Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. J K PanikarYour feedback matters!
I want to do anal sex with my wife. What precautions should I take while doing anal sex with her? And how to do for long time without paining her? Please help me its my dream to do anal sex with my wife plzzz help me doctor.
For an expecting mother, nothing is more important than the safety and well-being of her unborn child. With due care, a mom-to-be can prevent complications that may arise in pregnancy by avoiding certain potential risks. Read on to find out the 5 things pregnant women must avoid at all costs in order to have a safe pregnancy.
1. Caffeine: It’s wise to avoid coffee, tea or even sodas that contain caffeine, as it can adversely affect the baby’s heart rate. Some studies go on to suggest that the consumption of caffeine may even increase the risk of miscarriages. So anything that contains caffeine must be avoided at all costs.
2. Abdominal X-rays: Abdominal X-rays during pregnancy are a big no. This kind of X-ray exposes the abdomen of the mother, and the baby as a consequence, to high levels of radiation, which can cause changes in the baby’s rapidly growing cells. As a result, the baby’s chances of suffering from birth defects or certain cancers, such as leukaemia later on in life, increase rapidly. It is best to avoid X-rays until absolutely necessary. However, you must avoid self meditation.
3. Heavy exercising: While moderate exercising during pregnancy is very healthy for both the baby and the mother, extreme exercising can give rise to quite a few complications. Exercises, which cause the heart rate of the mother to exceed the mark of 160 bpm (beats per minute) may result in the supply of less oxygen to the baby. This can lead to foetal hypoxia, a condition in which the supply of oxygen to the brain of the baby is restricted, resulting in brain damage. Exercises that must be avoided include abdominal crunches, exercises that hurt the mother’s joints or strain her back or which require her to hold her breath for too long.
4. Alcohol: All types of alcohol must be avoided during pregnancy. Consumption of alcohol during these 9 months has been associated with several birth defects such as poor growth, learning disabilities and mental retardation. In worst case scenarios, excessive alcohol consumption during pregnancy can lead to what is known as Foetal Alcohol Syndrome or FAS, which severely affects the mental development and physical growth of the unborn child, particularly of the face and skull. Also, you must quit smoking.
5. Stress: Stress can trigger various health problems, which can be bad for both the baby and the mother. Studies have revealed the emotional environment of the mother is experienced by the baby as well. In fact, a particular study has shown that any kind of stress, whether it be work related or stress caused by strain in relationships, can affect the mental development of the child. This as result can lead to the child developing certain behavioural disorders such as fears and phobias, which remain way into his adulthood. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gynaecologist.
4 Dietary Changes that can Increase Your Chances of Getting Pregnant
At times being able to conceive becomes a challenge due to certain biological reasons. Feeling positive and eating healthy naturally takes you a step nearer to getting pregnant. In case of no medical condition acting as an obstruction, consuming the right food can increase your chances of getting pregnant.
Here’s a list of supplements you can include in your diet to maximise your chances of getting pregnant.
1. Choose whole grains over refined carbohydrates: Reducing the intake of refined carbohydrates (found in milk, potatoes, corn to name a few) can reduce inflammation of the genitals, which will help increase fertility. You can still continue to have your favourite foods, but ensure they are low GI (glycaemic index- a figure used to represent the ability of carbohydrate to increase glucose in blood) carbohydrates.
You can consume whole grains, which help in reducing insulin levels that in turn reduce the risk of heart diseases and diabetes and also help lower cholesterol levels. Try having whole grain bread instead of white bread and porridge instead of sugary processed cereals to reduce your GI ingestion.
2. Harness the power of Proteins: Proteins are an important part of your diet and the type of proteins you require careful consideration as they help make new hormones. Try having 25gms of vegetable protein like seeds, legumes and nuts instead of animal protein.
Add dairy foods to your diet as they are also a rich source of protein. They provide vital minerals and nutrients like magnesium, calcium and vitamin B12 to the body and at the same time are low in calories. Include milk, yoghurt and cottage cheese to your meals so that you have a minimum of three servings of dairy products a day, which is essential to meet your nutritional needs and increase your chances of having a baby.
3. Welcome Good Fats: Processed foods, fatty meats and takeaways are high in saturated fats including trans fats. These lead to inflammation and an increase of oxygen free radicals in the body, which decrease fertility. So, incorporate good fats in your diet in controlled quantities. Try having avocado and tomato on a whole grain toast, for instance.
4. Make folate an integral part of your diet: Folate is an essential nutrient that helps in decreasing the incidence of birth defects in babies, while ensuring a healthy conception. Along with the prescribed supplements, try to increase its intake in its natural form. The best way to do this is by having green leafy vegetables, which are a rich source of folate. You can also have veggie sticks and vegetable soup along or green vegetable dishes to increase your folate intake.
