Find numerous Physiotherapists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Physiotherapists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Physiotherapists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Shin Splints
Spinal Fusion Surgery
Treatment of Splinting
Treatment of Knee replacement
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Heat Therapy Treatment
Interferential Therapy Procedure
Neuro Physiotherapy Treatment
Post Pregnancy Classes
Postural Training Techniques
Pregnancy Exercise Therapy
Sports And Musculoskeletal Physiotherapy
Sports Fracture Rehabilitation
Treatment of Sports Injuries
Sports Physical Therapy Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Iftikhar AzzamYour feedback matters!
I am having knee joint pain and its getting serious to extent its hard for me fold pls what is the remedy am still a 26 year please.
Hello sir. Actually I am 24 years old and I have a problem of muscular dystrophy i.e lgmd type 2. So what should I do.?
I am having pain in lower back mainly on hip joint on investigation of cbc esr test shows esr is 26. I wanted to know should I need any medicine or treatment for it?
My wife has an tendon repair operation jersey finger little finger right hand three month back but still the stiffness and pain is there while making fist of right hand which is not possible my question is how long time will it take to come to original position still physiotherapy is going on?
I am 68 years old. I am back having low back ache for the last several years. I consulted several orthopedics and neurologists but of no use. I also feel lot of congestion or tightness in my mind. Whether it has any thing to do with my low back pain. Kindly advice
Which is the perfect place for jogging. Road or sand road or grass there is any harm to knees if I do jogging on Road.
I had undergone arthroscopic surgery for my right knee for cartridge tear. Now after 6 months I have pain again in my knee.
I am 53 years old l am suffering from all bone pain mostly right hand elbow after blood test vitamin B 12 and Vitamin D is insufficient Cap D3 strong, Rinifol and cobadex czr taking last one month but still pain in right elbow and rest of the body pl. Advice what to do?
Although I am taking stamlo Beta for my Blood pressure as advised by a doctor I am getting tired too often and my muscles does not allow me to run ,therefore I want to get rid of stiffness in my muscle and not to be tired after running a short distance because I am a sports person. Will you help me ?
My name is rakesh. My hand is brake after 3 month. I want madison but pain is not remove. please help.
I feeling pain in my left hand for 2 days in two or three months. The pain is unbearable. Do you know why its paining and what should I do for this?
Hello Sir, I am 25 years old and suffering from severe pain in the joints of my both knees and the pain spreads from the knee joints up to the anklets of my feet. I am suffering from this problem since I was 8 years old and day by day, the pain is increasing causing sleepless nights for me. Please suggest me some way how to get rid of this pain permanently.
My age is 34 years My left hand below elbow is paining it cannot be able to do any work it is seemed to be swelling.
I had injury in ma ankle ligaments since 2 months ago n consulted doc he puts splint on ma foot for 15 days n after tht allowed for walking wth stick for another 15 days n after tht I get physiotherapy n nw 2 months completed almost foot is alright bt having pain in upper side of the foot where foot is joined by leg so how can I overcome the pain.
I am 50 yrs old female.I am weighing 100kgs and have slipped disc since last two yrs .I get severe pain in my left leg and lower back . Another problem area are my knees.I went for nerve block last year was slightly better.But currently it has increased . Kindly suggest.
Fibromyalgia is a condition characterised by chronic widespread body pains and increased responsiveness to pressure. Women are at a higher risk of suffering from this disorder than men. Fibromyalgia can be treated with physiotherapy, pharmacotherapy and combined efforts of physician and the patient.
Some of the symptoms that characterize this disorder are:
- Pain: Fibromyalgia is characterized by pain that has no apparent reason. It can affect different parts of the body and presents itself in different ways. Some people may experience a stabbing pain while others complain of a persistent dull ache. This pain may be affected by climate changes or stressful situations. There is reduced threshold to pain, because of certain chemical ( neurotransmitters) abnormalities in brain. Pain is generalized, felt above and below the waist, right and left-side of body, arms, legs, neck and back.
- Abnormal Sensitivity: Fibromyalgia patients are extremely sensitive to environmental changes that involve sight, sound and smell. For example, cigarette smoke can make a fibromyalgia patient extremely nauseous while loud music can give the person an instant headache. Lights that are brighter than normal can also make such a person feel uncomfortable. Patients have an abnormal sensitivity to pain, which leads to generalized aching of the body and tender points.
- Muscle & Joint Stiffness: Fibromyalgia patients often experience stiff muscles and joints without any form of strenuous activity or other reason. This may be localised to one group of muscles or affect the whole body. For some patients, this pain is worse in the morning or when sitting for extended periods of time. However, moving around does not provide any significant relief.
- Chronic Fatigue and Exhaustion: There are two main reasons for a Fibromyalgia patient to complain of tiredness. Firstly, the condition itself drains a person of energy even without overexerting themselves. Secondly, the pain and joint stiffness can hamper a person’s sleep and lead to sleep deprivation. Over time, this can become a vicious cycle of tiredness and insomnia. Chronic fatigue also affects a person’s immune system causing his or her energy levels to drop.
- Cognitive Impairments: Fibromyalgia patients also complain of a compromised short term memory. They often face difficulties recalling names of people they have recently met or other newly acquired information. These people may also have trouble concentrating on tasks for extended periods of time and experience mental sluggishness also known as fibro-fog.
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome: Bowel disturbance is another common symptom of this disease. Passing stool may become difficult due to a combination of pain and muscle stiffness. With time, this problem can worsen unless addressed with laxatives. However, an over-dependence on laxatives can lead to further problems.
Apart from pain, patient experiences unrefreshing sleep and fatigue throughout the day. Other associated features can be depression, abdominal cramps, chest pain, tingling.
Lab Tests: Fibromyalgia is a clinical diagnosis. There are no definite laboratory tests. In fact, most conducted tests will turn out to be normal.
Treatment: Foremost important is an education of patient and caregivers, regarding nature of the disease. The patient needs to indulge in recreational activities and undergo supervised physiotherapy. There are potent medicines to correct the chemical imbalance in the body thereby increasing the pain threshold and leading to better quality of life. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult a rheumatologist and ask a free question.