nachos and chicken wings: despite being a favorite “game day” food option, eating nachos can provide the body more carbs than it really needs, leading to excess weight gain. Also, eating deep fried wings can contribute to increased cholesterol levels, which can affect the heart over time.
7. Low-fat diet sugar: having the right about of fat in the diet is recommended for the release of testosterone as well as to increase sex drive. Studies have shown that low-fat diets contribute to lower testosterone levels, with men who better regulate their blood sugar levels having better sex. The reason for this is that too much sugar in the diet can lower testosterone levels. Many low-fat diets trade fat for carbohydrates, which gets converted into glucose in the body, much like sugar.
8. Flax: a widely known health food and a great source of omega-3 fatty acids. However, flax seeds do not contain enough to overcome the effect of low testosterone, as flax seeds themselves contain compounds called lignans that mimic estrogen in the body. Flax seeds are considered to have three times more estrogen-like hormones than soybeans do. If flax seeds are your source of omega 3’s and you are a male suffering from low testosterone, it may be time to get a separate omega 3 supplement.
9. Licorice: a herb that most people associate with the worst tasting candy, licorice can help reduce stress when consumed as a tea. But it also contains high amounts of estrogen-like compounds.
10. Beer: a different form of alcohol, beer is different as it contains many more calories and carbs and can be very bad for men. The hops used to make beer is estrogenic and contain 300, 000 ius of estrogen per 100g of hops.
11. Soy: high in a compound called isoflavones that are proven to be estrogenic, soy is one type of food men with low testosterone should avoid. Their estrogen-like effect has been considered so strong that eating large amounts is almost equivalent to taking birth control pills, in theory.
12. Spearmint: this refreshing herb is used in everything from tea to chewing gum. It is also an old remedy for women to get rid of facial hair due to the estrogenic compounds it provides. Eating natural spearmint should be avoided in men concerned about their t levels.
13. Legumes and beans: this category of food is known for its estrogenic activity. For example, the lima bean is filled with a compound called phytoestrogenic fiber inositol and lignans that have been proven to lower serum testosterone as well as inhibit dihydrotestosterone levels.
14. Whole grains: while considered good for the digestive system, grains have testosterone mechanisms. They contain gluten that can increase prolactin levels and reduce testosterone levels. Diet rich in dietary fiber can also lower testosterone. Additionally, most grains can suck out essential minerals from the body.
15. Soda: soft drinks have excessive quantities of sugar and are one of the major contributors to the obesity epidemic. Not only is the liquid itself bad for you, but the bottles they are packaged in may also harm your health, as they are often made with phthalates that have strong estrogen-like properties.
16. Fast food: most of these establishments use low-grade meats to sell to their customers. The meat sources may be fed low-quality food and injected with antibiotics and growth hormones throughout their lives. Fast food is also very greasy, with the majority of items being deep fried. Sunflower and soybean oil can significantly reduce the testosterone levels in males.
17. Cheese: while great on your pizza and nachos, this dairy product can potentially mess with the body’s natural production of the hormone, including estrogen and testosterone.
18. High-pufa vegetable oils: polyunsaturated fats found in these types of oils has been proven in studies to reduce testosterone levels and should be avoided.
19. High doses of dietary fiber: while many people will tell you that increasing your dietary intake of fiber is good for you, it may, in fact, affect testosterone levels. The problem arises when a male eats too much fiber, altering the metabolism of testosterone, decreasing its levels. It is not advised to restrict fiber altogether if low testosterone is a concern, but to eat a regular amount of fiber.
I am four months pregnant. Doctor told foetus heart beat is low. I Is it serious? How to increase my child's heartbeat.
My period continues for 2 days with not very heavy flow. The 2nd day of my last period was 30th july. Now we want 2nd boy baby. So when should we need to intercourse to conceive and when the chances of boy baby is more?
Impotence, also known as erectile dysfunction, is a condition in which a man is not able to maintain an erection during sexual intercourse. It can be triggered by a variety of conditions like smoking, intake of certain drugs, health disorders or excessive consumption of alcohol. Although treatment options like medication and surgery are available, there are non-invasive treatments that can help a person fight the condition.
Here are some of them:
1. Engage in a physical workout - Among the many types of lifestyle changes that could be resorted to, exercise is the most effective one. Exercising improves blood flow and blood pressure in the body, both of which are essential for getting and maintaining a normal erection for a prolonged time. Plus, exercising also increases the level of testosterone, which is a crucial factor in sex drive.
2. Follow a balanced diet - The food you consume has a direct effect on your health and subsequently on your sex drive. A diet consisting of fruits, veggies, fish and lesser servings of red meat and refined grains can decrease the risk of impotency. Also, a healthy diet helps to maintain a stable body weight, which aids in sexual activity. Overconsumption of junk foods can cause obesity and diabetes, which are responsible for impotence.
3. Get sufficient sleep - Apart from a host of health problems, lack of sleep may also you render you impotent. Studies have shown that testosterone levels of men who are sleep deprived are much lower than in those who get their 8 hours of sleep. A proper sleep schedule should thus be duly adhered to.
4. Quit smoking and limit your alcohol consumption - Erectile dysfunction can be the cause of vascular disease. This occurs when the blood supply to the penis becomes restricted due to the blockage and narrowing of arteries. Alcohol and smoking can be responsible for this and can be the cause of both temporary and long-term impotence. Therefore, it's important to limit your alcohol consumption and quit smoking altogether. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Sexologist.