Doctor I m trying for pregnancy from last two months but conception is not properly. My last two months period circle is 13 spt 2015, 16 october 15 and now same as but my period cycle is 27 days. When period started first water out by heavy flow and after that period in heavy flow. From last week I feel pregnancy like vomiting n figure change n heavy breast. But today again starting my period at night time. Some people suggested me don't do heavy work like clothes wash or other work pls suggest me what can I do I m newly married I want first baby conception immediately.
My sister is pregnant, what are tips that she would follow to give birth to active, brilliant, color baby.
My wife s both fallopian tubes blockage in two Tims operations can she pregnant in feathers I have one child.
Hi i am 25 years old female I am suffering from backache at least I unable to sit for few minutes continuously and suffering from abnormal period cycle white liquid discharging through my reproductive organ my heart beat 100 per minute kindly let me know whats happening in my body.
She z 21 year old and was one month pregnant and had a course which lead to bleeding and around 20 days have past but bleeding has not stopped completly. What should she do?
Married last month and I had unprotected sex 15 days back and now my wife missed her period, according to our money status we do not want any baby so please help me how to get rid of pregnancy without abortion.
What to do after sex for better health?
Even when you are in your 40s or beyond, you can still enjoy the best sex of your life. After all, you’re experienced and know exactly what you desire and are not shy about expressing it. But even with experience, it is easy to forget things to do after sex, like using the bathroom and sleeping in the nude. These are the things to remember so your sex life can keep moving full speed ahead.
What to do after sex?
1. Go pee
After having sex, you should go to the bathroom and urinate. While you do not have to hurry to go right away, you should eventually pee so you can rinse out any e. Coli bacteria that may have contaminated your urethra during lovemaking. This will help prevent you from developing a urinary tract infection, also known as a uti. Having a uti can affect your sex life, often making it painful to have intercourse until the infection is cleared up by prescribed medication.
2. Reflect on your sensation
After you are done with lovemaking, take time to reflect on how you feel and how the sex made you feel. Concentrate on the details, remembering what really turned you on. Share these thoughts with your partner right away. Don’t wait until the feelings are gone. However, if it wasn’t your best lovemaking session, it is probably best to leave it be. And instead of turning over and facing the other way, cuddle with your partner after sex. Studies have found this leads to happier relationships.
3. Keep track of abnormal discomforts
Pain happens during sex. This is a common occurrence. There are many causes, such as muscle spasms, lack of lubrication, constipation and even your sex partner accidently hitting an ovary. But not all pain is normal, especially if it is reoccurring, lasts for a long period of time after intercourse and cannot be explained by rough sex play. You should discuss these discomforts with your doctor, as the pain may be associated with an underlying condition like fibroids, uterine or ovarian cysts, endometriosis, tilted uterus or even, though rare, cancer.
4. Avoid soap when wiping
When thinking about what to do after sex, remember to gently wipe your genital area when done with intercourse. Often, bacteria are transmitted from your partner’s mouth and fingers or lubricants. This can lead to a bacterial or yeast infection. You can simply wipe with a warm washcloth, using water only. You should avoid soap as the fragrances can be irritating to the delicate skin. You need only wipe from front to back on the outside. Your body has its own method of cleaning the internal sections of your vagina.
5. Drink water
Sex is a physical activity, just like jogging, walking or any other exercise. It is important to stay hydrated afterwards so take the time to drink water when done with intercourse. If you get dehydrated, not only your mouth gets dry so does your vagina. Keep water by your bedside if you can. Plus, staying hydrated will make it easier for you to pee after to flush bacteria from your urethra.
6. Take a soak
If you are figuring what to do after sex and you have the time, take a bath. Why not pamper yourself when you are feeling so good. Not only does it clean your vaginal area, it can hydrate your skin. Consider adding a gentle oil to the water to add moisturizer. Extra virgin coconut oil or baby oil designed for sensitive skin are good options. A warm bath can also help soothe swollen genitals, caused by your lovemaking.
7. Snack on pro biotic food
Sex often brings on hunger. After all, you just burned a bunch of calories. Eating pro-biotic foods like fermented kombucha or kimchi, as well as yogurt, can replenish the good bacteria in your vagina. It can also reduce your chances of developing a yeast or bacterial infection.
8. Sleep naked
When considering what to do after sex, don’t forget one of the fun things – sleeping in the nude. You want to keep your vaginal area dry after sex. This will reduce your risk of developing a uti, yeast or bacterial infection. Too shy to go naked? make sure you wear cotton pajamas that are loose-fitting to allow for air circulation.
What not to do after sex?
1. Do not use wet wipes
Wet wipes are full of chemicals, fragrances, glycerine and oils. These ingredients can cause major irritation of your vaginal area. It can be extra harsh right after sex, when the skin down there is more sensitive. This can lead to dryness, itching, tenderness and inflammation of your genitals. You should never use wipes down there.
