Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. J K PanikarYour feedback matters!
My first baby has down syndrome. I am pregnant with 5 week. I want to protect my second child to down syndrome.
Letting go and speaking up or crying out is the best aphrodisiac and marriage problems solver says Dr. Vaibhav lunkad
Of all the cases of erectile dysfunction we get to see at aaiina clinic 162 shukrawarpeth pune we found that 40% almost were due to psychosomatic problems such as misunderstanding, misconceptions, misperceptions, misbehaviour and habits of missing, messing and masking emotions or actions.
Just one session of detailed counseling and psychotherapy for one hour and the mutual satisfaction of the couples and us was immeasurable. Their relations all renewed, relieved and resumed. To understand one another, it's necessary to go beyond logic and accept the intricacies of human body, mind, and relationships without bias and prejudice. To allow a person to be as he, she or a bisexual or gay is, is real love. To" forgive and forget" without reminding again helps resume all broken relationships too. To have humour, hunger and humility (letting go, keeps the flame of" romance, sex and love" ignited always. To be" at ease or dis-ease" is a choice we can make every moment. After menopause or andropause or any other problems what is required is" listening attentively without judging, taunting, expecting anything at all. Giving and for-giving childlike returns back immeasurably even from a strained relation,
So kill your ego and misunderstanding, misconceptions, misperceptions, misbehaviour and just keep shut a dirty mouth and leave habits of" missing, messing and masking emotions or actions.
Life literally changes by 180 and you can" reignite romance, love and sex" back in your and other's life just atm (anytime)
Letting go and speaking up or crying out is the best aphrodisiac and marriage problems solver says Dr. Vaibhav Lunkad
My wife has breast pain since last week. Our last child was born on January 2010 and she is not pregnant either. She have hyperthyroidism.
Hello doctor I am 23 year female my last LMP is 20 th august 2015 my period doesn't occur till today 2 times home pregnancy test showing negative, my complete blood test is normal and thyroid test is taken no thyroid problem also (before marriage am 55 kg after marriage about 10 month 70kg) (am healthy) then Dr. Suggest me amenova and gynovit when my period occur tell me worried about this. Tell me please dr.
My wife's age is 49 and she is under menopause due to which she has very little interest in sexual and love. She is working for 8 to 9 hours in sales and also after coming back home cook food. We hardly have sexual relationships during Sunday and that too she obliges me due to the relationship. Can you please suggest the foods, vegetables and any homeopathic medicines with proven record which can increase her stamina and also develop feelings in her for our smooth and sexual and other love relationship.
I am 22 yrs old female from chennai. My height is 151 cm and weight 76 kgs. I have pcos cysts in both ovaries and taking normoz tablet for it. I am hypothyroid and taking medication for that and it is in control now. Tsh is 4.17. I have kidney stone in right kidney since past two years. I have no pain or symptoms. Urea value is 22 and creatinine is 0.8. But the ultrasound showed that size has slightly increased (5.9 mm) what should I do for it? my cholesterol level is high. The ultrasound I did showed a fatty liver. My cholesterol level is 196 and ldl is 13. Ldl to hdl ratio 2.7. Is it a risk factor? should I take any medication for it? how to bring it to normal level? I am attaching my reports regarding cholesterol, thyroid, etc. Please have a look and comment about it. I have lot of dandruff in my hair. I am using shampoos suggested by my dermatologist but yet have lot of powdery dandruff. What is solution for it? please answer all my queries above. Thanks.
Generally it is considered as a ‘herbal medicine’ or folk medicine or belief system or traditional medicine or Alternative system or native medicine.
The notion that ayurveda prescribes only medicines of herbal origin is totally baseless though it is true that Herbs are major source of vast majority of medicines. Ayurveda prescribes mineral products like gold, silver,
Diamond, copper, iron, sulphur, alum, mica, zinc, lead, tin and so on after thorough purification, trituration And turning them to bhasmas which have not been proved yet as harmful. Apart from these minerals, many
Animal products like ghee, butter, animals urine, horns and skin, flesh –mutton, coral, pearl, conch etc. Are Also used as medicines wherever necessary. Therefore it is not merely herbal medicine.
