Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Isha SiddiYour feedback matters!
I had sex yesterday and the contraception just failed. Within three hours after intercourse I took a levenogesrtill pill 1.5 mg (unwanted 72) no side effects except feeling more sleepy and Im to get my period within 2 to 3 days. As last month I got my period on June 8. Just worried if emergency contraception works or not.
Mai 19 saal ki hu. Mere periods suruvat se timely ni aate hai. Pehle to kabhi kabhi 2 mahine ya 3 mahine par aate the. Lakin ab to 15-20 din me hi aa jaate hai. Maine bahut baar hormons ki medicine bhi khai hai. But koi phark ni padta hai. What should I do?
I am getting married soon. But my fiancée had already declared that he had few boy friends. How would I understand that whether she had sex or not earlier with anyone? What are the symptoms whether she is virgin or not?
Dear sir yesterday I had done sex with my boyfriend and after sex I taken unwanted 72 within 5 hours is there any chance of pregnancy and is unwanted 72 affect my monthly periods cycle? Please help me I am tensed.
I am 24 year old. I got period on 24 march. Then it again happen on 7 april. Then it again started today that is 28 april. Is it okk or I am having some problem?
I had unprotected sex with my boyfriend at midnight and I was bleeding but I think it was period because it lasted for four days? Please help me i'm so confused.
Painful menstrual cramps is a condition during periods in which a woman or girl has crampy lower abdominal pain, sharp or aching pain that comes and goes, or the pains which radiates to lower back and thighs. In some women or girl the cramps are associated with nausea, loose stools, headache and dizziness. Many women or girls have painful menstrual cycles.
During menstrual cycles, the uterus tries to expel out its lining and a hormone called progesterone is responsible for the uterine muscle contraction. The more the prostaglandin level, more painful the cramps.
Sometimes the pains are moderate to severe making it hard to do normal household work, job, or school-related activities during each menstrual cycle. Painful periods or menstruation is the leading cause of absence from school and work among women in their teens and 20s.
In medical terms it is called as 'Dysmenorrhea.'
There are two categories of Dysmenorrhea.
Primary Dysmenorrhea is menstrual pain that occurs around the time that menstrual periods first begin in healthy young women. In most cases, it is not related to a specific problem with the uterus or other pelvic organs.
Secondary Dysmenorrhea is menstrual pain that develops later in women who have had normal periods. It is often related to problems in the uterus or other pelvic organs, like
Intrauterine device (IUD)
Pelvic inflammatory disease
Premenstrual syndrome (PMS)
Sexually transmitted infection
Stress and anxiety
Home remedies to manage the Menstrual Cramps-
Take a hot water bag and give hot fermentation to lower abdomen, lower back or thighs
Do light circular massage with your fingertips around your lower belly area.
Eat light but frequent meals.
Healthy nutritional diet is a great help
Side lying position with knee folded helps to relieve the pain
Practice relaxation techniques such as meditation or yoga
Take warm showers or baths.
Walk or exercise regularly, including pelvic rocking exercises
Loose weight if overweight
When to consult a doctor?
Severe pain associated with nausea/ vomiting
Increased or foul-smelling vaginal discharge
Fever and pelvic pain
Sudden or severe pain, especially if your period is more than one week late and if sexually active
No relief with routine medications
If intrauterine device (IUD) is inserted
Heavy bleeding with clots
Pain occurs at times other than menstruation, begins more than 5 days before period, or continues after period is over.
1. If it feels wrongs, don't do it.
2. Say "exactly" what you mean.
3. Don't be a people pleaser.
4. Trust your instincts.
5. Never speak bad about yourself.
6. Never give up on your dreams.
7. Don't be afraid to say "no"
8. Don't be afraid to say "yes"
9. Be kind to yourself.
10. Let go of what you can't control.
11. Stay away from drama & negativity.
Every part of the body needs care in order for the entire body to work properly. And one of the most intimate parts on a woman?s body, should be no different. See some simple, but effective tips for vaginal health.
1. Wash with warm water only.
Maybe this may sound strange but PSA: your vagina hates soap! A healthy woman?s vagina stays quite clean on its own without the help of harsh chemicals and cleansers. Like many parts of the body, your vagina has a pH level that needs to be maintained. Soap and other cleansers such as douches or feminine sprays not only create an imbalance in your pH often causing the growth of unhealthy bacteria, they rid your lady parts of the good bacteria that helps you fight off infections! So ladies, lets not underestimate the power of H2O.
2. Stay EXTRA clean during your period.
Your chances of getting a vaginal infection increases when you are menstruating due to the blood and pH imbalance that comes because of it. When your time of the month comes make sure you are being even more cautious of your hygiene habits, especially when it comes to how long you are wearing sanitary items. Make sure you are changing your tampons and pads several times a day.
3. Wear cotton underwear.
Cotton underwear dries quickly and allows air to flow freely through the fabric. This prevents the development of damp conditions that promote the growth of yeast and unhealthy bacteria that might lead to an infection. Underwear made from synthetic fabrics, silk, lace or other materials doesn?t breathe as well. F you like wearing underwear made from fabrics other than cotton, make sure the section of the underwear that will be touching your vagina has a cotton liner.
