Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy Procedure
Treatment of Lumpectomy
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Kidney Stones Treatment
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Accident Injuries Treatment
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Prostate Laser Surgery
Urinary Incontinence Surgery
Stem Cell Transplant
Post Induction Therapy
Post Induction Transplant
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. J AtulYour feedback matters!
I have pain in bladder after having sex. My prostate volume 28 cc. inflamed bilateral UV junctions with thickening of urinary bladder wall. Then I did cystoscopy. What wound I do after this?
Sir I am suffering from anal fissure for the second time (suffered few months back applied some ointment. Now again I am suffering from last 3 days and it is paining after every motions. Please suggest some medicine and diet.
I had a anal fissure one year ago. I took patanjali medicine. Now its fine, but sometimes I feel little prick in my anus for 1-2 days. Pls suggest me caution and permanent treatment for this.
Some Year before I've a glowing and whitening face. But during 1 year I am loosing my that face. So nw what can should I do to get back that face. Tell me the way. Plzzz.
Our skin undergoes certain changes with age. A lifetime of exposure to the sun, habits such as diet and smoking leads to changes in our skin slowly, as we age. As we get older, the skin does not stay as smooth and firm like before. It may also become drier, thinner and more fragile. As we age, the skin also becomes more prone to bruises, which is a result of a smaller amount support around the walls of blood vessels.
Major changes that can be observed in the skin due to ageing are as follows:
- The skin turns rough
- The skin develops lesions like benign tumors
- The skin becomes slack due to the loss of elastic tissues like elastin and collagen and tends to hang loosely
- The skin gets more transparent with age, which is caused as a result of the epidermis thinning down
- The skin slowly turns fragile. This occurs due to flattening of the area where the epidermis and dermis meet
Photoaging: Over time, the harmful ultraviolet rays of the sun cause damage to fibers in the skin known as elastin. Due to the breakdown of the elastin fibers, the skin tends to sag and stretch. The ability to snap back after stretching is lost. The skin gets bruised and tears up very easily and bruises require a longer time to heal. Sun damage shows itself with ageing.
These are the changes, which occur below the surface of the skin because of aging. They include the following:
- Fat is lost under the surface of the skin on the cheeks, chin, nose, eyes (know about to maintain eye health) and temples. This causes loosening of the skin, giving it a bony appearance with sunken eyes.
- Bone loss occurs after attaining the age of sixty, especially around the mouth and chin region. Puckering of the skin in the mouth is indicated.
- Cartilage loss may occur on the nose. This causes the nasal tip to droop down and the bony structure of the nose gets accentuated.
Other changes: Other factors such as gravity, sleeping position and facial movements also cause changes in our skin. When skin elasticity is lost, the eyebrows and eyelids may droop due to gravity. Loosening and fullness of skin is observed under the jaw, cheeks and earlobes. Facial movement lines become prominent with old age and lines appear on the forehead, temples, cheeks and at the root of the nose.
As we become old, several changes in the surface of our skin, as well as beneath the skin are likely. This is natural and occurs in every person. However, proper skin care should be taken, irrespective of your age.
Methi seeds are found to be effective in persistent coughs. Both leaves and seed equally help in cooling down body. It is therefore necessary that we continue consume more in our daily diet.
Today’s its also use in cosmetic and hair care products.
How to use:
1. Boils & Swellings : Leaf-paste , heated and applied when lukewarm
2. Anemic patients: 10 gm methi seeds cooked with 100 gm rice.
3. Hair Growth : Seed paste applied on head
4. Skin Diseases : Cooked methi leaves taken daily for a fortnights
5. Mouth ulcer, sore throat : Leaves Gargle 5-6 times daily
6. Pimples : Fresh leaf paste applied on face
7. Headache & Insomnia : 2tsp fresh juice of methi leaves along with 1 tsp honey taken daily for 10 days
My face gets sunken few days after nightfall and appears smaller! BT after few days after tht lyk 10 days later face becomes better beautiful and glows! I am very much tensed for the effect of nightfall on body! It occurs 3-4 tyms a month! Is it all tension or something else? Pls help!:(it appears lyk I HV dvlpd PE also!
Hlo Sir .you consult me to apply eflora cream on face to get rid of facial hair sir I want to know it is must to wax or thread the facial hairs before then apply cream or it also works if apply without removing facial hairs.
My father skin in anus area is going black and they also have pain in that area when they walk and sit. Please suggest me how to cure it.
I'm a sportsperson and I generally spend a lot of hours under sun while practicing n my skin has became very dark rough and dead along with pimple marks. I'm quite concerned about my skin and darkening of it. What should I do?
Despite making all efforts of regular scrubbing and application of foot cream and lemon and honey scrubs etc. I continue to have severe cracks in my heals and under the big toe on both feet. Also I make use of open house sandals but nothing seems to be helping. Please advise.
In rainy season how can I protect myself from viral infection? In rainy season which body cream is good for my skin? In rainy season can I drink cold drinks?Please tell.
Hi am 27 years old I have one big problem on my face. There is one black horizontal line on my nose. Its very annoying. Its seems very dark I think it's a Melanie problem. Can you suggest any good medicine for that. And I have this black mark bellow my lower lips also Notes :no regular itching No allergy.
Acne breakout can ruin the look of healthy skin completely. Sometimes it gets very severe as the eruptions keep happening continually. Acne occurs when oil, dead skin or bacteria block the pores on your skin. Though it is not dangerous, acne can be embarrassing and can leave scars on your skin. Severe acne can also be quite painful. Pimples in the form of blackheads and whiteheads are the main symptoms of acne.
Causes of Acne:
- Stress: Stress is a major cause that makes your skin prone to acne. When the body is stressed, it produces excessive testosterone (a sex hormone) resulting in excessive oil production. Stress also impairs the immune system of the body so that it becomes vulnerable to acne.
- Cosmetics: Some cosmetics (usually oil based) tend to clog the pores of the skin which may result in acne. Using harsh cleansing agents can dry and irritate the skin. Also, gentle washing of the skin is recommended to avoid breakouts.
- Certain medications and drugs: Consumption of specific over the counter medicines like the ones containing bromide and use of recreational drugs like marijuana and cocaine can lead to the occurrence of acne as side effects.
- Genetics: Certain genetic factors may also be responsible for someone being more prone to acne than others.
Treatment for Acne:
Cosmetic dermatology procedures can successfully help you do away with acne scars. Blue-light therapy is a procedure in cosmetic dermatology which can work wonders for acne scars. A narrow- band, but high - intensity Blue-light is used to counter Porphyrins released by bacteria causing acne. Porphyrins easily absorb Blue-light and the light leads to radical damage of Porphyrins when used in certain wavelengths.
There are also certain topical creams available, which can improve mild scarring, most of the acne scars are either depressed or raised type and need a combination of surgical procedures and skin resurfacing.
The therapeutic options that are currently available to treat acne scars include subcision, dermabrasion, microdermabrasion, derma rollers, chemical peels, TCA cross, ablative lasers, fractional lasers and dermal fillers.