Hi. I am a 27 year old married girl. My period is late by 7 days. I have period like cramps and vaginal discharge which sometimes smells like urine. What could be the cause? pregnancy or infection?
Do the bleeding period in menstrual cycle plays a role in our health condition? What indicates if the bleeding period only for 2 or 3 days? Will it indicates that the person is healthy or suffering from any genetic problems. If bleeding period should be more than a 3 or 4 days. Please suggest me a diet through which I can increase my bleeding time period?
The vagina is composed of labia majora, labia minora and the clitoral head. In labiaplasty, the appearance of the external genitalia, specifically the labia minora are altered. The labia minora are the flaps of skin on either side of the vagina. With age and/or pregnancy, these can become dark, can sag or can enlarge over a period of time. While some women simply are bothered by the aesthetic appearance of it, others might have discomfort as a result of this.
This is where labiaplasty plays a critical role. It can remove the darkened folds and the excess tissue, creating a more symmetric and aesthetic appearance. The accompanying discomfort is also gone, producing both a psychological as well as a physical improvement. However, it is important for a woman to understand that having some folds in this area is quite normal and should not require any intervention. Also, this surgery is not for women less than 18 years of age as growth is not complete yet in these girls.
Once you have decided to go ahead with this procedure, be careful to place yourself in the hands of a good surgeon. Check for their testimonials and get all your doubts cleared. It is advisable to ask if there were failures and how they were handled, how complications that may arise are managed. In the wrong hands, things can go wrong in this surgery. Most doctors would like to set expectations and ask the patient in detail the exact reasons for and the expectations from the procedure. This is very important to avoid dissatisfaction for both the doctor and the patient.
What is done?
Using either a local anesthetic or a general anesthetic, the patient is sedated. The tissue of the labia minor is then reshaped using either a scalpel or laser. The loose ends of the tissue are sutured using absorbable sutures. These sutures will dissolve over the next few days. This procedure takes about 1 to 2 hours and does not require hospitalization.
What should you expect after the procedure?
Complete recovery may take up to a couple of months. During this period, rest from work is advisable. In addition to ample rest, you must follow the suggestions given below:
- Use cool packs to reduce the swelling and soreness
- Take painkillers to manage the pain
- The area must be kept clean, dry and free of infection
- Prefer loose clothing to avoid rubbing in the area
- Refrain from sex for a couple of weeks
- Avoid using tampons; use sanitary pads instead
Complications could range from bleeding, infection, allergic reaction to anesthetic, blood clots, reduced sensitivity of the genitalia, to unsatisfactory cosmetic appearance. These need to be managed between the cosmetic surgeon and the patient.
Hi, I am married and we are trying for a baby from last 3 months but unable to get success. Please help me.
Married from last 8 month but still not yet successful. Regular 28 days cycle.what should i do to concieve ?
Got intimate with bf on 21 may got normal periods on 27 may. Urine tests thrice on 8 june all negative. What should I do more to confirm? Can I preg? I want to avoid please help.
Does sweet decreases sex drive in female. Can you suggest what amount of sweet is fine for sex drive.
Donor egg IVF is used by more than 70 percent of infertile women above 45 years to conceive. More than 8,000 babies are born in the US to women of all age groups by this method of Assistive Reproductive Technologies (ART). This kind of fertility treatment will become even more popular, in the days to come, because of advances in the egg-freezing technology.
What are donor eggs
Donor eggs are eggs given by a healthy, fertile woman to an infertile woman for in-vitro fertilisation or IVF.
How does the Donor Egg IVF program work?
Before you start this course of treatment, you must consult a doctor regarding its feasibility and effect on your health. Typically, the process has the following steps;
- After a donor has been identified, the infertile woman (referred to as ‘you’) and the donor are given medication so that the menstrual cycles of both are synchronised. You are also given medication so that your endometrium lining is ready for womb transfer.
- After their donation, the eggs are fertilised using the In Vitro Fertilization technique.
- Since the donor is under 35, not more than three embryos are transferred from her to your womb.