2. Don't sleep in sexy lingerie
If you are thinking about what to do after sex, make sure it is not to sleep in your sexy underwear. Most lingerie is constructed by fabrics that trap moisture. Look out for sleepwear made of polyester and rayon. This type of material does not breathe well, preventing your vaginal area from airing out. This can lead to a yeast infection. Either change into cotton underwear or sleep naked.
1. Most of you have not realized the importance physical activities.
2. Most of you have gave up physical exercise just for 15 more mins sleep in the morning.
3. Most of you have no time to do some physical activities due to daily routine.
80% of your body degeneration can be reduced by doing some physical activities in a day.
Do the at least 15mins of physical exercise, let the calories burn and new cells in a body build up.
Don't pamper your body, if you pamper it, more chances to welcome diseases. More you hard your body by doing surya namaskara, yoga, gym, walking, playing games (out door games obviously), dance, aerobics, swiming, meditation what not, keep your body healthy.
Just take 1 hour of time from a day for physical exercise and enjoy rest of the 23 hours. Else, it will be different.
Benefits of physical exercise:
1. Your body is fit.
2. Body and muscles are hungry and when you eat a best nutritional food, it will observe completely.
3. Reduces the degeneration of body and keep away the diseases.
4. Improves your confidence.
5. When you fall under sick, you have better chances to get well soon.
6. Give you the good mind set to think in a right way.
7. Build up a high immunity power to control any environment condition.
8. You can give a better life to your family. Pls don't sad yourself in icu and sad your loved ones outside icu.
9. You can perform 100% at your profession.
10. Body will be active for entire day.
Just keep doing exercise. Because health is wealth.
I wish you a happy healthy family and society.
When the chances of getting pregnant are more? What to do to avoid pregnancy if discharge is done inside?
I was having my periods on 1st march 2016. We had unprotected sex from 1st march to 13 march. He didn't ejaculated inside me. He used removal method. My periods were due on 1st April 2016. But I haven't got yet. I took home pregnancy test on 5th and 7th April 2016. Both were negative. I dnt have any symptoms of pregnancy. Kindly guide.
I zm a 35 yr old female having a 5 yr old son. It was a c section in 2010. After that I had an abortion back in 2011 becoz we were not ready to have 2nd one that time. Its been 5+ years now that I have not conceived. I have hammoragic cyst problem. Also this january I had ectopic pregnancy which was terminated. I am trying hard for pregnancy from last 1 yr but nothing is happening. What shud I do? please advise.
Hi Experts, Need your help. In early pregnancy stage if anybody vomits more and more then is it mandatory to take medicine or it is normal thing in this stage. And if we have pain when vomits can we take dolo tablet? Please share your suggestions on the same. Thanks in advance,
Hi I am 28 years old I am blessed with baby girl and she is 5 yes old. Now d problem is I want to try for next child but all time it shows negative results please suggest to get pregnant for second as soon as possible. Thank you.
What can I do to ease my digestive issues during pregnancy?
What happens when you carry a baby in your womb that weighs a couple of kilos? well, it presses upon your digestive tract and makes digestion an issue for you. However, the baby’s weight is not the only factor that matters here. The massive amount of hormonal changes that your body undergoes also adds greatly to the issue.
Digestive problems are not grave during pregnancy. Instead, they are fairly common everywhere. There are many simple steps that can aid you in easing your digestive process when you are pregnant.
1. Sit up straight:
Since the bulging baby is putting on immense weight on your stomach, you need to sit up straight when eating in order to ease the pressure. Moreover, avoid lying down for at least an hour after having your meal.
2. Wind up the meal size:
Along with winding up the meal size, make sure that you increase its frequency, or else your baby will have to starve.
Instead of having three large meals in a day, try dividing them down to five small meals in 24 hours. Small and frequent meals will keep you from bloating and prevent indigestion issues.
Although pregnancy calls for no vigorous activity, it also does not require becoming stationary all at once. When pregnant, you need to carry out 30 minutes of light workout daily, such as walking or riding a stationary cycle. Exercise stimulates adrenaline that in turn promotes bowel movements for a better digestion.
4. Limit caffeine intake:
Caffeine is not going to help with your digestive issues, especially if you are carrying a life in your womb. Hence, try to avoid it, particularly during the night hours.
Ask your doctor to prescribe you some antacids that you can consume on a daily basis. Antacids help a lot with indigestion issues.
6. Don’t bend over your waist:
When pregnant, your waist is the part of your body that is suffering the most pressure. Hence, you would want to bother that part of your body at the least. Avoid bending over your waist. If required, do it at your knees.
7. Eat healthy:
Stuffing your stomach with unnecessary carbohydrates will only make it worse for you. Hence, for a healthy baby as well as a healthy digestive system, resort more to healthy foods such as fruits and vegetables. Fibre in your diet will help you mobilize your gut for an easy digestion.