Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. J AtulYour feedback matters!
I'm 18years old. An my skin often gets tanned so I look dark. I need a suggestion to get rid of Tan.
I am a 46 year old male little red spots have come up on one foot they are not itchy what could it be?
Hey doctor. How are you? I want to ask you that I had been suffering from chicken pox and now am totally fine. But my chicken pox marks are still there on my face. So can you just tell me name of any cream or something so that I get rid of my chicken pox marks. Thank you. Have a nice day.
Skin problems, owing to its frequency and its recurrence have emerged as a common cause of concern. Different schools of medicines have come up with their own form of treatments in order to deal with this problem and homeopathy with its assurance of little to no side effects has been most preferred. In fact homeopathy provides various medicines to treat a host of skin disorders.
Some of them are:
1. Scabies and eczema: Scabies and eczema are common skin ailments which are accompanied by fierce itching. They mostly appear either behind the ears and the space between the fingers often developing puss. The skins in these cases become dry and scaly necessitating the intake of Calcarea carbonica.
2. Psoriasis and recurrent eczema: Psoriasis and eczema are characterized by constant itching and painful swelling. In such a situation, the homeopathic medicine Arsenicum has proved to be extremely beneficial.
3. Soreness and coarseness of the skin: Sometimes the skin becomes visibly coarse and sore leading to inflammation even causing inflammations sometimes. Suphur should be the medicine you must choose in such a case as it significantly improves the condition of the skin and softens the skin.
4. Spots on the skin: Homeopathy also has a potent remedy for the spots that erupt on the skin, most often as a consequence of some disease. Sepia works wonders for the perceptible brown spots which appear on the skin as a result of herpes.
5. Acne: Kali muriaticum has emerged as the most reliable medicine for acne and eczema. The fame of the medicine resides in its ability to treat that eczema that is obstinate and refuses to be treated in normal circumstances. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Homeopath.
Hi sir, my age is 25, 20 years back I got one accident. On my face one mark is came total of one cheek. Can I remove this. What should I do. Please suggest me.
I am 24 years and I have allergy with cold water, cause reddish and itching from childhood. What should I do? Please help me.
I am 27 years old . I have been suffering for severe hairfall for past three years. Now there are very few hair left on the crown area. Also when I do not use shampoo for even two days, dandruff flakes (black in colour) appear on the scalp, resulting itching, redness etc. I want to know if there is any way to regrow my hair (prefer non surgical ).
Livedoid Vasculopathy (atrophied blanche) I am aditya and my age is 25 I have this problem from last 3 year but this problem is start only in raining season so I have go to Dr. but I dnt knw whr to go so please suggest me as soon as possible.
A breast lump is an enlargement, swell, protuberance or a bump that is different than the breast tissue surrounding it. Breast lumps can appear in men as well as women and they can be benign or malignant. Causes of benign breast lumps are as follows:
- Fibroadenosis: Also known as Fibro-cystic breast disease, it is a benign condition that affects the breast. It may affect either of the breasts or both. One of the major symptoms of Fibroadenosis is a breast lump. Usually, the lumpiness disappears after the menstrual cycle is over. Fibroadenosis occurs because the breast tissue doesn’t respond well to the hormonal changes during the menstrual cycle.
- Fibroadenomas: Fibroadenomas occur because of abnormal response to the hormone oestrogen. The lumps are usually well formed and round, around the milk ducts of the breast. Breast lumps due to Fibroadenomas are called breast mice, because they move around the breast. In some cases, they disappear and in some, they tend enlarge during pregnancy.
Other benign causes of breast lumps are breast abscesses, breast cysts, lipoma (lump of fat), mastitis (infection in the breast tissues), fat necrosis (another name for breast lumps) and intraductal papilloma (benign tumour of the milk ducts in the breast). A breast lump that is firm, well defined and doesn’t move around, i.e. it doesn’t disappear after your period or pregnancy, may be a result of breast cancer.
Treatment of breast lumps
The treatment of a breast lump depends on its cause. Benign breast lumps usually disappear over time. Otherwise following treatments can be considered as per the doctor’s discretion-
- Medication: If the breast lumps are painful or increase over time, it is advisable to take medication.
- Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) and other painkillers like paracetamol
- Danazol, Tamoxifen or Bromocriptine are administered to treat breast pain as well
- Antibiotics which are administered to cure breast abscesses that are caused due bacterial infections
- Limiting the amount of fat in the diet or wearing well fitting bras also reduces the amount of pain due to breast lumps.
- Certain types of breast lumps are filled with fluid or pus. This fluid can be drained through a procedure called aspiration or drainage.
- A radical way to treat a breast lump is surgery. Many a times, these lumps get bigger and painful and the most effective way to deal with it is to remove it. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.