4. Pee after sex.
At the very least, pee after sex, even if you intend on washing, too. When you have sex, unwanted bacteria can travel up the urethra, which is connected to your bladder. Peeing after sex can help flush the bacteria out of the vaginal area, promoting general health and helping you avoid UTIs.
5. Eat lots of fruit.
Cranberries, pineapples, strawberries and other fruits help to freshen the smell of the liquids secreted by the vagina. Eating fruits won?t make your vagina smell like a tropical island, but it can help you develop a more pleasant scent if that?s something you?re concerned about. Fruit also has a high water content, and staying hydrated helps flush the body of toxins that can lead to bad smells.
Age: 31 Issue: Poly cystic ovarian syndrome, endometrial cyst in left ovary with size 3.7 I got delayed period after 50 days, so it is overbleeding. Doctor suggested me Trapic 650 for 3 days, 3 times Is there a chance for pregnancy during this cycle.
My period cycle is 28 days Last period is 12thaugest I have stomach upset, Last 3 days I have lite breast Pani And tiredness Am I pregnant These are pregnancy symptoms.
Hello doctor, pls I had sexual intercourse with my boy friend on 07/07/2016 at 8: 30 pm, and I took postinor 2 at 20 minutes after sex, and the dosage prescribe to me by my doctor was 2 pills to be taken at once, pls uptill now an scared it its going to work, because I do not want to get pregnant, I have not seen any signs of it working? Pls what can I do, or do I still need some drugs to take again?
I am 46 years old I have a 3 cm cyst on my left ovary. Every month during menstruation I am getting terrific pain on the left lower abdomen and have to take pain killers to get relief. Gynaec here suggesting to go for hysterectomy. Seek your advice.
I had unprotected relation on the 19th day of my cycle. With my finance. We did not have sex but we stimulated each other with hands. He had not ejected but there was pre cum .but before the act he had peed. N.then he stimulated me. I wanted to know whether this is lead to pregnancy as we are not ready for baby. Now today I got my periods. On the 27th day. My cycle has always been regular from 2 years .its always 26 - 32 day cycle. This tym though I got my periods. I an having slight dizziness. I am very much worried .please help me soon as this worry is constantly killing me.
You probably think that things can go wrong during a surgery only and not to post surgery. However, you are wrong! The chances of infection after a surgery are very high and it used to be the highest cause of unsuccessful surgeries in the past, before it was known just how deadly an infection could be. A doctor, however, cannot monitor everything afterwards. Therefore, it is crucial you know and take care of yourself after the surgery.
Here are some ways in which you can do so:
- Keep it dry: It is crucial that you keep the incision dry for whatever period of time the doctor tells you as otherwise the chances of infection increase dramatically. Some of the things you should do to keep it dry is to not take a bath, scrub the incisions or put lotions on it. In fact, you should also not expose it to sunlight.
- Keep the incisions: You must trust your doctor as the doctor is trained and usually knows things better than you. Therefore, if the doctor tells you to keep the incisions, then keep them. Do not scrub, rub or put powder on them either.
- Check for signs of infection: This may be the easiest thing to do as there are many symptoms of an infection. These include a change in the color, size, or odor of the incision, fever, redness, hardening or heating of the surrounding area or in extreme cases more bleeding and pain than usual.
- Changing a dressing: This is a major cause of infections among surgery patients and the only way to prevent it is to follow the doctor's instructions. Once again, trust your doctor and remember to wash your hands and put on medical gloves. Do not put alcohol, iodine or hydrogen peroxide either.
Taking into account the hectic lifestyle we lead, most of us end up suffering from aches and pains. But that does not mean we have to continue to suffer from them. There are plenty of easy exercises that one can follow in order to keep themselves healthy and problem free!
In order to avoid aches and pains, the first thing that a person needs to do is
- Practise hamstring stretches regularly: What this entails is that he or she needs to lie on the back, raise a leg and hold the back of it with both hands. While it may be called the hamstring stretch and one would probably normally think that the beneficial impact of doing it would be limited to the hamstring, it works quite a bit of special magic which has an ability to ease the pain in the lower back. Now, for an exercise which is so simple, is it not worth it?
- Side Stretch: Talking about stretches, another form of a stretch happens to be the side stretch. Even this is rather simple and all that needs to be done is to lie on one’s side and pull the ankle of the leg which is not in contact with the ground towards the back. While this is being done, the ankle of the lower leg should apply pressure on the thigh.
- Straight leg raise: It may seem that most of the exercises which reduce pain are stretches! However, this is not really the case as there is a place for exercises such as the straight leg raise and the like. What exactly is the straight leg raise? Well, it can be done when a person is either in a sitting position or is lying on his or her back. The toes are to be kept pointed upwards and the leg is to be raised. It is to be kept in mind that the challenge of the straight leg raise is that the knee should not be bent, at all.
- The cat and camel exercise: The terms cat and camel generally refer to members of the animal kingdom. However, jointly, in terms of exercises, the cat and camel is an exercise well worth remembering as it can save the individual quite a lot of pain. All that needs to be done is to alternatively arch one’s back towards the floor and the ceiling while resting on one’s hands and knees.
While our way of living may come with certain side-effects, but it would not be right to say that we are helpless. We need to take charge and make little changes to enjoy a healthy and happy lifestyle. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.