- Embryos are formed after fertilising donor egg with partner sperm.
In some cases, the embryos may be transferred after they have been fertilised. This line of treatment is undertaken to reduce the stress of this treatment on you.
In cases of men, the following procedures are followed;
- Unless the sperm belongs to another man, your partner will be required to give a sample of his sperm to check sperm quality.
- The partner must give another sample on the day the eggs are collected.
- In the next stage, the eggs and sperm are mixed together and in vitro fertilised.
Chances of success in Donor Egg IVF program
The chances of you conceiving through this program are 60-70%. This strike rate is significantly higher than a conventional IVF line of treatment.
How to start with Donor Egg IVF program?
- Finding an egg donor is not that difficult these days. You can find a donor through a fertility clinic, an egg bank, an egg donation agency, a family member or a close family friend. Donors coming from a frozen egg bank are usually screened for health and other reasons. Most donors are in the age group of 21-35 years.
- Make it legal i.e while getting donors is easy, the tricky part is to comply with the various legal issues. Consult your spouse, doctor and your attorney before taking this step.
- Get counselling i.e. you need expert counselling before you conceive because, let us face it, your baby is not your biological offspring. You and your spouse need to be adequately psychologically prepared for this important development in the family.
If you wish to discuss any other problem, Consult IVF Specialist
I am 30 weeks pregnant having O- blood group & with O+ husband. Gone through coomb test which is negative. Still gynecologist recommended anti injection. Whether I must shot it now? Is it required to take it now or as it is required to take after pregnancy if baby has +blood group.
6 Reasons Pre-marital Counselling is Crucial for Indian Couples
A study published in the Journal of Family Psychology reveals that couples who opt for pre-marital counselling experience higher levels of conjugal satisfaction than couples who don’t go for it. Moreover, these couples, experience a 30% drop in the possibility of divorce over a 5-year period.
Pre-marital counselling is a wise choice as it can help you and your partner to better understand the dynamics of your relationship and build the foundation of a happy future together.
A pre-marital counselling helps you with the following factors-
- Hygiene: Apart from stressing on the importance of personal health and hygiene, you would also hear a gynaecologist, emphasizing on the significance of sexual hygiene for a problem-free married life. While preventing infections that may affect your reproductive system, maintaining sexual hygiene can also significantly elevate the overall hygiene levels of your entire body.
- Sex: Pre-marital sex counselling is essential as it helps to fill in the gaps in your knowledge of sex. During your consultation with a gynaecologist, you can expect to receive information about the male and female anatomy as well as about the actual act. Even thoughts like “sex can be painful” get addressed during the counselling.
- Contraceptives: Counselling sessions with a gynaecologist can also help you in getting your facts right about pregnancy. He or she could guide you on how to work out safe and unsafe days to have sex; talk to you about contraceptive methods; and best family planning practices.
- Folic acid for pregnancy: During a counselling session, you can expect to be encouraged by a gynaecologist to have Vitamin B (folic acid) before and during your pregnancy to avert birth defects in the brain and spinal cord of your potential offspring.
- Vaccines: Opting for a counselling session before marriage can help you to learn about vaccines that will protect you against cervical cancer (cancer of the cervix caused mainly by HPV- a virus) and rubella (a disease caused by the rubella virus, which can cause miscarriage, birth defects and stillbirth).
- Medical investigations: You should also expect investigations based on the following tests-
- Complete blood count test: The aim of this test is to assess your overall health and identify a range of disorders such as anaemia, leukaemia, and infection to name a few.
- Fasting/blood sugar test: The test is performed to diagnose diabetes. A fasting blood glucose level of less than 100mg/dl is considered normal.
- Thyroid stimulating hormone test: This test is taken to check for problems in the thyroid gland.
- Rubella test: It is used to identify antibodies that are formed in the blood, as a result of immunisation or the rubella infection.
- HPLC (high performance liquid chromatography): The test is performed to determine Thalassemia.
- Urine microscopy: The test helps in determining the condition of your urinary tract and kidney. It identifies injury, presence of disease or inflammation of these areas. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Psychologist.