Find numerous Pediatricians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Pediatricians with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adolescent Problems Treatment
Limping Child Treatment
Management of New Born Care
Treatment of Newborn Jaundice
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Adolescent Disorders Treatment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Childhood Diabetes
Cleft Lip Treatment
Management of Postnatal Care
Child Growth Management
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Management of Childhood Nutrition
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Quad Screening Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Indu DYour feedback matters!
Can numerous fibroids and an enlarged uterus cause bladder prolapse? Why does my gynecologist think my bladder bulging into my vaginal canal is a fibroid even after I was sent to a urologist for stress incontinence issues?
My elder son. 5 years old. While sleeping he is snoring. He is snoring for 2 years. What is the reason and how to stop it.
Baby is having fever since 4day. Will increase at night. Local hospital 1blood test shows dengue NsAg +ve other 2 -ve. We go to another hospital blood test shows negative for dengue. Given iv saline. admitted still he is having fever.what to do
Helo Dr. Mera nephew hai 4 years old woh khana sahi khata hai per uske body mein kuch nhi lagta bahut kamjor hai woh bones hi dikhai deti hai pls suggest me.
Hi I have 9 months old baby girl, she doesn't sleep well from birth, we consulted many doctors they are all said keep baby playing at day time try to sleep at night time we tried that too she never sleep at day and mostly at night, one of my family friend doctors suggest to give PHENERGAN 10 mg tonic to baby girl but I afraid to give that to my daughter, is it safe? And pls suggest good solution to solve this sleeping problem.
I am 28 years old & the age of my baby is just one month. I am giving her naan as a supplementary food consulting with a doctor. Baby is not getting sufficient milk from me. Is it ok or not? I have a question to doctors that which foods will increase breast milk of a mother?
Your baby's skin is soft and sensitive. Being cautious can reduce the chances of skin infections, but it doesn't in any way refute the possibility altogether. Hence, you must be overly careful. Your baby could face intense discomfort if you happen to neglect the appearance of diaper rashes. Persistent rashes on your baby's bottom can make him or her irritable. Look into the causes and remedies of diaper rash in children to keep your baby cheerful.
Causes of Diaper Rash in Babies:
- Friction and lack of air circulation between the skin and the diaper can make your baby suffer from rashes. Make sure the baby doesn't rub against a diaper for too long; existing rashes can go worse in that case.
- You should never let your child remain in a dirty diaper for more than a while. A dirty diaper increases the risk of bacterial infections on your baby's bottom.
- Skin chafing could also be the reason behind diaper rashes.
- Yeast infections could surface in the form of rashes on a baby's bottom. Yeast or fungus is present in small amounts in every person's body. It can be easily developed in the moist yet warm atmosphere of a child's diaper. Being the mother, if you are on medications, your child's chances of contracting skin rashes is likely to be more. The side effects show in children as they are breastfed.
Ways to Treat Diaper Rash in Babies:
- Each time a diaper is changed; the area must be washed with lukewarm water and cleaned with a soft piece of cloth. The area should then be dried completely. It is best to avoid soaps as they can be harsh on sensitive skin.
- Applying ointments or petroleum jelly can soothe diaper rash. Powder can keep the area dry; it can also remedy itching.
- Feed your child liquids like cranberry juice; it makes his or her urine less concentrated. Concentrated urine can cause severe bacterial infection.
Related Tip: "Diaper Rash: 8 Questions Answered by Dermatologist"
My baby girl is 2.5 month old and she is in formula feed but not taking enough feed and doing vomit once in a day. What should I do. Her birth weight was 2.75 and now she is 4.5. Her weight is enough or not?
Hello Dr. Badam is good for pregnant lady how much we can take daily and how to increase baby weight, I have 24 weeks but baby not getting enough weight please suggest what I do. Thanks,
My baby boy is 6 months 3 week old I hv gvn him suji kheer, apple puree, moong dal water, chikko (chikko which he dint lik it) so should I give him again tmrw or what more things should I give in breakfast lunch & dinner.
Hello. My period start after 6 week of my cesarean delivery. Now my baby is 3 months old. And my monthly period are started. I want to know which days are safe for my to avoid pregnancy again.
My son is 23 months old. He is not speaking not more than 3-5 words till now. He don't have any hearing problem. He understands all most everything we speak day to day. Is there any abnormality in this. Please suggest remedy.
My baby is 5-1/2 months old. Some sound is coming from his breathing. He has no phelgm in chest. We have consulted child specialist He says that his breathing tube will expand as he grows more . He has checked his chest also But says that everything is normal. But sound is coming I do not know what to do. Please give opinion.
My 2.5 month old baby feed with bottle. Bec I cant produce enough breastmilk for him. He did not feed with spoon. If I sterilize bottle before and after use properly and use bpa free glass bottle then is it ok to use bottle.
How to get rid off perpetual prolonged cough and how to get rid off sneezing and allergy? What is exactly dengue fever and how to control it? Please tell me.
Mera beta abhi 6th month ka hai. Usse pichle do month pehle wbc increase ho gaya tha jisse use fever, cough and cold, and loose motions ho rahe the. Hamne uska treatment karwaya tha tab wo thik ho gaya tha. But abhi 4-5 dino se use fir se bar bar fever ata jata hai. Doctor ko dikhaya wo bole baby ka wbc increase ho gaya hai. Abhi treatment chal raha hai. But me ye janna chahti hu ki uska wbc bar bar kyu increase ho jata hai, iska kya reason hai. please koi treatment ho to bataye. please suggest me, me kya karu. Mera baby bahut kamzor ho gaya hai. please sugest me. Answer hindi me de please,
M having body pain specially on hands n legs n cervical bone pains. I used to take pain killer n it goes.. But I wanna know wt could be the diagnosis. As I was born on seven month. N my mom says it's bcz of it my bones are not strong. N since one month M having white colour discharge from vagina.. Is it bcz of my bones. Kindly suggest me something. Wt should I do.
Uterine fibroids are referred to as benign, abnormal growths which tend to develop in the uterine walls of a woman. The size of such growths can range from a few centimeters to even excess of a few inches. As such, they can cause the uterus to increase to the size of a five month pregnancy. Although, the symptoms of fibroids are not always apparent, they often cause heavy bleeding and pain in women. A recent research concluded that around 60 to 75 percent women contract such fibroids by the age of 50, at least once in their life.
Depending on the site of formation, uterine fibroids are distinguished into different types. Intramural fibroids in the lining of the uterus and subserosal fibroids which develop outside the uterus are the most commonly observed fibroids.
What causes Uterine Fibroids?
Although, the exact reason for the formation of fibroids are obscure, medical professionals have determined certain factors that may affect their formation. Some of them are:
1) Hormones: Progesterone and estrogen, produced by the ovaries regenerate the uterine lining during each menstrual cycle and trigger the growth of fibroids.
2) Family history: If you have had a family history of uterine fibroids, then you're likely to develop the condition yourself as well.
3) Pregnancy: The production of progesterone and estrogen increases during pregnancy which increases the likelihood of fibroids.
What are the signs of the condition?
Depending on the location and size of the tumors, symptoms of such fibroids include:
1) Heavy bleeding and blood clots during periods
2) Pain in the pelvis
3) Frequent menstrual cramps
4) Pressure and pain in the lower abdomen
5) Swelling in the abdomen
6) Pain while intercourse
What is the procedure of the treatment?
Ultrasound and pelvic MRI are common diagnostic procedures to check for uterine fibroids. After diagnosis, depending on your age, size of the fibroid and your comprehensive health, the doctor would prescribe you with appropriate medications. Only after medications prove futile, doctors opt for minimally invasive surgeries. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.